March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MCCC question - baby surnames randomized

plauplau Posts: 183 Member
edited August 2023 in General Mods Discussion
Hello!

I'm having issues that are a tiny bit annoying, just thought I'd check if any of you know of a quick solution. :)

I use the MCCC setting that prevents NPC's from changing surnames when automatically married, because I import 100% of my townies from the gallery. If they marry and change their surname the game will not recognize the imported sim as already imported, it can therefor generate the same sim again and create a duplicate. They will just show up again later if I delete them. It's like the game's already decided what sim to import, even though I have several hundred sims in my gallery. Anyway, you get the picture..

The issue is that whenever my married NPC's have babies, the babies' surnames are randomized. The parents both have different surnames, but are married, and the baby's name is not one of the parents'. Weird.. and why?

Now my game is full of households with families that all have different surnames.. :#

So, I can't find any settings in MCCC that will make the child inherit the surname of one of the parents, I only find the option to make two sims get the same surname after marriage (then their future kid will get the parents' surname), and as I mentioned, I won't do that because it will just clutter my game with duplicates..

Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help <3
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• derevaunderevaun Posts: 46 Member
    If you're comfortable editing the mc_settings.cfg file, it's sometimes easier to find specific setting there than in the menus in-game. And, sometimes, the reverse is true :/ Anyway there's this one. The code suggests that it's somewhere in the pregnancy section:
    "Pregnancy_SyncChildSurname": false,

I have it set to false. My NPC sims' babies get their mother's surname. I'm not positively sure it's controlled by that setting, but maybe!
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited June 2021
    When a child is adopted or two sims are married, SyncChildSurname only changes the child's last name if both parents have the same last name. (Otherwise how will it choose between the two?)

There is another setting. I'm not sure exactly what it does but you can check into it if you want. It doesn't interest me.

MC Command Center\MC Pregnancy\Offspring\Rename Non-Active Offspring
    "Determines whether to rename a baby born to an NPC or Played Sim after pregnancy completes."

There's also one in the same area for adoptions. "Rename Non-Active Adoptions"

There are no other related setting. If you want a new feature then head over to their discord and make a suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top