Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about University Pack

I have just decided to pick the game up again after a long break and a lot of new packs have come out since I last played. I have my eye on that Uni pack, but I do enjoy switching between between households a lot - quite often several times a sims day.

Does doing the pack content lock you into a single sim for 4 weeks game time? Would I be able to switch to another sim and then back to any student sims?

Awake.
Shake dreams from your hair
My pretty child, my sweet one.
Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
The day's divinity....
The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited July 2021
    You can always switch back and forth between households, but if you leave a student alone for too long at the beginning or in the middle of a semester, chances are their grades will suffer and they might even be on probation by the next time you play with them. So while university doesn't stop you from playing with other households whenever you want, it also punishes you for it, in a way.

A workaround is to finish one semester and choose not to enroll for the next one straight away. A sim can always pause their studies and pick them back up later, but I think you will lose your scholarship by doing so (provided you even have one).
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    You can always switch back and forth between households, but if you leave a student alone for too long at the beginning or in the middle of a semester, chances are their grades will suffer and they might even be on probation by the next time you play with them. So while university doesn't stop you from playing with other households whenever you want, it also punishes you for it, in a way.

A workaround is to finish one semester and choose not to enroll for the next one straight away. A sim can always pause their studies and pick them back up later, but I think you will lose your scholarship by doing so (provided you even have one).

Thanks for that :) From what you are saying its seems I do have some wriggle room.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,681 Member
    edited July 2021
    I'm playing rotationally, and I play one uni term per rotation. Most of my students take 4 terms to get a degree. You don't need to watch them during their term week, they might get a degree anyway, especially if they are well skilled and you don't need the honor grade. But they will do better if you check on them to make sure they prepare and go to class. During the week (5 days) the term lasts, I might switch to other houses in the evening and night, depending on the progress of the students. I often play 6 active students per term (they live in a residential house btw, this might be slightly different in a regular dorm) so it's a lot to administrate, would be much easier with just one student.

Uni works fine with my rotation play. Most of my students achieve A (half of them even with honors).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    You aren't limited to one Sim. You can still have up to 8 Sims in the household and they don't all have to be University students unless you put them in a dorm (University Housing type).

You don't have to take 4 weeks, either. Almost all my Sims have finished University in 3 weeks for their first degree and just 2 weeks for any degree after that. I recommend at least trying the 4-class schedule.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,531 Member
    edited July 2021
    I have a prep school that I use as a rotation point.
    09_12_20_2_33_53_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Teens start here, preparing themselves for University.
    09_12_20_1_51_07_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Once they are ready, they attend University for a semester or two and then come back.
    I divide them into two groups of three, usually the Britchester group and the Foxbury group.
    I don't want to have to manage more than three sims at uni.
    09_23_20_1_13_22_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

When they return to the prep school, I rotate to other sims, send my students on vacations, or have them visit their parents.
    11-21-20_2-56-15_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-28-20_4-56-15_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11_27_20_8_45_32_AM.png

11_26_20_9_48_09_PM.png

I keep aging turned off while they are in Uni.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Thank you all so much for the replies. Looks like the pack will accommodate my liking for sim switching :smile:

I haven't yet bought it. I looked in the store for deals, but the only deals are bundles which look OK, price wise, but I am really struggling to choose a game and stuff pack! Don't really want magic and the pets and all that. I pretty much have everything up until City Living.

There is a couple of stuff packs I wouldn't mind mainly for the CAS items.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....