Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really wish you'd fix the game lighting

ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
edited June 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
The new sectional sofa is pretty much useless if you have any degree of ocd. Because every section you put down is a different shade from the one next to it. Maybe if I put a hundred lights in the room so they are all max brightness it might work. Or maybe the lighting could be improved so it doesn't light tile by tile.
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Comments

• Options
    Edit this a little. It works better if you just use sections in a straight line, but if you use a corner and then an end piece on that it goes all to plum.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    Edit this a little. It works better if you just use sections in a straight line, but if you use a corner and then an end piece on that it goes all to plum.

Oh cool I wasn’t losing my mind earlier with the colors on those. For my issue it’s particular to the lighting coming in from a window. If I move it the shades normalize
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yeah it's from the shader they chose, whenever I make sectional sofas or anything that is being placed next to each, I always choose the counter shader, because if you've ever noticed counters never have that issue with colors looking like totally different colors.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Glad I'm not the only one. I used red sectional sofas and some of them looked darker red then the others.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I didn’t even notice this. I’ll pay closer attention and see if I see it for myself.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited June 2021
    The guy in the livestream was saying how much work they'd put into making sure the swatches matched. Disappointing that the lighting makes them all look different therefore. Must be disheartening for the texture artists who worked on these.
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    This happens with other stuff, as well; shelves, bookcases, tables, etc. Very annoying when you place two identical objects together and the colors don't match because one is further away from the light source. I wish there was some kind of global lighting, but I reckon they won't do that or the game won't run on potato-laptops anymore. :( It would look so much better, though.
  • Options
    I suppose the only solution might be to make a multicolored sectional. So many fun extra little puzzle games within the sims, like trying to
    make it work properly, and building houses with doors, windows and furnishings that match.
  • Options
    IngeJones wrote: »
    The guy in the livestream was saying how much work they'd put into making sure the swatches matched. Disappointing that the lighting makes them all look different therefore. Must be disheartening for the texture artists who worked on these.

Yeah, I noticed that there was better matching in this as well, but it could have been even better. There seem to be two distinct lines of furniture for the living room, for example. There are colors you can make match, like white, but not all the colors work with all other pieces.