Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I like the dream home pack

I really think the reviewers miss out who cheated there way to the top
the job is harder and the sims are less likely to like what you do when you start out
I also had a lot of fun playing with the new pack
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    anyway I wouldn't mind them doing another career gp but I would like it to
    be a robber career or band maybe daycare
  • Options
    I also think the career is really repayable
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I like the fact that you are required to use certain design style or colour. I tend to use those same objects in those same colour swatches again and again in my builds and I welcome the opportunity to explore other design possibilities.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I like the fact that you are required to use certain design style or colour. I tend to use those same objects in those same colour swatches again and again in my builds and I welcome the opportunity to explore other design possibilities.

yes it really help me think outside the box
    I also like how your changing the sim world bit by bit
    I hope they do more things like that where you and your sim
    can have an impact on the npcs @crocobaura
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

yes it really help me think outside the box
    I also like how your changing the sim world bit by bit
    I hope they do more things like that where you and your sim
    can have an impact on the npcs @crocobaura

i think that's my favorite part of this pack.
  • Options
    the gig speed is also way better you don't have to wait for day inbetween gigs you can get one everyday in that respect its
    one of the best gig careers they have made so far also sometimes you have to guess what the sims will like and if your wrong you don't
    get paid I like that make it a little hard
  • Options
    @texx78 as far as the sims reacting to what you do they do
    sometimes they only tell you things they don't like
    in one gig they told me they didn't like modern stuff I got rid of it
    they said they liked pip organs I gave them one they were in tears and fighting with each other
    I did not get paid :)
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    :) that sounds funny @comicsforlife
  • Options
    texxx78 wrote: »
    :) that sounds funny @comicsforlife

it was @texx78
  • Options
    I've been playing with the pack all night
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I like it too! Super enjoyable and looking forward to jumping back into it today. Over here super thankful I’m a teacher on break 😂
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited June 2021
    Did anybody recieve an angry text of a dissatisfied client?

That one feature made my day.
  • Options
    Dijktafone wrote: »

yes I did
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I am enjoying it too, I have only completed two jobs so far, but I did continue to ask about what the clients liked until I got a decent amount of ideas to work with, I wrote down the things I didn't have room for in the three likes and dislikes slots they give you starting out in the career. That helped me a lot and the clients liked it both times. I am taking it slow though, playing everything else from the other packs at the same time. I find it makes my game more enjoyable if I don't try to experience the newest pack all at once.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »

What did it say haha
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Something like 'I hope your day is as awful as your decoration skills'.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2021
    Even death can’t stop them from letting you know they were displeased with your design skills.

Here’s a still in case the video doesn’t work for those who don’t have Twitter.

1fAKa4I.png
  • Options
    Yes I had that one text precisely!

From the grave though... you gotta appreciate the hustle!
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Oh, I can't wait! Maybe I'll have time to play it tonight! In the meantime, I'm so glad to see other players liking it.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I am glad this pack got me to use the style and color filters. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited June 2021
    I played last night just testing, and I really liked it.

I had a hot headed sim I had created which I only assigned 2 likes (color and music) and 18 dislikes, it was quite funny because he was uncomfortable and totally ticked off the entire time he was at the client's house. So much so, that at one point I had clicked back over to live mode for some reason and he's walking out the door, so I looked to see what he was doing. He had to go kick over the trashcan and clean up the yard of some dirty dishes, and then went back inside to wash them.

I only did 1 gig, it was for the Harris family so I had 5 family members.

It only set likes/dislikes for the first 3 people I talked to (the others were inside the house). But, I was able to talk to them and get a feel for what they liked too, although I forgot to write it down because the little thought bubbles were too fast for me to catch.

My clients had no color likes/dislikes, only hobbies and one design style

Mission Type Furniture
    Liked Dancing
    ???? (can't remember the other one, it was totally irrelevant)

But unfortunately because of their design style likes, I didn't get to use too much of the new pack furniture. I stuck with 90% objects from the Mission Style filter, and just used some decor pieces as accents from other categories.

I didn't add a dance floor, but I did add a stereo, which the dance lovers immediately went over and started dancing, one person "hearted" it.

2 People "hearted" the Mission furniture.

They all gave a "thumbs up" after the reveal when asking their final thoughts on the design, Got a hug from the dad.

And the kids (teenage boy, and child boy) both said the same thing ... something like, the design was good, just not their sytle LOL

Made a $380 bonus as well.

I had a good time and I know for me personally, I will get a lot of replayability with this pack!!!

Like @crocobaura and @comicsforlife said, I also really enjoyed the challenge of being forced to use furniture styles that I would typically never, ever use and still make it look as appealing as possible to me.

And I agree that redecorating the world a little at a time works wonderfully to me because after a while I get really bored or overwhelmed redoing entire houses after houses with no break.

The other thing I like is that the changes save, so if you go back to that same house again for a different gig you can easily incorporate what you previously did and just keep adding to it until you have completely renovated that house.

Here's a couple of pics (ignore the horrendous angle and quality of the pics, I am terrible at that camera mode! I'll have to remember to take screenshots with printscreen for my own personal use.
    LWstiED.png
    kNxAzk1.png

vsGf4HT.png
    rl0r96I.png

RwLv4HB.png
    WzPvOcd.png
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I like this pack a a lot too. My sim is getting the workaholic lifestyle so you can tell I’ve been doing a lot of gigs. I’ve never unlocked a lifestyle so quickly before.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I still say this game should of been a stuff pack. However, the objects are very, very useful for my household homes. ;)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I am glad this pack got me to use the style and color filters. :)
    I never even knew those existed before, so a bonus for me lol.

I haven't played live mode yet, I've been building a few new homes and adding some new sims to my worlds but I'm loving all the furniture so far.
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    I played last night just testing, and I really liked it.

I had a hot headed sim I had created which I only assigned 2 likes (color and music) and 18 dislikes, it was quite funny because he was uncomfortable and totally ticked off the entire time he was at the client's house. So much so, that at one point I had clicked back over to live mode for some reason and he's walking out the door, so I looked to see what he was doing. He had to go kick over the trashcan and clean up the yard of some dirty dishes, and then went back inside to wash them.

I only did 1 gig, it was for the Harris family so I had 5 family members.

It only set likes/dislikes for the first 3 people I talked to (the others were inside the house). But, I was able to talk to them and get a feel for what they liked too, although I forgot to write it down because the little thought bubbles were too fast for me to catch.

My clients had no color likes/dislikes, only hobbies and one design style

Mission Type Furniture
    Liked Dancing
    ???? (can't remember the other one, it was totally irrelevant)

But unfortunately because of their design style likes, I didn't get to use too much of the new pack furniture. I stuck with 90% objects from the Mission Style filter, and just used some decor pieces as accents from other categories.

I didn't add a dance floor, but I did add a stereo, which the dance lovers immediately went over and started dancing, one person "hearted" it.

2 People "hearted" the Mission furniture.

They all gave a "thumbs up" after the reveal when asking their final thoughts on the design, Got a hug from the dad.

And the kids (teenage boy, and child boy) both said the same thing ... something like, the design was good, just not their sytle LOL

Made a $380 bonus as well.

I had a good time and I know for me personally, I will get a lot of replayability with this pack!!!

Like @crocobaura and @comicsforlife said, I also really enjoyed the challenge of being forced to use furniture styles that I would typically never, ever use and still make it look as appealing as possible to me.

And I agree that redecorating the world a little at a time works wonderfully to me because after a while I get really bored or overwhelmed redoing entire houses after houses with no break.

The other thing I like is that the changes save, so if you go back to that same house again for a different gig you can easily incorporate what you previously did and just keep adding to it until you have completely renovated that house.

Here's a couple of pics (ignore the horrendous angle and quality of the pics, I am terrible at that camera mode! I'll have to remember to take screenshots with printscreen for my own personal use.
    LWstiED.png
    kNxAzk1.png

vsGf4HT.png
    rl0r96I.png

RwLv4HB.png
    WzPvOcd.png

I really liked your reno - you did a great job! One question - what pack does the wallpaper in the last photo come from? I don't think I've seen it before & thought it was very nice.