Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's like you don't get a say in ANYTHING that happens in this game!!! I need mods!

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
I made a new Sim. I wanted to explore the University expansion pack. So I worked hard on my Sims skills and got her into a distinguished degree. Something I was very happy about but that was short lived. My Sim doesn't like mischief. But guess what, the game gives her a roommate with the mischief trait that won't stop MESSING with her. Then at night, that stupid vampire showed up and wouldn't let me cancel him drinking blood from her. I don't want her to be a vampire. And he is going to keep coming back and harassing. I need mods for this game.

This didn't happen in any of my other saves. But the save that I'm the most proud of all this uncontrollable and stuff I can't cancel starts happening.

I don't know anything about Sims 4 mods but I need mods that are going to let me get back control of my own game.

Yes, I'm am legit angry right now!

Is there a mod that let's me delete Sims from existence? If so, please point me to it!

Comments

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    MCCC has a "kill sim" and "mark sim for death" action. I have no idea if it works on vampires because I don't play with occults. Should take care of the roommate, though. Unless she's a vampire, maybe. :grin:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Thank you. I'll look into that. Yes, the roommate needs to go. She's not a vampire. At least I don't think she is.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Just go into the manage household tab and delete the vampires and set the doors to disallow vampires that stops the intrusions. If you send your sim to university halls or request a roommate you will get what the game generates that’s part of that type of gameplay if you don’t want the unpredictability of a random roommate I advise as someone else has said to send your sim to uni from home. You don’t need mods for the vampire issue. I don’t know if there is a mod for the roommate issue as I rarely use mods.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2021
    There are different mods to deal with annoying roommates but if you want to delete sims from the lot I recommend TwistedMexi's allcheats mod. With that when you enable cheats you have cheats that show up when you shift click on a sim like reset sim or remove sim. Reset sim resets them which is useful if they are doing something you don't want them to do, remove sim removes the sim from the lot (it doesn't delete them).

Get his other mod TestingCheats true always on and you don't have to enter testingcheats true in the console.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Thank you to the people who were helpful I appreciate it. I killed off the roommate and I just saw where you can disallow vampires. I just got most of the packs within that last few weeks and haven't really gotten that deep into them and I am still figuring stuff out.

Sorry for my rant (I'm actually in a grieving period right now in real life and I'm sure anger is the stage I'm currently in and likely took it out on the game) and thanks again to the people who helped me.

To @Sindocat: Okay the answer to that is Tuesday. You are right though. Thanks for your input. :)
    Post edited by Fairy_Happy on
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    So I decided to restart that save, I wasn't that far in it. I took the dislikes mischief off and my Sim is going to attend university at home.

I wanted her to live on campus but I can explore the living on campus feature at another time.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Hello @Fairy_Happy , I am very sorry for your loss. The vampire must have been an extra shock at this particular time.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Thank you. The thing is normally I would have laughed at this stuff because in reality it IS funny, but the timing was just terrible.

I do like the vampires in this game, but not in the save I'm currently playing. They can have Rianne in my other save. She's available but not Alicia. no no no.

Now that I've calmed down I'm kind of embarrassed that I started this thread to begin with. Like I said, I was just not being rational at all.
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    Don't feel bad, we all have our days. I know that I've had mine, and sometimes this game will definitely drive you off the deep end.

There's nothing wrong with having a human moment - it's human, and you learned from it. So chalk it up as a learning experience.

Feel better :)
  • Options
    derevaunderevaun Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2021
    You can totally control those things with mods. With MCCC you can change a roommate's traits or mark them for death (send them away and it will happen offscreen). That also works magnificently on vampires; and MCCC lets you "humanize" them at the mailbox.

Bienchen's lessvampiresinotherworlds reduces vampire visits to nearly zero. You're not stuck with vampire visits for simply buying the pack, any more than we're stuck with Eco Lifestyle's effects that people are angry about, a year after they chose to buy the pack. It's certainly up to us to find ways to mitigate the unwanted features, and they're generally out there, so it's good you asked for help.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Thank you. The thing is normally I would have laughed at this stuff because in reality it IS funny, but the timing was just terrible.

I do like the vampires in this game, but not in the save I'm currently playing. They can have Rianne in my other save. She's available but not Alicia. no no no.

Now that I've calmed down I'm kind of embarrassed that I started this thread to begin with. Like I said, I was just not being rational at all.

Don't worry about it, sometimes the game can be frustrating and it's nothing wrong with asking for mods to deal with it.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    You didn't even need to kill the roommate, you could have just deleted them from manage households and allowed the game to generate a new one. Rinse and repeat until you get one you like. Or even just edit the roommate in CAS so that they dislike mischief too and have appropriate traits.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member

Don't worried, everyone has a right to complain. Basically your reaction shows, what these die hard occult defender maybe don't want to understand. The wish to control your game whenever you want, and not feeling helpless when the occults harass your sims in a wrong moment for you as player personally. When rl hits hard one minor disturbance could be overwhelming for that moment. It's okay, at least you didn't started a crusade on Twitter. ;)

Honestly when I play the university content I avoid to let my sim to live in a dorm, the npc respawn algorithm is the worst to me. So many times I was angry about the other sims, and everytime I have changed their appearance and name for a better immersion, I've got a new student the very next day, a continuing gameplay, at least for one semester, wasn't possible. In my decade challenge I handle vampires via mccc and return them to humans everytime I see a sim knocking at my sim door after 11 pm.

The vampires love single ladies living alone (especially in cl apartments). Recently I have got 4 break-ins within 14 simdays, including two time fully drained out, right before I was able to learn the necessary skill for garlic decorations and the doorlock failed completely.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I made a new Sim. I wanted to explore the University expansion pack. So I worked hard on my Sims skills and got her into a distinguished degree. Something I was very happy about but that was short lived. (1) My Sim doesn't like mischief. But guess what, the game gives her a roommate with the mischief trait that won't stop MESSING with her. (2) Then at night, that stupid vampire showed up and wouldn't let me cancel him drinking blood from her. I don't want her to be a vampire. And he is going to keep coming back and harassing. I need mods for this game.

This didn't happen in any of my other saves. But the save that I'm the most proud of all this uncontrollable and stuff I can't cancel starts happening.

I don't know anything about Sims 4 mods but I need mods that are going to let me get back control of my own game.

Is there a mod that let's me delete Sims from existence? If so, please point me to it!
    1. Roommates can be super annoying. Welcome to the real world. Are you living in a dorm? If so, switch rooms and lock the door for everyone but you and whoever is in the bed in that room. (can't say roommate since the game considers dormmates as roommates. And lastly, if you don't like your roommates for that semester, you can move for the next one. So you'll be okay.
    2. I don't think the game allows a vampire to make you its own personal plasma bank nor do I think the game allows them to turn you without your permission. I've only been drank from one time by Vlad. Perhaps, I eat too much garlic? I doubt it. I just don't think they let the vampires get out of control.

If I'm wrong, please let me know so I can be prepared.

As for mods, I don't know anything about them except that the fact that I get along just fine without them and honestly don't have much use for them. I also think that too many times people too quickly jump to cheats and mods if they panic or get into a difficult situation. There are non-mod solutions.

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    If there is anything in this game that makes me feel like I have no control or say it would be random outfits being placed on my sims. I don’t know who’s decision it was to add situation outfits into this game but I hate it so much. I pick outfits for my sims because that is what I want them to wear and the game is so completely disrespectful to that. I get male sims showing up places in gowns and dresses, sims wearing silly costumes that they would never wear and that doesn’t suit their personality, it’s just such horrible design.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2021
    I made a new Sim. I wanted to explore the University expansion pack. So I worked hard on my Sims skills and got her into a distinguished degree. Something I was very happy about but that was short lived. My Sim doesn't like mischief. But guess what, the game gives her a roommate with the mischief trait that won't stop MESSING with her. Then at night, that stupid vampire showed up and wouldn't let me cancel him drinking blood from her. I don't want her to be a vampire. And he is going to keep coming back and harassing. I need mods for this game.

For what it’s worth, your sim cannot be autonomously turned into a vampire. You have to select the ask to be turned interaction on a vampire in order for that to happen. The only thing that will happen from a vampire autonomously drinking from your sim is a dazed moodlet for a few in game hours.

Also in a dorm if you hate your roommate I believe you can simply select a new roommate by clicking on and assigning a new person to the other bed in your room, assigning a bed in a different room to your sim, or assigning a bed in a different room to the roommate.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    If there is anything in this game that makes me feel like I have no control or say it would be random outfits being placed on my sims. I don’t know who’s decision it was to add situation outfits into this game but I hate it so much. I pick outfits for my sims because that is what I want them to wear and the game is so completely disrespectful to that. I get male sims showing up places in gowns and dresses, sims wearing silly costumes that they would never wear and that doesn’t suit their personality, it’s just such horrible design.

Do you have mods or something? I've never ever seen that. In fact, I usually keep a closet in my house so that if I see a townie wearing some horrible combination I can coax them into my house, change their outfits to something more appealing and have them show up sporting my outfits. A point in fact, the celebrity dude, Thorne Bailey, I wanted to test and see if un-played townies would actually wear second slot outfits I make for them so I made a second outfit in each category of him just in his underwear and he went to the Star Accolades in his skivvies!!! LMAO! It was so funny seeing him like that. Take that you, you "I'm better than you" celebrity! Now you know what you can do with your celebritism!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2021

For what it’s worth, your sim cannot be autonomously turned into a vampire. You have to select the ask to be turned interaction on a vampire in order for that to happen. The only thing that will happen from a vampire autonomously drinking from your sim is a dazed moodlet for a few in game hours.

Also in a dorm if you hate your roommate I believe you can simply select a new roommate by clicking on and assigning a new person to the other bed in your room, assigning a bed in a different room to your sim, or assigning a bed in a different room to the roommate.

It's actually called "Ask to turn" and I used it once because for some reason my hazy old brain thought that would be asking the vampire to show his true vampiric self. Hey! I'd just gotten the pack and was overthinking everything so was like "what does this do?" So yeah, don't be confused by that option! They will NOT turn into a bat! They WILL turn you into an undead!

Your dorm point only works though if you lock your door for that particular annoying sim or all other sims except the one that is in the other bed.

• Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

The only times I’ve seen my sims in outfits I haven’t chosen for them is when they are in a club with an outfit type selected. Could that be what’s happening?
  • Options

Is it situational outfits? You can disable those with MC Command Center. The game generates outfits for special situations (like rain or fake vampires) and they always look horrible.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    logion wrote: »

Is it situational outfits? You can disable those with MC Command Center. The game generates outfits for special situations (like rain or fake vampires) and they always look horrible.

Yeah I have them all disabled already but I still see male children walking around town in dresses during the holidays or male sims showing up to Geekcon in ladies formal outfits and random outfits on sims. I play rotational so I have a large amount of played sims in my save. These are in game outfits also, it isn't custom content being tagged wrong.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I love that option in MCCC. I used to use a cheat to take the bad-fashion-sense Sims straight into CAS. I can't tell you how many I snatched off the streets or off a dance floor just so I could give them a make over.
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    babajayne wrote: »

The only times I’ve seen my sims in outfits I haven’t chosen for them is when they are in a club with an outfit type selected. Could that be what’s happening?

For rotational players it happens in situations and lots where the situational outfits are enforced, seasons also seem to affect it as I often see my sims wearing some abominable winter hats and random glasses.

• Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »

For rotational players it happens in situations and lots where the situational outfits are enforced, seasons also seem to affect it as I often see my sims wearing some abominable winter hats and random glasses.

I am a rotational player, but I rarely go to the festivals. I have seen my sims wear ridiculous things with a club outfit active. It’s worth checking.