Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would this be the right sub-category for gameplay tips, interesting finds, and overviews? (Closed)

KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
I've a series on Reddit called "Simming Tips", wherein I document various details regarding a specific topic. For reference.

1) Even if I sometimes go into pack-specific details (such as Aliens or Vampires), would it be better to still post them here (if it's the right spot), or in "Packs Discussion"?

2) Would it be something people would appreciate being posted here? I mean there's a thread for "Things you didn't know...", so I wonder if mine would be redundant.

Let me know what you think. Please and thank you.
Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
Post edited by KyreRoen on

Comments

• Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I have no idea of where you should post this, but I like your tips :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    I have no idea of where you should post this, but I like your tips :)

Thank you for the sentiment, either way. :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    I like the idea. Would you be offering tips on all packs?
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited July 2021
    Tips are always welcome :smile: and I think they are different from "Things you didn't know", as that thread is more for fun little details that simmers may not have noticed before. You're tips would be more of a guide for specific topics.

If you'd just be using one thread and updating it with new tips across various packs, then I think this section would be fine, but if you were to post separate threads for different packs then "Pack Discussions" may be better.

You could always private message a moderator/community manager and ask them which section would be better if you are unsure. But if you do happen to post in the "wrong" section they are always happy to move your thread to the correct one, so it wouldn't be a big deal. :smile:

It's very kind of you to want to share your tips and I look fort to reading them!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I like the idea. Would you be offering tips on all packs?

Not necessarily. It's more of an ad hoc thing, and only if I've more than 3 related items to include. I only mention I'd go into pack-specifics due to some topics being relative to a mechanic, feature, etc within a specific pack.
    Tips are always welcome :smile: and I think they are different from "Things you didn't know", as that thread is more for fun little details that simmers may not have noticed before. You're tips would be more of a guide for specific topics.

If you'd just be using one thread and updating it with new tips across various packs, then I think this section would be fine, but if you were to post separate threads for different packs then "Pack Discussions" may be better.

You could always private message a moderator/community manager and ask them which section would be better if you are unsure. But if you do happen to post in the "wrong" section they are always happy to move your thread to the correct one, so it wouldn't be a big deal. :smile:

It's very kind of you to want to share your tips and I look fort to reading them!

Well yes and no. There would obviously be some overlap if I'm doing a segment specifically geared towards something like occults, as I'd also include some little details like that as well. It's sort of a mash-up of "Here's how to do this", "Did you know you could do this?", and "Oh, but there's this little detail you might not have known, as well". Case in point: Simming Tips #9

Oh, and thank you for the information regarding the mod/comm. managers. I was more worried about redundancy than anything, but if they're that lenient, then it shouldn't be a problem, and yes, I should probably keep it to one thread.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I don't think being helpful could ever be seen as being redundant. :smile: Your tips seem to be well thought-out and detailed and I'm sure they would be appreciated by a lot of Simmers.
  • Options
    I don't think being helpful could ever be seen as being redundant. :smile: Your tips seem to be well thought-out and detailed and I'm sure they would be appreciated by a lot of Simmers.

Well that's reassuring, thank you. Now to start porting things over. The formats are different, so it'll take a bit to get it right.

Calm seas and fair winds, all :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    @KyreRoen I didn't want to post in your tips thread but a list of topics in your opening post would be helpful if one is searching for specific info.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @KyreRoen I didn't want to post in your tips thread but a list of topics in your opening post would be helpful if one is searching for specific info.

That's actually why I have the first comment reserved. I just wanted to get most of them ported over and get a good intro before doing the index.
    I swear it all made more sense prior to starting the thread. :/

Edit: Decided to just go ahead with the index since I can't think of an intro at the moment. Feel free to post in the thread. I've already reserved what I need, and I'll add more to the index as I make new posts.
    Post edited by KyreRoen on