Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quick question

SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
I’m really tempted to get the cottage living pack when it comes out
I haven’t got dream home decorator or paranormal stuff
So is it worth it to get those in a bundle and will I get the extra content that comes with cottage living ?
Or should I just get cottage living and wait for the others to go on sale ?

Thanks to anyone who answers
And happy simming

Ps I forgot to mention I’m from the uk
Post edited by SamadamsPlayer on

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm considering getting those packs in a bundle as well. For me it depends how long it will take to be able to build a bundle with cottage living. I did something similar when seasons came out and back then it was a bit cheaper to get them separately but I didn't want to wait. I haven't done the math for cottage living yet, maybe prices have changed.

I assume we will get the bonus content even if we buy it in a bundle, but I haven't seen any confirmation yet.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Bundles are usually a good idea. If anyone wonders why I have some of the stuff that I do, it's because of the bundle sales. Someone above mentioned the bonus content and I don't know anything about that. Since I'm very into the theme and have waited for it, I plan to get the pack soon after release though I also anticipate that I will get very busy.

I think if you've been holding out and want to wait for that, it's good as long as they'll keep doing bundles. I think they could make bundles for the kits as well.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I think it sounds like a great idea! I've been holding off on Paranormal and Dine Out, maybe I'll do a bundle with Cottage Living! That way I won't feel so guilty for buying all of them. I think you ought to get the extra content, but who knows what they will do?

@ChampandGirlie I like the idea of kit bundles, especially since I doubt they will ever go on sale. Stuff Pack/Kit bundles would be good, too.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    I think it sounds like a great idea! I've been holding off on Paranormal and Dine Out, maybe I'll do a bundle with Cottage Living! That way I won't feel so guilty for buying all of them. I think you ought to get the extra content, but who knows what they will do?

@ChampandGirlie I like the idea of kit bundles, especially since I doubt they will ever go on sale. Stuff Pack/Kit bundles would be good, too.

Yeah, bundling like that is the kind of thing that I've done sometimes especially when coming back from a break. I also started this version of the game with a bundle so I never played with just the basegame.

Dine Out is still a little buggy. When waiters check on the table while you are at a restaurant the queue drops eating and drinking for sims which means that if you aren't playing some of the diners, they won't finish their food. For example, if you are on a date or sending friends or relatives who do not live together to dine at a restaurant, the guests who aren't playable won't finish the meal. Your playable sim also drops the dining action from their queue but you can just click the meal to have them continue eating. I wish that they would fix this bug. Other than that and changes to how slow or fast diners eat which may not be to your taste, it's a great pack. I have a bunch of restaurants in the game, use them a lot and think the game would not be as interesting without them. I mainly use them as venues where I send my sims but I've run a restaurant as well and it was fun.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Typically, new packs are not available in a bundle. It likely won’t be before Sept 2 when it’s the last chance to buy CoL with the bonus items.
  • Options
    Isharell wrote: »

Yeah, bundling like that is the kind of thing that I've done sometimes especially when coming back from a break. I also started this version of the game with a bundle so I never played with just the basegame.

Dine Out is still a little buggy. When waiters check on the table while you are at a restaurant the queue drops eating and drinking for sims which means that if you aren't playing some of the diners, they won't finish their food. For example, if you are on a date or sending friends or relatives who do not live together to dine at a restaurant, the guests who aren't playable won't finish the meal. Your playable sim also drops the dining action from their queue but you can just click the meal to have them continue eating. I wish that they would fix this bug. Other than that and changes to how slow or fast diners eat which may not be to your taste, it's a great pack. I have a bunch of restaurants in the game, use them a lot and think the game would not be as interesting without them. I mainly use them as venues where I send my sims but I've run a restaurant as well and it was fun.

@ChampandGirlie thanks for the head's up regarding the bugs in Dine Out. I would use DO as a date night type thing, I need something more than just a bar or bowling alley to take them to. If the date doesn't eat that's their problem - might give me a bit of fun, having them mad and hungry while my sim was doing good. :D I predict some terrible dates going down LOL.
  • Options
    babajayne wrote: »
    Typically, new packs are not available in a bundle. It likely won’t be before Sept 2 when it’s the last chance to buy CoL with the bonus items.

That is disappointing. Thanks for the info.