Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims best friend froze to death

The other day my sim was out with some of her friends her husband and her toddler to the park in willow creek in winter
I renovated it to have a few more activities so they are all out having fun when suddenly the Camera pans to her friend who is in the basketball court oh no she’s frozen I get my sim over there but it’s too late grim has come to clam her
Why did she decide to play basketball in the middle of winter
I tried pleading for her life but that was in vain
So I grabbed her tombstone took it home with me
Luckily her husband is great at fishing and gardening already
They both have level 10 cooking skills
Had to move her in as a ghost so that was fun
So I spent a whole sim week getting everything I needed and they read up on gourmet cooking
Only for my first batch of ambrosia to not work luckily I had an angel fish in a tank so had to use that to make another batch that worked
so her friend call up her boyfriend where they got engaged and married and moved out
Then I went into mange world to make sure they had appropriate clothing for winter
Of which I will do for all my favourite families I’m not playing from now on
So this was a little stressful but not bad as I loved the drama and switch up it caused
I hope the sims team will implement some drama system into the game because all the cutesy all ways happy sunshine and roses I kinda boring

I hope this wasn’t too long a read for some I hope I was able to paint a good pitcher
Happy simming everyone

Comments

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited July 2021
    It happens. Once I sent the Caliente sisters to The Bluffs in Windenburg to go swimming. It was fall, and the forecast was for "mysterious weather". It was ok when they started swimming, but in an instant it turned freezing and started snowing.

I managed to get Nina and Dina out of the water and dressed in time, but Katrina didn't make it :(
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Turned into a good story at least :)
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member

I shut off extreme heat/cold effects. May turn it on though again for awhile since Jacques Villareal's "acquaintances" keep mysteriously dying...
    So far his wife Lona, a 'lazy' 'hot-headed' 'snob', mysteriously drowned, now his new girlfriend Nichole Dougherty, a 'glutton' 'erratic' 'slob', mysteriously died of starvation.

His neighbors Bjorn & Clara Bjergsen have been complaining about stuff. Perhaps they will mysteriously die of freezing?

(The plot thickens ;) Where's a good detective when you need one? Hmm?)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    I wish the sims team fixed the athletic cold deaths. Until then, here's a mod: temperature atlethic buff fix. It blocks the death by freezing for sims wearing athletic wear
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 584 Member
    I didn’t know that happened
    My sims friend was wearing athletic gear at the time
    Does anyone else have any stories of random stuff happening I’d love to read them or if there’s a thread would someone mind linking it hear thank you
    Happy simming
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    edited July 2021
    One of my sims studies to become a robotics engineer. All through the first term he had only ever attended classes, never built an actual robot. So in the semester break he decided to try his hand at an easy robot, using the public robotics worbench at the Foxbury commons.

At the other bench a member of the Bot Sages was working. Suddenly she got an electric shock and died (she must have been dazed from something else beforehand, because the first shock usually shouldn't kill?). My sim, Leo, is now considering a change of career plans. If a Bot Sage, who should know what she was doing, dies so easily, then this job must be extremely dangerous!

He took the other student's urn home, then went to bed. The next morning the ghost had destroyed all the upstairs plumbing and also pranked the toilet. So that's what you get for being hospitable? Leo's new career plan is ghosthunter ;)
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 584 Member
    Great story. EnkiSchmidt
    Thank you