Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do some Sims wander so much?

We've been playing TS4 long enough to recognize some patterns that appear in many of our saves.

We notice a number of premade Sims turning up anywhere our Sims go: gyms, cafes, festivals, etc. Sometimes our Sims don't even have to leave their lot--the usual suspects come to them.

Geoffrey and Nancy Landgraab are probably the best example of this. Clara and Bjorn Bjergsen also seem to appear frequently. We see Dominic and Moira Fyres a lot, and Marcus Flex.

On the other hand, we can't remember the last time we encountered Travis Scott, Liberty Lee, or Summer Holiday. Same for Zoe Patel and Gavin Richards. In fact, I'm not convinced Z believes Gavin exists.

Does this happen to you, too? And if it does, do you have any ideas about why?
Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
Yevsas mairzeemo!

Comments

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don’t see premades that much anymore, but several of my played Sims show up all the time. One of them is very famous, so I think it may be related to that. Another who shows up all the time is Queen Elizabeth, so maybe the game just thinks it’s funny to have her keep showing up in bikinis and dumpsters.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited July 2021
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I don’t see premades that much anymore, but several of my played Sims show up all the time. One of them is very famous, so I think it may be related to that. Another who shows up all the time is Queen Elizabeth, so maybe the game just thinks it’s funny to have her keep showing up in bikinis and dumpsters.

@Rouensims I think Queen Elizabeth rocking a bikini and dumpster diving is awesome. Does she ever combine her two activities, and dumpster dive in a bikini? :D If it's Elizabeth I, that's even more delightfully outlandish.

There are a few Sims we want one of our Sims to meet. We don't want to go so far as to have our Sim march up to their door and knock; we'd rather it happen more organically, We've tried visiting lots in their neighborhood, especially for activities our Sim and their "target" might both enjoy. We'll have our Sim fish and jog near their house. We hang out at festivals and relax in parks. Any other suggestions would be welcome!
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Who is “we”?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @Chazzzy My daughter enjoys playing The Sims with me.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Not only have I noticed that, I've also noticed that some of my Sims are wanderers. When I start playing for the day, most of them are right where I left them....but I always have a few that will be walking down the sidewalk or visiting a park in another world. I have no idea where they're going
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @MoonlightGraham nah - I drop my own sims in the game, so I get tons of variety
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member

When ever Bob Pancakes shows up anywhere, it's usually at a bar and he is always angry, heh heh! :D
    I think the algorithm is mostly random, but Sims that are more developed tend to overdrive the randomness a bit. I think.
    Not sure if this is a pre-made, but she always is wandering around crazy in Strangerville.
    I think she was randomly generated based on the world needing a few "infected" wandering around. Now she's a permanent. lol!
    Xc6UUxh.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    @Admiral8Q Oh dear. She's a typical townie fashion disaster. And then, there's the face...

I thought a Sim's traits and aspirations would affect their behavior more. I'll use the BFFs as examples, since everyone probably knows them well.

I'm not surprised that Liberty doesn't wander the Simworld too much. She's adorably Geeky, a Clumsy Bookworm with a Nerd Brain aspiration. Travis is a Geek, too, but he's Outgoing and Self-Assured. Trav ought to have the desire to connect with people, and the confidence to take the initiative to do so. He's the BFF I see most often; he occasionally hits the gyms and drops by the Blue Velvet.

And then there's Summer. She is Outgoing, Gregarious, and Active and aspires to be Friend of the World. I would think Summer would be out of her house constantly, meeting new people and trying new things. She seems to leave the house less often than Libs or Trav.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!