Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm thinking we may get new likes and dislikes too. At the beginning, that sim had a thought about disliking birds.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    Wait, they said the milk was flavored, maybe you get a different color cow with different flavored milk?

Could be the flavors depend on what you feed the cow -- in Sims 3 and the cows that were in the Store, if you fed them chocolate you got chocolate milk.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    trineloe wrote: »
    I'm super excited! And I love the contest thingy!
    Btw, since English is my second language: I'm a little confused about the 22nd of July and the stuff from 2nd of September. Can anyone tell me what the deal is about that? Do you only get the extra content if you buy on/after the 2nd of September? 'Cause I NEED that wonderful bike, but waiting for so long to buy that pack? Or have I totally misunderstood what they're telling us? Haha :smiley:

@trineloe the pack comes out July 22 & if you buy it before Sept 2 you get extra content.
  • Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    @elemmele When you live with an animal it's whole life, of course you miss it and want to recreate it for your Simself's family. The first thing I did with Cats and Dogs was make a version of my bossy tortoiseshell Lixa, who had died a couple of years earlier.
  • Options
    chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
    Ahhhh I'm so excited! Does anyone know if we will be able to use the Create-A-Pet tool for the new animals? I did see a rainbow cow in the trailer!
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    My jaw literally dropped like a game-changers'. This looks incredible. When it started off with the Peter Rabbit vibes and the weird-looking guy I was worried that this was going in a fantasy direction, but then it kept going: Mrs CrumpleBottom and her purse, cows, chickens, foxes, llamas(!), children cooking, toddlers gardening, cross-stitching. I just love love love that they made this pack family-centric. I can't wait. <3
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    e4jJOGo.jpg

I wonder if we're getting a pond tool with this pack? Or maybe as a base game update?

The water the child is playing in, doesn't look like a pool, and it seems like it's way too close to the house for it to be a world design thing. I guess it could also be a single build/buy object like the pond from Get Famous, but I hope it isn't though.

I guess we'll find out soon anyway.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I never knew I wanted farming in the Sims 4 until I saw it in this absolutely adorable town!! It is charming and so cute it reminds me of a Disney movie. This is going to add a lot of character to our games I think! I didn't know I would get so excited to see the llama as an animal for the farm! That was such an awesome surprise! And honestly, the water terrain feature makes me so incredibly happy because I just can't get with the fake ones everywhere all the time.

This was so magical to me, because serenity with nature is important to me. Was that lady a fairy tho? She's just singing in the yard to the birds like that? And they made sure you saw her twice too. I wouldn't count out fairies just because it wasn't revealed yet. I feel like this pack was announced a bit earlier than some of the other previous ones no?

This is exciting. I'm like so ready to live the simple life vicariously through one of my Sims in a little cottage by the pond. lol I miss ponds. I'm so excited about this!
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    New food items spotted: preserves, melon, pumpkin, aubergine/eggplant. Looks like sausage and mash on a plate, lasagne and beef wellington!
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member

So 10 game changer built lots, plus maybe some extra empty ones? That doesn't seem very big to me at all? Hopefully I'm wrong, I was hoping for at least 14 lots or so.
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    There is also a watermill (in the background where the chicken attacks that singing lady)

And also there are ruins with a druid-y symbol and bunny going into the tree hollow. A hidden lot?

I8qJpaW.png

wqG9y8C.png
  • Options
    chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
    I'm thinking we may get new likes and dislikes too. At the beginning, that sim had a thought about disliking birds.

Perhaps we will get likes/dislikes for animals? And cats & dogs will be included too if you have that EP installed?
  • Options
    ShachaaiShachaai Posts: 55 Member
    It's minor compared to the rest, but I've been squinting at the new food in the screenshots too. It looks like we're getting beef wellington, bangers and mash, and fruit crumble or an aubergine lasagne?
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    This whole pack has a lot of hobbitsy vibe which I absolutely dig :heart:
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    edited June 2021
    "The Simple Living Lot Challenge makes cooking cheaper, but it also means recipes depend entirely on what you’ve got in your inventory. Forage in the nearby woods for mushrooms and berries, borrow some milk and eggs from your animals, and keep your garden full. Missing something? Place an order with the local grocery shop and get all your ingredients delivered right to your doorstep. (Don’t forget to tip the delivery person!)"

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/cottage-living-reveal?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_ts4-cottage-living-blog-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=68975&ts=1623340923916

I LOOOVE thiis! It's my favourite thing so far!
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I love it! Literally, everything shown was awesome and I can't wait to look after llamas and cows. :D
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited June 2021
    e4jJOGo.jpg

I wonder if we're getting a pond tool with this pack? Or maybe as a base game update?

The water the child is playing in, doesn't look like a pool, and it seems like it's way too close to the house for it to be a world design thing. I guess it could also be a single build/buy object like the pond from Get Famous, but I hope it isn't though.

I guess we'll find out soon anyway.

I was wondering in another post if the patch update would open the water up in the other worlds for us, and then I wondered if the new terrain water would allow similar actions as the open ocean water within reason. Either way, this pack looks adorable!

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member

The bird pooped on her. :D
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    So how many times have you watched the trailer? :p

5 times. I was checking if children could help with gardening too, at least help watering the plants, like I did when I was a child, but unfortunately no sign of it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top