Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a "My First Farm Animal" Stuff Pack?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Where's the no option?
    I'd only be interested if it was fantasy animals, such a pet dragons. Other than that, I think my wishes are filled with whats coming in the EP.
    Oh, unless it added ferrets. I love chaos noodles.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Yes

Yes but in blue. :D:p

The problem with expansioning packs on packs is that you need the previous pack for it to work.

I understand how that will create an uproar, and has caused problems in the community. Creating a pack that only requires "base-game" is most likely getting difficult for the developers and programmers. With metaphorically their hands tied behind their backs and having to use their nose to poke at the keyboard or touchscreen to design a new pack.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Wow. How to reply to this is a head scratcher. MFP was a bit of a disaster, and it did cause an uproar within the community. And I admit I was totally against it from the moment I heard about it. But that happened a long time ago, and how packs are made now compared to a few years ago, isn't the same. I mean, we've seen kits come into play and those have been well received by a majority of players. They are quite small and not that expensive, so I don't see the harm in creating a stuff or game pack that adds new game play to an older EP or GP. Sims4 is nearly 7 years old, and some of those older packs could use a bit of an update. I figure I've gotten my money's worth out of what I purchased, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see new content added to packs like Dine Out, Get Together, Get To Work, or even Seasons. Occult players would be thrilled with anything they could add for their Vampires, Aliens and mermaids. I think smaller new packs would make a lot of players happy if the teams focused on one theme for the entire pack while enhancing the game play content and keeping CAS and BB content at a minimum. I would happily pay for new game play content if that could be done. To be honest, I would prefer paying ten to fifteen dollars for an add-on pack than five dollars for a kit.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Justine Keaton
    Like most packs, depends on what's in it and if what's in it is worth it. I don't own my first pet stuff. While I love my dogs and cats, pet clothing doesn't appeal to me. And while I wouldn't mind having hamsters, I don't care for the modern contemporary style of the furniture pieces as I think we have plenty of that style and option in game already. I wish I could just buy the hamsters and not the rest, but it's one pack I won't be getting.

Now, if m first farm stuff offered some rustic charm, as I love the rustic style, and some baby goats then I'm on board for it.

All in all I don't mind stuff packs as extensions to an EP. It enhances the game and I'm all for that. I just don't buy what I know I won't play with or like and hope the next pack out is something I would.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Depends on how much content there will be in cottage living and what content there would be in a my first farm animal pack.

Cats and dogs should have come with the small caged animals and the second half of the kids room furniture. The cats and dogs EP feels a bit lackluster. So that part of MFPS I don't like. But having some assets require another pack is something I can live with. Remember for MFPS you only need cats and dogs for the pet clothing and the pet furniture functionality. The main feature, the small animals, doesn't require cats and dogs.
    CelSims wrote: »
    I'd only be interested if it was fantasy animals, such a pet dragons. Other than that, I think my wishes are filled with whats coming in the EP.
    Oh, unless it added ferrets. I love chaos noodles.

Yes, please to the dragons. I would love to have them back.
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2021
    Where's the no option?
    No thanks. I want a werewolf/werevamp expansion pack, an anime style expansion pack, a superhero/supervillain expansion pack AND an fairytale world expansion pack. I also think a wedding expansion pack would be cool too as well as the dude ranch idea that @MichelleW had as a game pack.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Yes
    netney52 wrote: »
    Yes just to see the epic meltdown of the community. That aside I do like the my first pet stuff pack and not too fussed it requires other dlc in the game.

This lol
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Yes
    Shouldn't expansion packs be complete in themselves? I don't understand breaking off a piece of an expansion to sell separately.

Probably why we are getting more and more Kits these days. If we don't like DLC for DLC we can have them in little bits and eventually pay more overall. I expect we'll get a pig kit some day. B)
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited July 2021
    Justine Keaton
    If it means that I can have sheep but NOT without the CoL shed…🤔 ….mmm….not really gone on that to be honest.

I don’t really want to need another pack for that. Just give me a new sheep-shed.
    The only thing that I don’t use from MFPS is the very thing you need Cats & Dogs for: The clothing. Unless used for health reasons (keeping dry & warm) I have a strong aversion to dressed up animals. Ok it’s a game, but I still don’t like it. Unless you’re Donald Duck. And we don’t have Donald Duck in this game.

The rest in that pet Stuff pack is so so, but after Paranormal I’d expect stuff packs to have more oomph!

If it’s a standalone stuff pack that expands on the farm theme I’d be happy enough with that.
    Tractors, goose ‘n goatherds. Children of the Corn. All fine by me! 😇
  • Options
    ServalServal Posts: 21 Member
    Where's the no option?
    I don't mind them adding more animals, but if the new pack was directly tied to Cottage living like My first pet stuff was tied to Cats and dogs, it's a no from me. I would rather see them add animals fitting for packs with a completely different theme, so we would likely get more gameplay on the side too.