Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

teen and childhood pack badly needed

we need new aspirations for kids and teens as well as more games
for them to play and events like school dance and sleep overs
they all so need more after school things to do
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    We need Generations !!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    We need Generations !!

yes thats true but I think it would be nice just to have a pack for kids and teens
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Agreed, some of my teens have done nothing but homework for almost seven years.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I've also been wanted a school GP or EP and being able to follow your sims to school.
    We need Generations !!

yes thats true but I think it would be nice just to have a pack for kids and teens

• Options
    I've also been wanted a school GP or EP and being able to follow your sims to school.
    We need Generations !!

I think that would be cool also @Dianesims
    I think a pack just covering some basics would be nice
    bike riding playground stuff feeding ducks skipping rocks

and for teens a little drama pranks getting into trouble having a crush
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes, that'ld be awesome. I'm really tired of the same 4 kid aspirations we have since 2014...
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    Feeding ducks and skipping rope would be awesome! Also tag, jump rope, hopscotch, tree houses, playground slides, roundabout, spring rides, see-saw! There are so many things children could do.

Little sand pits for toddlers would be cute too.

For teenagers...actually the main reason I want bands is so that my teens can have their own garage band thingy going on. I've seen people requesting proms, only to discover that it's a rabbit hole event, I'm not too fond of rabbit hole events, so I would like something where I can follow my sim around.

• Options
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    Feeding ducks and skipping rope would be awesome! Also tag, jump rope, hopscotch, tree houses, playground slides, roundabout, spring rides, see-saw! There are so many things children could do.

For teenagers...actually the main reason I want bands is so that my teens can have their own garage band thingy going on. I've seen people requesting proms, only to discover that it's a rabbit hole event, I'm not too fond of rabbit hole events, so I would like something where I can follow my sim around.

well it doesn't have to be a rabbit hole in sims 4 @AmeliaTodd yes I think bands would be great for teens
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »

well it doesn't have to be a rabbit hole in sims 4 @AmeliaTodd yes I think bands would be great for teens

Realistically the only way I see proms not being rabbit hole event is if the schools stop being a rabbit hole event, but even so, the uni graduation is a rabbit hole event even thought there is a whole pack dedicated to university life, so while it doesn't have to be a rabbit hole, unfortunately I don't have high hopes that it won't be. :neutral:
  • Options
    LA_sports_girl87LA_sports_girl87 Posts: 24 Member
    Yes!! Kids and teens get boring so easily, I would love to see expanded game play for them.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    We only have 4 kid aspirations and 2 after school activities. It’s embarrassing.
  • Options
    also having more things kids could do with adults would go a long way to helping there gameplay
    gardening and baking are to really big ones that come to mind
  • Options
    I would also like it if the game spawn toddlers I hardly ever use the toddler playdate event even though I really like it
    because there are no npc toddlers
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    logion wrote: »

I've added mods to convert toddler skills to childhood skills, and child skills to adult skills. So my playstyle at this point is to ignore the kids other than telling them to do homework and make sure they don't die. Kids having only four aspirations that have very restrictive requirements isn't fun for me. Want your kid to be creative? They need to draw the following pictures, and play violin. Want an athletic kid? They need to spend a lot of time learning to type.

My wishlist for kids and teens:
    More aspirations for kids.
    Active schools. Ideally, players could choose to never play school actively and not be penalized, or play every day of school.
    Bring back private schools. I miss having my sims suck up to the headmaster of the private school to get my kids a slightly better education.
    Home schooling. Make it possible for stay-at-home parents, retired elders, or just adults with flexible schedules, to teach kids at home. This also opens up the possibility of playing a boarding school.
    After school events. Let my sims go to high school sports, or attend homecoming or prom. Give them after-school clubs that they can have actual club meeting rooms for in the school. (And if we're doing dances, fix dancing so dancing with another sim isn't just waving your arms in the same room as them; actually have couples dancing.)
    More activities for kids and teens but especially kids. One of the reasons I tend to ignore kids is that there's so little for them to do. They play with mostly the same toys that toddlers play with. They have very few kid-to-kid special interactions. Throw in some backyard sports, playing catch, playing cops and robbers, doing stunts on bikes, playing D&D, building and playing in treehouses, something that's not just relentlessly building skills in a particular way to meet an aspiration goal.
    School lots. It would be okay if these were hidden lots, like the police station or the hospital, but I generally dislike that there are hidden lots. Any sim should be able to go visit any lot, especially for schools. Kids and teens should be able to try to sneak into school after hours to do pranks, or to go to club meetings, or whatever.
    Make scouting (optionally) active. Let me follow the kids and teens when they go to scout meetings and treat it like an active career as well.
    Revamped skill system. Kids shouldn't be restricted to learning only a couple of adults skills if they've obsessively maxed out their kid skills. I have friends who are buying their grade school aged kids stuff to teach them coding and robotics. Other kids learn how to cook, or martial arts, or how to dance. Most skills should be available for kids, and get rid of the whole motor/social/creative/mental business.
    Delinquency. Remember back when your sims kids and teens could get picked up by the police if they went out after curfew? And how in The Sims 4 you can send a child alone to a different world because you needed them to play on a jungle gym while playful and they happened to be playful at 2 a.m.? Bring back consequences. Maybe have a curfew kids can't be out beyond without an adult or a reason for being out. If kids get in too much trouble at school--for pranks or fighting or smooching between classes or just getting caught skipping class--they can get expelled and then have to either get home schooled or study up on their own to take a GED test.

Right now, I've got two "schools" in my game. One is a school that I've classified as a library. It has a librarian on staff and no one else. It's mainly only useful as a meeting place for clubs. The other is a huge residential building, meant to be St. Trinian's, from that series of movies. Because it's just a residential building, it doesn't really function as a school. The sims there all go to regular school with the other sims. Eventually they'll grow up and move out and I'll have to make sure no random tray sims decide to just move in. So it's basically just a big house full of teens and children.
  • Options
    kemowery wrote: »
    logion wrote: »

I've added mods to convert toddler skills to childhood skills, and child skills to adult skills. So my playstyle at this point is to ignore the kids other than telling them to do homework and make sure they don't die. Kids having only four aspirations that have very restrictive requirements isn't fun for me. Want your kid to be creative? They need to draw the following pictures, and play violin. Want an athletic kid? They need to spend a lot of time learning to type.

My wishlist for kids and teens:
    More aspirations for kids.
    Active schools. Ideally, players could choose to never play school actively and not be penalized, or play every day of school.
    Bring back private schools. I miss having my sims suck up to the headmaster of the private school to get my kids a slightly better education.
    Home schooling. Make it possible for stay-at-home parents, retired elders, or just adults with flexible schedules, to teach kids at home. This also opens up the possibility of playing a boarding school.
    After school events. Let my sims go to high school sports, or attend homecoming or prom. Give them after-school clubs that they can have actual club meeting rooms for in the school. (And if we're doing dances, fix dancing so dancing with another sim isn't just waving your arms in the same room as them; actually have couples dancing.)
    More activities for kids and teens but especially kids. One of the reasons I tend to ignore kids is that there's so little for them to do. They play with mostly the same toys that toddlers play with. They have very few kid-to-kid special interactions. Throw in some backyard sports, playing catch, playing cops and robbers, doing stunts on bikes, playing D&D, building and playing in treehouses, something that's not just relentlessly building skills in a particular way to meet an aspiration goal.
    School lots. It would be okay if these were hidden lots, like the police station or the hospital, but I generally dislike that there are hidden lots. Any sim should be able to go visit any lot, especially for schools. Kids and teens should be able to try to sneak into school after hours to do pranks, or to go to club meetings, or whatever.
    Make scouting (optionally) active. Let me follow the kids and teens when they go to scout meetings and treat it like an active career as well.
    Revamped skill system. Kids shouldn't be restricted to learning only a couple of adults skills if they've obsessively maxed out their kid skills. I have friends who are buying their grade school aged kids stuff to teach them coding and robotics. Other kids learn how to cook, or martial arts, or how to dance. Most skills should be available for kids, and get rid of the whole motor/social/creative/mental business.
    Delinquency. Remember back when your sims kids and teens could get picked up by the police if they went out after curfew? And how in The Sims 4 you can send a child alone to a different world because you needed them to play on a jungle gym while playful and they happened to be playful at 2 a.m.? Bring back consequences. Maybe have a curfew kids can't be out beyond without an adult or a reason for being out. If kids get in too much trouble at school--for pranks or fighting or smooching between classes or just getting caught skipping class--they can get expelled and then have to either get home schooled or study up on their own to take a GED test.

Right now, I've got two "schools" in my game. One is a school that I've classified as a library. It has a librarian on staff and no one else. It's mainly only useful as a meeting place for clubs. The other is a huge residential building, meant to be St. Trinian's, from that series of movies. Because it's just a residential building, it doesn't really function as a school. The sims there all go to regular school with the other sims. Eventually they'll grow up and move out and I'll have to make sure no random tray sims decide to just move in. So it's basically just a big house full of teens and children.

yes I agree
  • Options
    a teen stuff pack would be nice with a teen party event teen cas
    and maybe comics or candy bars a who am I aspiration
    where they find out what things they like what job they want
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    We still really need things for teens.