Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uninvited guest in City Living

Last night a townie walked into my sim's penthouse apartment saying "... I'm really enjoying access to your place..." and I couldn't get rid of him. Didn't get the "Send Home" option when I clicked on him, closest I could find was "Go Away" but that just made him walk several meters away. When he jumped into my pool I thought I had him dead after putting up a fence around it but the guys just treaded water forever though frequently complaining about being tired and hungry. Eventually I just pulled him into the family so I could just delete him, though his Hunger and Energy need was bottomed off in the red he just wouldn't drown. Did notice he had the Goofball trait.

So is uninvited "guests" a "feature" of City Living? If it's some part of apartment living we should have some sort of interaction like "Leave through the door or I'll throw you out the window". Locked the door to everyone but my sim, which will be a pain if he ever wants to invite others over. Wish I could have used MCCC but it seems to be causing issues and had to disable it.

Yea, I wasn't happy.
The cake is a lie

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited July 2021
    Apartment owners can give keys to friends - but also there are occasional bugs like this with people you haven't asked and don't even know wandering in, anyway. Was it Baako Jang? I had to evict his family from my building because he came over all the time.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    edited July 2021
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    Last night a townie walked into my sim's penthouse apartment saying "... I'm really enjoying access to your place..." and I couldn't get rid of him. Didn't get the "Send Home" option when I clicked on him, closest I could find was "Go Away" but that just made him walk several meters away. When he jumped into my pool I thought I had him dead after putting up a fence around it but the guys just treaded water forever though frequently complaining about being tired and hungry. Eventually I just pulled him into the family so I could just delete him, though his Hunger and Energy need was bottomed off in the red he just wouldn't drown. Did notice he had the Goofball trait.

So is uninvited "guests" a "feature" of City Living? If it's some part of apartment living we should have some sort of interaction like "Leave through the door or I'll throw you out the window". Locked the door to everyone but my sim, which will be a pain if he ever wants to invite others over. Wish I could have used MCCC but it seems to be causing issues and had to disable it.

Yea, I wasn't happy.

Yes, in the apartments neighbors come around with a variety of excuses. "Friends hangout," "Games night!", "Mind if I use your place to get ready?" and a whole bunch of others. Did you go to the MCCC discord server to address your issues? MCCC is so consistently updated it's hard to believe it would be the cause of any issues. I would definitely use the MCCC cheats to send that sim away!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Apartment owners can give keys to friends - but also there are occasional bugs like this with people you haven't asked and don't even know wandering in, anyway. Was it Baako Jang? I had to evict his family from my building because he came over all the time.

Have not given out any keys. Definitely was not Baako Jang, think he looked like something Jungle Adventure coughed up (meant to look Latin American).
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

Yes, in the apartments neighbors come around with a variety of excuses. "Friends hangout," "Games night!", "Mind if I use your place to get ready?" and a whole bunch of others. Did you go to the MCCC discord server to address your issues? MCCC is so consistently updated it's hard to believe it would be the cause of any issues. I would definitely use the MCCC cheats to send that sim away!

Would have liked to have had MCCC then, but earlier it was interfering with my sims freelancing tasks and his garden, both problems went away when I disabled MCCC. Discord has been another fun bag of bugs, so can't say if I'll get around to reporting the issues.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »

Yea, I wasn't happy.

Sims with this trait will just walk right into your apartment, use you toilet, shower and eat your food. I literally stopped giving my sims this trait because they would just walk into my other sims apartments uninvited. IT IS VERY ANNOYING.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I think it might be a glitch with apartments, it was happening to me a lot the last time I played in San Myshuno.
  • Options
    DeboraKaeDeboraKae Posts: 176 Member
    This kept happening to me, so I tried putting private residence, that really helped my situation. The apartments I have that on never have this again. Dunno if I am just lucky or if it is the setting working.
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Sometimes the vendors, beggars, music players, wrestlers E.T.C. Register on your lot, like visitors, but they have not been invited into the house yet. It bugs and they think they have access to your home. This is what has happened to me, if my information is wrong please let me know. Au revoir.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    DeboraKae wrote: »
    This kept happening to me, so I tried putting private residence, that really helped my situation. The apartments I have that on never have this again. Dunno if I am just lucky or if it is the setting working.

Thanks for this, I will try this setting next time I play in an apartment.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @JustMeAlb different apt types produce different interactions. I was surprised by the pump interaction where a personal trainer shows up to get you in shape. Just roll with it. Oh, and maybe you gave that sim the apt key
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I have a load that is mostly played in Myshuno with 19 households. I've encountered about every kind of neighbor and random interaction at this point
    Which apartment was it?

If you didn't give him a key to the apartment and it only happens once in a while then it's a myshuno fluke. Myshuno has a fair amount because in a way it's "open world" by district.
    For example the spice district; if you invite your friends who also live in the spice district to hang out it often time considers them to be there already. Sometimes they'll come over and sometimes they are playing basketball but that's still considered a part of your "apartment."

However if you invite sim friends from the arts district to the spice district they all show up (so long as they aren't at work).

Occasionally this trips up npcs and they come inside and aren't really aware that they aren't in the "district" but an apartment. Like the npc could think it's a part of the basketball court and the prompt doesn't show up to send home because technically that's a street as well. A quick fix is to travel to another district and back. That seems to always reset the apartment and kick the unwanted guest out.

That said, uninvited guests is somewhat a Myshuno thing where neighbors can walk in if you've talked to them just outside the apartment. Be it the hallway or, again, the street is considered the same, they can walk in but there is almost always a prompt to send home if you started a chat with them prior to them coming in

They come over often to hang out, because they're bored, to workout, they want to have an intellectual conversation, a shower or to eat. They also come very angry when music is too loud. But on these specific visits they can't just come in unless invited.

A quicker way to solve unwanted sims in the apartment is to simply lock the main door and allow access to just household members and then unlock to allow friends in if you want them hang out.

I don't lock my doors, it's a part of the city life I've come to enjoy as the "extended" family. Plus they're all my sims at this point as I only left two original families in Myshuno, Diego Lobo and the Fengs. Everyone else was evicted.

If they get stuck without send home I simply travel quickly or travel with them and leave them at the place while sending my Sim home. Truly this problem is rare though, at least for me and I play Myshuno more than any world.

Baako Jang was the only sim who would barge in without having a chat outside first and he only did that in his complex. If it wasn't him, it was a district fluke/ mistake.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    It happened at the 1 Torendi Tower Penthouse in the Fashion District. Don't recall who it was and they're not getting a second chance being that after a failed attempt to drown him in the swimming pool I just deleted him, just Googled Baako Jang and it definitely wasn't him. Definitely have not given anyone a key to the place. I did lock the door right after the incident and not seen it happen again, but my sim hasn't been there much being that I've gotten bored with San Myshuno and been playing mostly in Windenburg.

Did have Marcus Flex show up at the door saying something like "... here to pump you up ...", didn't think it was anything other than an acquaintance looking for some socializing.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Oh okay!

Common Myshuno neighborly visits in all game play:
    Pump you up, work out
    I'm bored wanna hang out
    Can I eat, smells good
    Can I use your shower, mine broke
    Sounds interesting in there, can I come in
    Intellectual chat
    Angry at noise

They all knock, you can ignore, accept, decline
    Ignore is best because a conversation can lead them to think it's okay to come in

If you give anyone a key they will..
    Come over nearly everyday and..
    Want to get ready at your apartment
    Have game night
    Hang out with friends
    Basically they behave as if they live there
    This is often as a set time (evening) and is timed much like the "welcome wagon" but WAY more often. It's harder to send them home. I don't recommend it and they don't knock as the ones mentioned above. They just come in.

People walking in that your Sims know but don't knock...
    They had a conversation in the hall or in the street of that district
    The district common areas and hallway are an extension of your apartment with the exception of the actual house in the spice district because it doesn't have an elevator

All areas with an elevator need a front door because elevators can't be locked, such is the case with the penthouses and perhaps was the problem.
    To solve the penthouse visits place a wall that allows the postal service sim to drop off mail in the mail box and allows room for the trash chute. I believe it's 4x3 tiles as a "hall"
    Place a front door and then set the door lock feature as desired.