Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about likes and dislikes?

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
So I decided to fire up my game tonight for the first time in quite a while to try out the new features from the updates that I missed. I actually had quite a bit of fun, got the dust the bust kit so I can play a more traditional spellcaster family trying to blend in - dad is a cop, son is a genius who is really into robotics and wall climbing (even got around to building a wall climbing gym center for his club!), youngest sis loves music and pink and purple, and the mom is a real stay at home mom who gets up early to make sandwiches for the kids, cleans the house, does the laundry, vacuums, knits, makes sure everyone gets their homework done yada yada

But! While I really enjoy the likes and dislikes, unless I'm blind, i don't know why some pack-specific ones (robotics for example) are there and others aren't? I don't think they can like knitting? Or cleaning / being neat? I also don't fully understand if the color likes and dislikes actually have any kind of impact?

Just curious 😊 thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    Not a big impact or anything. They just get positive moodlets when doing something they like and a negative moodlet when doing something they dislike. The moodlets go away when they stop doing the activities. No real lasting impact.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited June 2021
    To add to this yes some things are missing from the list of activities your sim can like or dislike, including base game ones like reading or chess. Knitting is also missing and so are a lot of others. As far as I know favorite colors don't have any impact, as of yet, to gameplay. Unless you have the new DHD pack. Then it only comes in to play in the new career. That's pretty much it.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I was expecting the entire range of Club Activities and even the occult lifestates to show up as Likes and Dislikes! I was mildly disappointed to see they only covered a few. :disappointed:

Also colors don’t really do anything and it’s a shame. Your Sims can ask for another one’s color preference but they don’t matter outside of the DHD pack—heck even outside of the Interior Decorator career! IMO since CAS outfits and BB objects all have color tags, they could have at least given us weak confident moodlets for wearing our favorite color shirt and subtle uncomfortable ones for being in a room that is predominantly colored in their disliked hue.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    I was expecting the entire range of Club Activities and even the occult lifestates to show up as Likes and Dislikes! I was mildly disappointed to see they only covered a few. :disappointed:

Also colors don’t really do anything and it’s a shame. Your Sims can ask for another one’s color preference but they don’t matter outside of the DHD pack—heck even outside of the Interior Decorator career! IMO since CAS outfits and BB objects all have color tags, they could have at least given us weak confident moodlets for wearing our favorite color shirt and subtle uncomfortable ones for being in a room that is predominantly colored in their disliked hue.

Yeah that's sort of how I expected the color thing to work. What else is the point of having favorite colors xD but alright, at least it's a step in the right direction?

And thanks all for confirming that a lot of activities are indeed missing, I thought maybe I was missing something lol

I hope eventually they will add all the club ones, or at the very least all the base game ones! Did they comment at all regarding adding more?