Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unable to harvest nightly mushrooms?

I have tried several nights in a row to harvest the nightly mushrooms up in the ruins area. I've tried spending the day nearby and also just arriving at night. Not having any luck. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Try renting the rental lot for a few days.
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    do you have seasons? they only grow in winter
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    do you have seasons? they only grow in winter

I wasn't able to harvest them in winter, either, in spite of being on the lot several days at 5 am. I got chocoberries and some sort of fungus in the ruins (it turned out to be inedible, but it did count toward the forage five plants aspiration step), but even though I could see the mushrooms, my Sim couldn't harvest them.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited July 2021
    I've found that nightly mushrooms can generally be harvested starting anywhere from 10:30-11:30pm (closer to 11:30 I believe). Not sure how long you have to harvest them though.
  • Options
    Starfree wrote: »
    I've found that nightly mushrooms can generally be harvested starting anywhere from 10:30-11:30pm (closer to 11:30 I believe). Not sure how long you have to harvest them though.

I was wondering if that might be the case - that you'd need to be on the lot at 5 am to get them to spawn, but actually collect them at night.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    My sim has nightly mushrooms in her garden and they're in season atm. They can be harvested between approx. 10PM and 5AM. As soon as the other plants spawn harvestables, the nightly mushrooms go to sleep. You do also have to be at the lot at 10PM for them to spawn, one day she got back from the pub around 11PM and the nightly mushrooms didn't spawn that night.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    My sim has nightly mushrooms in her garden and they're in season atm. They can be harvested between approx. 10PM and 5AM. As soon as the other plants spawn harvestables, the nightly mushrooms go to sleep. You do also have to be at the lot at 10PM for them to spawn, one day she got back from the pub around 11PM and the nightly mushrooms didn't spawn that night.

Yes - finally got one by showing up before 10. Then, I planted one in my garden and forgot that I had to harvest them at night, not in the morning when my Sim usually does her gardening chores, so I didn't get any harvestables from it. Have to wait for winter to roll around again. (Not sure what I'm actually going to do with them, but I like to find stuff in the game. My Sims are all packrats.)
  • Options
    WiltingSilkRosesWiltingSilkRoses Posts: 1 New Member
    Is it all right to ask a question here?

I received a nightly mushrooms conserve as a gift (I can't remember from townie or animal) Does ANYONE know how the heck to make one?! Any mushroom will make a mushroom conserve. But I want to make an excellent NIGHTLY MUSHROOM CONSERVE, instead of them normal one I have. Any advice?? <3
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    That is from the Canning interaction. If you have sufficient Nightly Mushrooms in inventory (or fridge), and have enough Cooking skill to make a mushroom conserve, then Nightly Mushroom Conserve should be on the menu when you select the Canning interaction. Should be. If it isn't, I can't imagine why.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I believe that they are available like at 5:00am in the morning if you miss that window, it's gone.
    katandmari wrote: »
    I have tried several nights in a row to harvest the nightly mushrooms up in the ruins area. I've tried spending the day nearby and also just arriving at night. Not having any luck. Any ideas?

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    katandmari wrote: »
    It takes a couple of hours for things to grow. So try going earlier and let her sleep on the bench near the ruins (in the gazebo). My sim had some growing in her garden, she was harvesting everything, I thought she had more time but at 5Am the option to pick them was gone. So I think you have to have the timing right. While she's sleeping click on them often, very often, until you can harvest them.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Oh, I thought you meant something like this:
    3VTyydd.jpg
    It was a special mushroom, but my Sim only had the option to eat it. Face/palm. As you can see it was floating over the front lawn.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/