Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yeah, I saw this. I cannot say I am surprised by his verdict; nor that he mentioned he will not be doing many more reviews.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2021
    I thought he wasn't going to do anymore reviews on sim packs? Swear he had mentioned that months ago. Huh, surprising.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited July 2021
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I thought he wasn't going to do anymore reviews on sim packs? Swear he had mentioned that months ago. Huh.

He said he'd only review EPs a few months ago. At the end of this one, I was wondering if he was saying it really didn't have the content of an EP and he'd review the next EP which actually was an EP rather than an overpriced GP. But he's been saying that various Sims content costs too much for years -- it's not a Sims 4-only slam. The only reason LGR reviewed store worlds in TS3 was because people would buy him the worlds. At the end of every one of them, not matter how much he liked it, he'd say it was not worth the $$. I agree with him. Sims is way overpriced and yet doesn't have enough resources to fix the bugs.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Felicity wrote: »
    He said he'd only review EPs a few months ago. At the end of this one, I was wondering if he was saying it really didn't have the content of an EP and he'd review the next EP which actually was an EP rather than an overpriced GP. But he's been saying that various Sims content costs too much for years -- it's not a Sims 4-only slam. The only reason LGR reviewed store worlds in TS3 was because people would buy him the worlds. At the end of every one of them, not matter how much he liked it, he'd say it was not worth the $$. I agree with him. Sims is way overpriced and yet doesn't have enough resources to fix the bugs.

I mean, true enough, the Sims franchise as a whole is pretty much overpriced when getting into various content packs and definitely not for the average gamer to be investing your hard earn $$ into less you just really enjoy the series and want more content. Which will continue to be an on-going thing when the next installment for the sims comes out so, rinse and repeat. First sims game started with EP's, S2 introduced stuff packs, S3 introduced the store on top of that, and S4 introduced GP's and now kits.

I don't want to even think about the money I've spent from the first sims game throughout out til now. Probably get heart burn. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    I don't want to even think about the money I've spent from the first sims game throughout out til now. Probably get heart burn. :#

Yes, but that figure is much more palatable if you divide it by 240 months (20 years) to get your monthly entertainment budget. 😄
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Umm why did I watch it? He used to be funny and I get why he isn't into it anymore, but again why did I watch it?
  • Options

Yes, but that figure is much more palatable if you divide it by 240 months (20 years) to get your monthly entertainment budget. 😄

PFFFFTT.

I probably could have bought a used car with my entertainment budget. Priorities. :joy:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    musteni wrote: »
    Umm why did I watch it? He used to be funny and I get why he isn't into it anymore, but again why did I watch it?

Like me, general curiosity.

Wasn't feeling the usual humor he had, which is rare but I'm pretty sure this is more tiring than anything to him now, which I would have liked him to just stick to his guns and just say no if it's not entertaining to him, but with it being one of the more popular things on his channel aside from his usual old software and hardware reviews along with other things which people probably been asking him to do is probably why. The same rinse and repeat method when he grew tired of S3 when he said it 'wore out it's welcome'. Same situation with S4. Though, I don't even see him play S2 anymore which I liked seeing on his channel too for the sheer randomness, so I think he's just pretty tired of the Sims franchise all over.

Surprised he didn't go into a bit more depth like the evil chickens and the absolute chaos they can cause havoc on your sims and garden. Or have sims that were lactose intolerant get sick and gassy from drinking milk. (Since there's usually some sort of fart joke in his reviews).

Along with the death by rabbit and death by chicken. Didn't really feel like a overall thorough review from him even if it'd be the same result, which is pretty disappointing. You can see and feel he just wasn't motivated and just did it because it's more expected of him than anything. You can definitely pick up the tone of this video compared to previous ones and his computer related ones.

It was all fairly underwhelming if not disappointing for him.

Probably won't look at anymore sim videos of his as they've become less entertaining.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    @LadyKyn the rabbits and chickens can kill Sims?
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    Yep! They are the descendants of Jack the Ripper
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    @LadyKyn the rabbits and chickens can kill Sims?

Yep. Aggravate them enough and they attack. Sims should survive the first attack and MAYBE the second but high chance they will die. Evil chickens will set things on fire if you agitate them. Probably what my mean and evil sim gets. 🤡
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm going to have the rabbits kill flower bunny.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited July 2021
    It's pretty clear that he feels that packs are overpriced and that this game just keeps going with him saying the same thing at the end of every video...
    I appreciate his reviews nonetheless, but it's not fun to see someone getting tired of the sims, I don't blame him though, it's difficult to feel that not everything is the same after 7 years if you don't feel like playing the game as much as you did in it's earlier years.

I have started watching LGR's other videos, his computer building videos are quite fun to watch.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Like me, general curiosity.

Wasn't feeling the usual humor he had, which is rare but I'm pretty sure this is more tiring than anything to him now, which I would have liked him to just stick to his guns and just say no if it's not entertaining to him, but with it being one of the more popular things on his channel aside from his usual old software and hardware reviews along with other things which people probably been asking him to do is probably why. The same rinse and repeat method when he grew tired of S3 when he said it 'wore out it's welcome'. Same situation with S4. Though, I don't even see him play S2 anymore which I liked seeing on his channel too for the sheer randomness, so I think he's just pretty tired of the Sims franchise all over.

Surprised he didn't go into a bit more depth like the evil chickens and the absolute chaos they can cause havoc on your sims and garden. Or have sims that were lactose intolerant get sick and gassy from drinking milk. (Since there's usually some sort of fart joke in his reviews).

Along with the death by rabbit and death by chicken. Didn't really feel like a overall thorough review from him even if it'd be the same result, which is pretty disappointing. You can see and feel he just wasn't motivated and just did it because it's more expected of him than anything. You can definitely pick up the tone of this video compared to previous ones and his computer related ones.

It was all fairly underwhelming if not disappointing for him.

Probably won't look at anymore sim videos of his as they've become less entertaining.

This is the problem really for me. Most of reviewers similar to him (except carl) felt that they only count the features, and then that's it. They based the price based on the number of features, not by the depth of each. What he didn't cover in the animals as you mention is just one part of it. He didn't even go into detail about simple living, a feature of this pack....

It seems to me that he is more dissapointed that TS4 is not a copy of TS3 with huge open worlds (judging by the comparison into the mod) and what not.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    TS1299 wrote: »

This is the problem really for me. Most of reviewers similar to him (except carl) felt that they only count the features, and then that's it. They based the price based on the number of features, not by the depth of each. What he didn't cover in the animals as you mention is just one part of it. He didn't even go into detail about simple living, a feature of this pack....

It seems to me that he is more dissapointed that TS4 is not a copy of TS3 with huge open worlds (judging by the comparison into the mod) and what not.

Yeah, I can appreciate Carl because he does more of a deep dive into the actual packs and features.
    Example: Wouldn't have known Sims can have a preference for movies in the Movie Hangout Stuff based on their traits and even tell another sim if they prefer a certain genre which would make them even more.

LGR? He unfortunately doesn't do that nor takes that time to and kinda just glosses of the majority of things. A lot of features in the pack does have depth but it's barely touched upon and some of his other reviews are like that too.

Said he liked chickens and raised them, but didn't really take the time to really explore it. Simple living I thought he would have went more into since it locks you out of paying for dishes and making more use of the ingredients in game as well as making things like fishing more useful. Thought he would have mentioned the lot challenges and how chaotic you can make them now with the patch update. (Don't even think he touched upon the pond tool or that you can stock your own fish in it as well.?)

I played with that mod and....it's about like the other one.

There are good features in that mod much like the Brook heights and things I would like to see in the game, BUT it's SO very buggy and very much empty. Love the concept and ideas and the things your sim can do along with the quest like features, but didn't change that the modded world was just empty of sims and you'd be lucky to catch another sim walking by or even at one of said locations that's not populated. What I disliked most about TS3, but at least I knew where to find majority of sims in that world.

Why you don't even see a lot of sim youtubers even playing with it that have given a review about it.

But I digress, his reviews just aren't the same and he should just stick with his decision to just not review ANY packs if he's so burnt out. Happens one can be burnt out on a series you did enjoy at one point and now it's just more so a 'job' than anything.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    He is really burned out. I watched his reviews b4 I purchased a pack, he is the one who actually got me to understand Get Together and then like it. I purchased that EP and have not regretted it. But it is 2021 and the last update really broke a limping game. It is not just time for a new sims game it is time for new people to lead the sims team - fresh blood and ideas.

Ok, I gotta watch a happy vid, he depressed me. 🙎🏻‍♀️🙎🏻‍♂️
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    He's right that this isn't a Full Farming EP. It isn't it's a mini farming pack. Pigs,Horses,Goats,Sheep and Tractors are missing so I don't consider this a full farming ep.
  • Options
    He's right that this isn't a Full Farming EP. It isn't it's a mini farming pack. Pigs,Horses,Goats,Sheep and Tractors are missing so I don't consider this a full farming ep.

Think it would be a unfair comparison to compare an actual dedicated Farm game Simulator to this pack anyway. Other than horses, other animals would pretty much provide the same like the ones we have in game only offering more variety. Getting milk from a goat and sheering a sheep and pigs don't really produce anything other than a mess. :# Guess you could exchange it for meat later on, but can do so with other animals though. Still, what's there makes for a lot of busy work for what you can do on a farm.

More improvements definitely can be made, but I wasn't expecting a full blown farming EP.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    You just convinced me not to watch it. ;)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Comment from LGR.

So! Regarding my statement about future videos at the very end. To elaborate:
    I do not plan on reviewing any more Sims 4 packs, other than full expansions most likely. There are only so many times I can say I'm disappointed or that something sucks, after all.

The Sims 4 continues to get new content all the time and I generally just don’t care, man. Over the past seven years and 50+ videos I’ve made about it, I have said everything that I wanna say about it, many times over. At this point I feel like I’m going nuts repeating myself. Like, we all know EA is a pile of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and the core gameplay of The Sims 4 isn't gonna change all of a sudden, so I haven’t bothered talking about the last six or seven content packs because my heart simply isn’t in it anymore.

I value my time enough not to waste it on covering things I’m not fully invested in. Years ago now, covering this series went from “ooh, I get to make videos on The Sims!” to “ah crap, I have to make videos on The Sims.” It became an obligation, then a burden, and now it's just a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to keep up with.

So yeah. I’m tired of this onslaught of products. Exhausted, honestly. The series has gone off in confusing directions with monetization schemes I don’t care for, and it's become clear the new content is being made for an audience different than me, someone that's a specific breed of old school simmer. I’d rather not waste my time and yours talking about overpriced products made by a corporation I dislike. So going forward I only plan to check in on the series when a full expansion comes along (if that), since at least there are only one or two of those a year. That's as much as I can stomach.

Thank you to all of you for watching over the years, and I truly appreciate all the messages you’ve sent in asking for more Sims videos. But for all intents and purposes, I've mentally checked out and left The Sims behind. Which is fitting, since it left me behind years ago.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I used to love watching his Sims reviews. His old videos seemed more balanced back then and he had both postive and negative feedback that felt valid. Now his videos are just kind of obnoxious to me. I don't understand why he keeps doing them since he hates The Sims 4 that much. He used to be so fun and interesting and now it's just "Uuugh another Sims 4 pack. Why do they keep making packs for The Sims 4." and so on.

Why does he keep doing this to himself? His videos only seem to entertain everyone who hates The Sims 4. There were so many things in Cottage Living he didn't seem to mention and go in depth with.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2021
    It's so strange to me. I don't know why LGR and hundreds of others I've seen on other sites or social medias continues to torture themselves being misrable by engaging in a misrable game they hate so much for whatever reason. I would never review or engage in any activity that brought me more misery than joy.

For example the love of my life is the final fantasy serious. After FFX (the best ever😭😭)I felt like it was all going down hill from there. I stomached ffx-2 because of how much I loved the characters from X. but literally a whole nother dude made it and you could tell. I have played a few demos of newer final fantasies but otherwise never looked back, looked up news or previews, spent money, time or effort engaging in anything related to it because the gameplay or storylines have lost their essence and no longer bring me joy. I like being happy 😁 so I just moved on to other hobbies. And currently only play roblox and ts4
    So I just find it strange that people do this with sims....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Thanks for the quote @simgirl1010
    I do not plan on reviewing any more Sims 4 packs, other than full expansions most likely. There are only so many times I can say I'm disappointed or that something sucks, after all.
    I value my time enough not to waste it on covering things I’m not fully invested in
    To hang in with something that no longer gives you pleasure has never made sense to me. He has never held back how he feels and although I haven't always agreed with him I can respect his honesty.
    For myself I enjoy the heck out of this series and hope to enjoy for a lot more years to come. Even with a few blips now and then. And note I am an old school Simmer and yes I notice the changes and not all to the good but then no one prevents me from playing the rest of the series when I want too either.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited July 2021
    It's so strange to me. I don't know why LGR and hundreds of others I've seen on other sites or social medias continues to torture themselves being misrable by engaging in a misrable game they hate so much for whatever reason. I would never review or engage in any activity that brought me more misery than joy.

For example the love of my life is the final fantasy serious. After FFX (the best ever😭😭)I felt like it was all going down hill from there. I stomached ffx-2 because of how much I loved the characters from X. but literally a whole nother dude made it and you could tell. I have played a few demos of newer final fantasies but otherwise never looked back, looked up news or previews, spent money, time or effort engaging in anything related to it because the gameplay or storylines have lost their essence and no longer bring me joy. I like being happy 😁 so I just moved on to other hobbies. And currently only play roblox and ts4
    So I just find it strange that people do this with sims....

I understand with LGR. He loves the franchise. A big part of his channel growth came from reviewing the Sims 3, and many people considered his reviews invaluable. He loved the game, hated the prices, and was very good at breaking everything down. With Sims 4, the people who found him an invaluable resource still wanted his input. So reviewing Sims had become part of his career, and it's hard to let people down who really look forward to your work. There's a huge difference in playing games in your private time and having it be part of your job. When you're lucky, what you love and what makes you money are the same.

What surprises me more, tbh, is how many people seem to take negative reviews as a personal affront. I was sad that my husband didn't like Valheim because I wanted to play multiplayer with him. But some reviewer on the internet? They're entitled to their opinion even if I don't agree with them.

I'm hoping LGR reviews the smoothness patch for Sims 3. But whether he does or doesn't, I'm still using and enjoying it.

Edit: FF6 is the best ;)