Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any idea to recover the save file before a couple of times of saving?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi, recently, I inactivated Pets on Launcher. I wanted to change my profile picture here, so I opened my main family saves but noticed the invisible map icons bug on map view in that save after inactivating the pets. I did 'reset everything' using MC mod and fixed this bug, and then...I saved the game after that. My sim visited his friend's house next morning and I saved the file one more time. And after that I finally realized all riding skill jornal has been flown away....from inactivating the pets.. One of my families in this save, E sim did many things with his horse and his riding skill was 9 and completed 2 skill journal challenges. Oh God..!! It's completely GONE now..!
Is there any idea to recover the save file with Pets or to recover the riding skill journal history after reactivating the pets?

One more question. Does this bug which all the map tags disappear, happen after inactivating only Pets or other expansion packs? I thought about the backup save file but it wouldn't work because I already saved 2 to 3 times after inactivating Pets..

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I doubt you will be able to recover any Pets related skill/challenges. For future reference it's a good idea to use "save as" when saving so that you always have a way to go back to earlier game play.
    Your profile pics is lovely BTW :)
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Mikezumi Thank you. :)
    Yeah unfortunately, I totally forgot to save the file as other name. Even I didn't realize I inactivated the Pets at that time. :'(

@Mikezumi
    Oh I found my whole main family in the bin at the Edit Town mode! Luckily I played them only for a couple of days after moving to a new Bridgeport. I can recover his all skill journal.:D
    Post edited by Jeansoo on