Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How about actually TELLING us which packs are going to be "refreshed"?

Also, tell us what "refreshed" actually means! Are you finally going to fix bugs? Add new content? Believe it or not, SimGurus, some of us really don't like being treated by children when it comes to your announcements. My anger level at you is really high enough; stop making it even higher and treat your paying customers like adults.

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited August 2021
    They aen't telling us because they've already decided but they want us to believe our opinions matter. Even though Spa Day isn't really a pack that needs more than a light touch-up.

It's kind of like when we voted for a Stuff Pack, but in the end we've gotten everything that was in that list over the spread of other packs anyway. Even the Star Wars pack which everybody thought was a joke.

And I can guess what 'refreshed' means. It means "Fixing bugs associated with this pack, improving a few textures and bringing it up to date with expansions and game packs". Maybe "Throw in a new CAS object or two." It DOES NOT mean "Something exciting and new for old customers".
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    They aen't telling us because they've already decided but they want us to believe our opinions matter. Even though Spa Day isn't really a pack that needs more than a light touch-up.

It's kind of like when we voted for a Stuff Pack, but in the end we've gotten everything that was in that list over the spread of other packs anyway. Even the Star Wars pack which everybody thought was a joke.

And I can guess what 'refreshed' means. It means "Fixing bugs associated with this pack, improving a few textures and bringing it up to date with expansions and game packs". Maybe "Throw in a new CAS object or two." It DOES NOT mean "Something exciting and new for old customers".

But it's been proven time after time that the "developers" don't care about our opinions.

It means "Fixing bugs associated with this pack, improving a few textures and bringing it up to date with expansions and game packs". Maybe "Throw in a new CAS object or two." It DOES NOT mean "Something exciting and new for old customers".

How do you know that? Did the Gurus let you in on the secret? Do you have any proof whatsoever?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Personally I think surprises are fun🥳🥳 like a Xmas or birthday present. Every birthday me and sister would run around present hunting for days. This kinda feels like that. Plus there is tons of content to play with until the new surprises are revealed 🥳🥳
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    Personally I think surprises are fun🥳🥳 like a Xmas or birthday present. Every birthday me and sister would run around present hunting for days. This kinda feels like that. Plus there is tons of content to play with until the new surprises are revealed 🥳🥳

This is exactly how I feel. Even though I'm totally absorbed with my current gameplay I still like all the anticipation and build up for new content.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    EA has divorced the players and married Wall Street. The only thing that matters is $$$. Still waiting for the stairs to be fixed.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I do look forward to new content and I like the surprise factor, but lately there are too many bugs and it's almost impossible to play vanilla and I don't have the time and energy to hunt for fixes every time they patch.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I still would like to know the logic behind giving Spa Day a refresh, while Dine Out continues to stay broken. They KNOW that the playerbase constantly has issues with that pack. So why is another pack that literally no one is having major issues with getting attention? Where's the logic?
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member

I like your attitude. :smile:
    I have to admit, I don't like surprises very much, but I do enjoy playing guessing games with other simmers in the speculations threads. I'd miss that.

@Pamtastic72 An image of Spa Day was used for the announcement, and Gurus used the word "clean" on twitter while talking about the GP refresh. I don't think it's been confirmed at all, everyone is just assuming.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

I like your attitude. :smile:
    I have to admit, I don't like surprises very much, but I do enjoy playing guessing games with other simmers in the speculations threads. I'd miss that.

@Pamtastic72 An image of Spa Day was used for the announcement, and Gurus used the word "clean" on twitter while talking about the GP refresh. I don't think it's been confirmed at all, everyone is just assuming.

Ah, I watched that but I guess that went right by me. Seems a fair assumption though. I guess time will tell for sure.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited August 2021
    I can't stand surprises if the track record thus far hasn't endeared me to them.
    A woman I love leaving me little messages here and there? Awesome and uplifting.
    EA/Maxis making me wait to hear where my investment is taking me next? Cut it out.
    I like information. It helps me to keep order in my head and in my life.
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Hmmm, some surprises can work the other way too as there are good surprises and there are bad surprises.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Also, tell us what "refreshed" actually means! Are you finally going to fix bugs? Add new content? Believe it or not, SimGurus, some of us really don't like being treated by children when it comes to your announcements. My anger level at you is really high enough; stop making it even higher and treat your paying customers like adults.

They don’t care about your anger levels. Do something fun instead of constantly getting all worked up about this company.

We’ll see what pack refresh means when we see it, big or small. I would never expect anything huge anyway. I’m sure we’ll know in the next week or two once they give us an overview about what they’ve done to refresh whichever pack they’ve refreshed. 👍🏼

I agree and at least its something to think about and look forward to @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member

But it's been proven time after time that the "developers" don't care about our opinions.

It means "Fixing bugs associated with this pack, improving a few textures and bringing it up to date with expansions and game packs". Maybe "Throw in a new CAS object or two." It DOES NOT mean "Something exciting and new for old customers".

How do you know that? Did the Gurus let you in on the secret? Do you have any proof whatsoever?

It's known as experience and EA's track record.
  • Options
    They aren't telling us because they've already decided but they want us to believe our opinions matter. Even though Spa Day isn't really a pack that needs more than a light touch-up.

It is all speculation as for me saying refreshing an pack should not be just for fixing something that should have been fixed an long time ago because it tells me you let all those bugs build up over some years and now you just getting to it and also "Oh they were working on new packs" when EA/Maxis is not an small company with 3 employees and budget has nothing major to do with it either for if Sims 4 is supposely making lot of Bank I am quite sure these bugs could have been addressed an long time ago. EA/Maxis gets an pass from those that wish for new packs coming out and to heck with the bugs or how everybody else feel about the matter just read the posts it is all there.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I think it’s kind of frustrating because it’s basically “we’re going to change something you may already own, but we’re not saying which one, or how!” as opposed to “something totally new is happening!”
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Very nicely stated and so true @CAPTAIN_NXR7

They don’t care about your anger levels. Do something fun instead of constantly getting all worked up about this company.

We’ll see what pack refresh means when we see it, big or small. I would never expect anything huge anyway. I’m sure we’ll know in the next week or two once they give us an overview about what they’ve done to refresh whichever pack they’ve refreshed. 👍🏼

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited August 2021
    I don't mind the surprise. I'd like to know more on the specifics, but for once we have a decent amount of info. My only worry is that a "refresh" might be some dumb fluff like CAS additions or some new swatches, but I imagine the devs would have stepped in and said something to temper everyone's expectations, like they did for the 21st anniversary patch this year. It would be really stupid if they saw all the hype and knew they would let everyone down, but didn't try to nip things in he bud.

Edit: That auto-censor just made my post sound dirtier than it actually is lol
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I really hope it's outdoor retreat
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I wish they would just tell also. Just guessing what it is and finding out the refresh goes to something you may not even own or like...
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Sims 4 marketing is definitely more about hype than the actual content.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    To be honest they need to refresh all of them, so by not telling us hopefully means they'll improve them all.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Scobre wrote: »
    To be honest they need to refresh all of them, so by not telling us hopefully means they'll improve them all.

I agree and if they had been doing what needed to be done since the beginning and if it is related to fixing bugs that option would not be needed today.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I think Dine Out needs a refresh in not only in using the current "slow-food" there is now. But also the ability of making actually fast-food resturants like McDonald's and the only requires would be: Cash register, equipment-cooking/ice cream maker,etc, some tables and bathrooms. But also something like Tim Hortons place as well. Since I want to be able to recreate a scene from my real life but without all resturants from Dine Out being a slow-food resturants it woldn't work
    6adMCGP.gif