Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the StrangerVille story-based gameplay appear for all save files?

LazyGameReviewer once did a review on StrangerVille.

StrangerVille felt like a zombie apocalypse neighborhood, or something. Maybe I can play out my zombie apocalypse fantasies there!

But, here's the thing: will those crazy zombie-like Sims walk around in every neighborhood of the save file, or will they be contained in StrangerVille? Also, what would initiate the story-based gameplay? I'm just asking this, because I don't want a story-based gameplay in all the save files I create.

But, I really do like the apocalyptic bunker stuff.

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Zombies are contained in StrangerVille, and you can activate the story by picking the new aspiration that comes with the pack, and following it. Generally, all StrangerVille elements are contained in StrangerVille.

Honestly though, there won't be a lot of zombies, and most people will be normal and not pay attention to the weirdos. So if you're hoping for an apocalypse, it might be better to use that zombie apocalypse mod.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    You have to progress the Strangerville storyline pretty further along in order to get "apocalyptic" and after you complete it; you have options to how you want the Strangerville world's weirdness level to be and (I believe) how far the infection spreads.

It's vert self contained and won't interfere with other gameplay. I think ive only seen certain premades act possessed outside of Strangerville once (I dont remember how far along I was on the storyline)? But it was only temporarily.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    For the most part the zombies stay contained in Strangerville. There are three stages of the story and in each stage more zombies appear. In Strangerville they will walk around all day.

There is an easily obtainable item
    a red "Mystery fruit" purchaseable at a kiosk
    that can make sims from any world into zombies. If these sims spawn in worlds other than Strangerville, and is between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m., then they will assume their possessed form.
    So even if you infect all sims in your save, they will behave normally most of the time.

About the second question, the story is initiated by visiting a certain lot that the locals will point you towards and opening a door there. You do not need to be in the Strangerville Secret aspiration to do so. However, the "story" is not a series of quests or anything along those lines. All it does is move the town from one stage to the next. You can do your own thing in each stage, with no pressure to participate in the "story". It will patiently wait for when you are ready to proceed.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    LazyGameReviewer once did a review on StrangerVille.

StrangerVille felt like a zombie apocalypse neighborhood, or something. Maybe I can play out my zombie apocalypse fantasies there!

But, here's the thing: will those crazy zombie-like Sims walk around in every neighborhood of the save file, or will they be contained in StrangerVille? Also, what would initiate the story-based gameplay? I'm just asking this, because I don't want a story-based gameplay in all the save files I create.

But, I really do like the apocalyptic bunker stuff.

@waterywatermelon they aren't zombies they are possessed. They are contained to strangerville, but you can infect people in any world. They are hilarious to see, especially when they run.

Strangerville isn't locked down story driven like the star wars pack. You don't want to solve the mystery in all your saves don't. The first time you visit Strangerville in all your saves it will pop-up welcome blah blah blah, that's it. It is a beautiful world to play in and live in. I solved the mystery with one save. In another I started it but different finish it because I wanted the world to stay strange with that weird weather. In my other saves I haven't messed with the mystery. I dropped a hotel and restaurant in Strangerville and use it as a vacation spot or place to hangout

The possessed sims tickle me so I have some sims I made that I have infected and dropped into game, put them into clubs, it is quite fun to watch them run. They aren't annoying like zombies in TS3, because they aren't zombies.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Honestly though, there won't be a lot of zombies, and most people will be normal and not pay attention to the weirdos. So if you're hoping for an apocalypse, it might be better to use that zombie apocalypse mod.

At the moment, I have already installed the zombie apocalypse mod, and I have created a new save file with it. I plan on playing a zombie apocalypse save file, and after playing it, I will delete it and remove the mod. My concern is, will this mod also affect my other save files even though the other save files are untouched? Or will the mod affect the save file as long as the save file is opened? What happens if I open a save file with a mod installed? Will the save file become corrupted or something, if the mod is later removed?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I played the entire scenario only once. I ended up having to trash that game save altogether, but still have the Infected Sims wandering about into any town my Sim is visiting. I don't play with Zombies, so I know nothing about that. But yeah, the infected Sims from Strangerville will show up in other neighborhoods.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    In my game, an infected sim showed up at the Romance festival in San Myshuno after I started playing Strangerville. I deleted that save, so I don't know if it would have spread or gotten worse.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I've played through Strangerville six times. I like retelling it with different spins/sub-plots. But I haven't played through it in every save.

The pack comes with a handful of sims "pre infected" - if these sims end up being pulled by the game into other worlds for festivals or to work food booths or similar calls, they will revert to their infected behavior. Likewise, as you move the story along, more npcs end up infected and will behave accordingly if the game calls for them outside of their world. I don't remember ever seeing a sim from Outside Strangerville randomly infected by the game.

If you never touch the story, then only the pre-infected sims will behave as such and (usually) only between 1am and 4 am, though some may behave infected at other times. Otherwise, the infection will say within Strangerville unless you use the item mentioned by EnkiSchmidt. (which is sometimes available from the grocer in Cottage Living.)