Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big in file size is The Sims 4?

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is 12.6 gb.

The Sims 3 (with 9 expansion packs, 2 stuff packs) is difficult to determine, because some of the packs don't have that information listed.

The Sims 4 is now up to 17.7 gb. I own:

- base game
- Get To Work
- Get Together
- City Living
- Seasons
- Discover University
- Parenthood
- Luxury Party
- Perfect Patio
- Laundry Day
- that free Holiday stuff pack
- Bust the Dust

Of The Sims 4, I only own 6 expansion packs, 1 game pack, 3 stuff packs, that free Holiday stuff pack, and the Bust the Dust kit.

Meanwhile, The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection has 8 expansion packs and 9 stuff packs. Yet, the total file size is smaller than what I have for The Sims 4?!?

Anyway, I am not really concerned; my computer has 660 gb left.

For those of you who have the full game of The Sims 4 up to this date, how much space does TS4 require? And how much additional space do you use for additional content, like mods and custom content?

Also, for those of you who play The Sims 3 and The Sims 2, especially with CC and mods, how much space does your game take up?

Also, how does the number of CC/mods affect loading time?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Oddly enough, I don't trouble myself with such things. I will take a look at how much space I have left on my computer, but that's only once in awhile.

I play on a gaming rig and my load time isn't very great, mods/cc notwithstanding. I don't own every pack, however. So far I'm missing at least four, might be five but I can't recall the name of it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    My Sims 4 file is 46.3 GB which is still good. I still have 80 GB on my C drive & 1.36 TB on my V drive which I save my games on. I think that's alot I'm not too techie.
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member

Meanwhile, The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection has 8 expansion packs and 9 stuff packs. Yet, the total file size is smaller than what I have for The Sims 4?!?

Just going from the fact that sims 4 use higher texture resolution for its 3d models than sims 2, it's normal that sims 4 will take more space. I think it's twice as big if not 4 times as big?

I think full game right now is over 50GB (can't check atm to be exact)

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited June 2021
    My Sims 3 game folder which has all the EPs and SPs is 34.1GB. My Sims 3 documents folder, which include all the mods I use and the store content, is 12.6GB. The Store content is 4.93GB of that and mods are 4GB.

By contrast, my Sims 4 game folder is 44.1GB and my Sims 4 documents folder is 1.06GB, but I don't have all the packs.

I think the main difference is in the Sims 3 I use a lot of default replacements. I use many more mods in Sims 4, but it's CC that takes up a lot of space.

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2021
    My Sims4 origin game folder is around 46 GB. I have all the packs but no kits. My sims4 documents folder can get really big so I often have to move save files and screenshots to another drive.