Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nightly Mushrooms / Birds not helping / Plants dying

SkidoodilybopSkidoodilybop Posts: 123 Member
Is anyone else having these issues?:

Nightly Mushrooms: I found many Nightly Mushroom mounds, but no matter what time of evening (showing up just before 5am), and even trying to cheat the mounds into being "mature", I can't seem to harvest them! Other mushroom mounds will spawn and when I pick them, my Sim will get a Spicy or Charming or other mushroom, but never a Nightly Mushroom! Why have Nightly Mushroom mounds around Bramblewood, if they remain dirt mounds forever? This feels like a huge tease.

Birds: I've befriended birds and bought a Bird Tree and placed it in the center of my garden plots, and the birds agreed to help my garden. A couple of days after planting fruits and veggies, they suddenly become infested with bugs! I see the birds flying around, but the surrounding garden plots just remain bug infested and my Sim spends hours spraying each one down. How is this supposed to work? Am I missing something?

Plants dying: Not long after planting a few plots of Fruit, Veggies and Herbs (maybe a day or two), suddenly my Sim will wake up in the morning to many plants that are dead with a green cloud around them. They were weeded, watered, and in a normal state - and in season - but they just died! I did a search and someone said you can cheat the plants back to a healthy state by Shift+clicking them and setting their state to "on track" - but takes a while to do that with every dying plant.

** Dealing with the bug infestations and recovering all the dying plants is wasting a lot of my Sim's day (she can't afford a Gardener to help out), and not being able to harvest Night Mushrooms is keeping me from finishing Errands I'm trying to accomplish. I really loved the idea of these "quests" since I'm a huge fan of RPGs, but this Night Mushroom issue is driving me crazy! **

Anyone else having these issues and can offer any help?

I'm desperate for any advice! :s

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Nightly mushrooms grow at night, not 5 am. My sim lives in the Bramblewood, so I'm not sure what time they do grow, but she managed to harvest some just before I quit playing last night, and I want to say it was around midnight? Also if you have seasons, they're a winter plant.

Bird/bunny help with crops I'm still working on, but it does seem they'll prioritze oversized crops over regular ones.

The plants dying I think is a known bug...
    I think this is the right AHQ thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Plants-always-die-before-even-blooming/m-p/10283837#M180753
  • Options
    mjalletmjallet Posts: 47 Member
    I also saw in another thread that for the nightly mushrooms you have to be there before 10pm which is what time they spawn at for them to spawn that night.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I am pulling my hair as far as gardening in this pack goes. My sim spends all her time spraying for bugs that the birds are supposed to take care of. Bunnies are no problem, they're great weeds-be-gone but the birds are freeloaders as far as I'm concerned, lol. As I was desperately trying to take care of my dying plant by spraying bugs, the birds are flying about happily, totally ignoring the bugs. :s

I used the link to hit the "Me too" button. This has totally borked gardening in the game for me. It's a shame too seeing as how almost all of my sims are gardeners. :(
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    Nightly mushrooms are a winter plant, they will only fruit at that time of year.
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.