Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims names disappear after last patch

CASim1000CASim1000 Posts: 21 Member
Since the last update (July 20) the first and last names of many Sims (mainly ghosts) have disappeared.
I discovered this bug when a ghost invited me to go to a festival (lol) and I saw that he had no last name. If it weren't for that, maybe I didn't realize it.

I deactivate the mods and it remains the same.
If there was a mod to change the names of ghosts I would fix it, but it is not possible.

Did this happen to someone else?

Fix this, please!!!

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My game always generates an elder with no name for some reason.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    @CASim1000 Please do report this at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs! Especially if it happend again when you had no mods and deleted localthumbcache. (Deleting mods won't make names come back)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @luthienrising Yes, someone already reported it.
    I hope they fix it tomorrow, but a lot of people must be playing by now and they still haven't found out that there are a lot of nameless Sims and ghosts in the world.
    Luckily I realized it and did not save the game.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited July 2021
    CASim1000 wrote: »
    @luthienrising Yes, someone already reported it.
    I hope they fix it tomorrow, but a lot of people must be playing by now and they still haven't found out that there are a lot of nameless Sims and ghosts in the world.
    Luckily I realized it and did not save the game.

Please do add to the report, if only a "me too". It helps with prioritizing. Also, if you can add a report that includes what's happening for you to that thread, it can help them figure out the issue. I believe they're still working on finding the cause(s) of this one. (Though I might have that confused with a different one.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    It happened to one normal sim the first time I played after the patch - but I could change it back in CAS.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,727 Member
    Here is the Answer HQ report for the bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-lose-their-first-and-last-names/m-p/10527136#M190387

Please select "me too" so that Maxis becomes aware of the issue. They really need to fix some of these bugs.
  • Options
    @luthienrising and @logion Thanks!!!
    @rudolpha Yes, it happened to me too. Many ghosts lost their name, but only one normal Sim lost it: Aria Keye (from Parenthood GP).
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I reported in the HQ thread as Me Too but I'm still discovering more of them. All the 3 adults in one of my non-played vampire family (except their daughter) lost their names. Only knew because one of them came calling.
  • Options
    rudolpha wrote: »
    I reported in the HQ thread as Me Too but I'm still discovering more of them. All the 3 adults in one of my non-played vampire family (except their daughter) lost their names. Only knew because one of them came calling.

In today's update this bug was fixed! :D
  • Options
    LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member

I don't think it was, actually. The ticket is still open, and there are still more people with the issue post-patch. It's just not a very common bug, and most people don't seem to be running into it. I would really like to know what the trigger for it is. I started a fresh game, mod-free, and then added some families to the world. One of them ended up with all nameless members. Why? I'm stumped.
  • Options
    roddymooreroddymoore Posts: 1 New Member
    It happened to me when working in CAS. Names of all household members disappear and you are prompted to add names.
  • Options

I don't think it was, actually. The ticket is still open, and there are still more people with the issue post-patch. It's just not a very common bug, and most people don't seem to be running into it. I would really like to know what the trigger for it is. I started a fresh game, mod-free, and then added some families to the world. One of them ended up with all nameless members. Why? I'm stumped.

It's true, the bug continues. Apparently one day (the day of the patch) I was lucky and it worked well, but now the names have disappeared again...