Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    This seems a great place for elders to retire to. It hasn't been advertised that way, obvs, but I can see it as a new lease of life for grandparents and beyond.

Also: in this spot of beautiful unspoilt country, I intend to build a huge wretched eyesore of a McMansion and make all the neighbours sorry! (I'll be sure to include a cottage, under that word's 80s slang meaning of a public lavatory)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm going to convert as much of my Stardew save as possible to this world. I agree for me at least that ROM will pair well with this.. I can definitely see having witches in that world.
    Ugh I'm over excited.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I wonder if kids will finally be able to also ride bikes XD

• Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member

Love it! Actually getting llamas! Love the bunnies. More stuff for kids to do and contests/markets. Bringing back Mrs.Crumplebottom is awesome. Glad to see picnic baskets again. Be so great too if we get swimmable/fishable ponds.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited June 2021
    I always believed that I'd never care for farming if we ever got it, but after watching the trailer, I think I'm gonna have to eat those words.
    • I did not expect to see so many animals! I thought we might get chickens and rabbits and that would be it, but nope, llamas (or maybe alpacas) and cows too!
    • Looks like we're getting a bunch of new cottage-core inspired build/buy items. I know we've recently had the Country Kitchen Kit, but I'm down with getting more shabby chic furniture. I especially love the thatched/mossy roof designs, it all just looks so cosy and inviting.
    • Market stalls and gardening competitions? Heck yeah!
    • I'm thinking there's going to be a good selection of crops with this pack. The pumpkin patch was really cute, and I wonder if we'll be able to carve the pumpkins we've grown ourselves if we have the Spooky Stuff pack.
    • Love the idea of family/group cooking.
    • I like that we're getting an embroidery hobby, that'll pair nicely with knitting.
    • The picnic basket returns! I really hope they'll spawn in parks similar to how they did in The Sims 3.
    • The CAS style of this pack might just be my favourite yet. Give me all the floral print!
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I love your positive thoughts threads @simgirl1010

That trailer had a lot to take in, so I'm going to give myself a chance to rewatch it a few (hundred) times before I comment properly, l am definitely feeling positive about it though!

The stand out thing for me, was the activities that children could partake in. :smile:
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Mind blown. My only con is I've just recently got my decades challenge to the 1950s already when all this gorgeous farming stuff comes out. Whelp...time to start over! 😁
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Also....how good is that mossy stone fence!? We've needed these cottage assets so badly!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I love it so far! :smiley:
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I just had a bunch of wild impressions. This looks really fun. They went all out on this one.

Did I really see a Rainbow-Colored Cow? :o The spots seem the same as the other one, but it looks like they come in different colors. Oh wow! I must have a Rainbow Cow!

Cross-stitch? Love it!

Very, very pretty world...and now we have a great place to use our Country Kitchen kit.

Attack chickens!!

Spitting llamas! How cool to have the llama for wool - I didn't think of that, I was expecting sheep! Wool is for crafting, probably for the cross-stitch, I wonder if we'll get some form of spinning?

Crafty foxes, and clothes for the animals. Maybe we can make the clothes for the animals? That would go perfect with NK.

Oh, man...my poor budget.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I wonder what they mean by “new Lot Challenges” in the pack description. Is that like a lot type that challenges the way you have to live there? That sounds kind of interesting.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I'm excited. I love how they built up the trailer to larger animals. And there seems to be a fair amount of family focus in this pack too. And Mrs. Crumplebottom, we've missed her. And the world is just amazing.
    I kind of made the resolution to not buy it until they fix gardening (I mean, I want my watermelons, pumpkins and aubergines to grow without issues!), but not sure I'm gonna be able to stick to it. I want those animals too.

The gardening fixes will likely come in the pre-pack patch, so you could wait and make sure your issues are resolved before making the purchase. I think I might start my gardening family (though I really want to play that family in the trailer; I hope they're either pre-mades or available in the Gallery); I have a very dear friend who grew up in the UK that might be my Sim for this save, though I also have a lesbian couple in mind as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    And pumpkins!! I love more pumpkins! ALL OF THE PUMPKINS!!!

Fox stuff!! I've loved foxes since I was a kid and those stained glass windows and fox head doorknockers and actual mischievous foxes...!!!

All of the plants and ivy!! Plants growing on the cottages!! More greenery! Love!!

And best of all... MRS. CRUMPLEBOTTOM AND HER PURSE!!!! I have missed her so much!! <3<3<3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    PurpleHeatherPurpleHeather Posts: 83 Member
    It looks amazing! Even more animals than I hoped and I also saw some new activities/hobbies. I think it will work well with off the grid living, especially in combination with eco lifestyle.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Wait, they said the milk was flavored, maybe you get a different color cow with different flavored milk?
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    So here are my positives.I am glad were getting cows , chickens , bunnies and llamas.Im glad to see are gardening competition.I love the design of the decor.I glad to see a kid sewing.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    So how many times have you watched the trailer? :p
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    WOW! As a very demanding & criticizing simmer, especially with TS4, I have to say I'm impressed!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member

Only twice so far. But I am still in recovery from how amazing it looks.
  • Options
    ShachaaiShachaai Posts: 55 Member
    I did actually have a bit of a laugh - they can do llamas but not horses? - and there's a few things I'm still hoping we might see in the gameplay trailer, but I'm so excited for this. Farmers' stalls and gardening competitions! Cows and chickens at last! Embroidery/cross-stitch! Pumpkins! Picnic baskets!!!! (Children getting more things to do - and with the family!!!)

It looks like we're going very Peter Rabbit with this, and I'm very interested in the crosspack compatibility. (Llama wool to knit with in NK? Foxes from C&D? You can FINALLY grow your own pumpkins for pumpkin carving in SS?)
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member

Five times at charge.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    Wait, they said the milk was flavored, maybe you get a different color cow with different flavored milk?
    In Sims 3 ItF, the color of drinks and your color preference determined if you liked the taste. So in TS4, your sim who likes brown and hates orange will like chocolate milk, but hate orange milk.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Omg I get it now!!! I see a freezer bunny riding the back of a llama towards an udderly impressive foe or something like that!! Future cube literally said it all lol🤭🤭😏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I love that the clothing has a breezy, practical, comfy look that will work wonderfully on my Elders. I really needed these styles! I might have to move my senior residence from Brindleton to Henford, I have a grumpy old gent who might get on well with Agnes.
    #Team Occult

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top