Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grim Reaper not appearing when...

Grim Reaper no longer appears when the Sim dying is not in the active household.

I was experimenting in a separate save file by giving Vladislaus the maximum power of altering emotions. He made the surrounding Sims hysterical, and then all of the sudden Dina Caliente turned into an urn without Grim Reaper appearing in the lot! I tried killing a Sim in active household, and Grim Reaper appeared as normal.

This wasn't the case months ago, so I believe this is another bug caused by a recent update/patch. I hope EA would do something about this.

Comments

• Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I killed off one of my sims with the "go out with a bang" elder-woohoo method. Not only was there no Grim Reaper appearance, the urn disappeared instantly into the household inventory. It didn't occur to me at first to look for it there, so I wondered where the heck the urn ran off to. Limbo? The Bad Place? Finding it in household inventory let me place it in the world, where the surviving sim was able to recover it and deliver it to the graveyard.

Something has gone horribly wrong with the new patch in terms of sims biting the dust.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Nooooo, not Grimmy too!
  • Options
    aspernaspern Posts: 18 Member
    Hi!
    Was there some social event going on when you did that?

I’m having this issue in my game as well for quite some time already, only with emotional deaths. The death animation is not occurring during a party with neither played or unplayed sims, only on residential lots though. Any other lot type or no party and everything works just fine.

looks to me like an attempt to nerf vampire killer comedy nights 😡 please don’t, sims team
  • Options
    StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    That really sucks! They have to fix this asap!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @aspern whoa- vampire killer comedy night :o:D

• Options
    SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    I hope they fix it soon! I wanna kill paparazzis without adding them to my active household >:)

@aspern There was no social event when Vladislaus visited Orchid A Go Go and killed Dina Caliente

@ACruelButLovingGod That Sim who died was not in your active household?
  • Options
    aspernaspern Posts: 18 Member
    @SwanSong93 oh okay then, my last theory is that if there’s too many people on one lot (no idea about the exact limit, around 20+ maybe?) grim just won’t spawn sometimes but this makes very little sence..

definitely not a mod issue, hope this will be patched someday
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    SwanSong93 wrote: »
    @ACruelButLovingGod That Sim who died was not in your active household?

The sim was in my active household. The bug you describe is far wider than your OP suggested.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    He's probably busy from all of the deaths in a GrayStillPlays TS4 Youtube vid
  • Options
    @aspern Not a mod issue definitely because I don't use mods. I think the crowd limit for lots is not an issue here because I saw Grim Reaper appear in a Gym with more than 20 Sims to reap an unplayed Sim who froze to death.

@ACruelButLovingGod Ah that's weird. At least Grim Reaper appears in my game when the Sim dying is in the active household.
  • Options
    StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    How do we report such bugs to EA?
  • Options