Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mountain excursion not possible since patch

TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
I noticed that my sims are not able anymore to go to a mountain excursion. As soon as the window opens I see a generic icon. Normally I should be able to choose the onsen bathhouse as the starting point for the excursion. When I click ok the game sends me to manage worlds. My sims seem to be in mt komorebi but as soon as I try to load the household again the game is unable to do so. As a result I am stuck with a never ending loading screen. I have no mods and I play in a fresh save. Has anyone else experienced this problem since the patch?

Comments

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Have you tried repairing your game?
    Do your sims have anything in their inventories? If so, try removing that too.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2021
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    I noticed that my sims are not able anymore to go to a mountain excursion. As soon as the window opens I see a generic icon. Normally I should be able to choose the onsen bathhouse as the starting point for the excursion. When I click ok the game sends me to manage worlds. My sims seem to be in mt komorebi but as soon as I try to load the household again the game is unable to do so. As a result I am stuck with a never ending loading screen. I have no mods and I play in a fresh save. Has anyone else experienced this problem since the patch?

Probably broken since the patch. I'll let SimGuruNick know.

Update
    This is confirmed on the bug thread.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-SE-Mountain-Excursion-Planned-Event-Will-Not-Start/m-p/9775458#M165269
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »

Probably broken since the patch. I'll let SimGuruNick know.

Update
    This is confirmed on the bug thread.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-SE-Mountain-Excursion-Planned-Event-Will-Not-Start/m-p/9775458#M165269

Thanks a lot!!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Well, I was seriously considering sending my Cantrell family out of the heat of their summer to a snowy escape, but maybe not. At least not right now. :open_mouth: Thanks for the Heads-Up!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    I just did a mountain excursion today.

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    edited May 2021
    Oh, I see your bug report describes starting a mountain excursion for a future date/time on the calendar. I just started mine from the phone: social tab > plan social event. You can try it that way when you are ready for your excursion to start!

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Oh, I see your bug report describes starting a mountain excursion for a future date/time on the calendar. I just started mine from the phone: social tab > plan social event. You can try it that way when you are ready for your excursion to start!

It's not working for a lot of people and it's on the official bug site. It's even messing up some households. They need to release an emergency patch to fix this as it's a major gameplay feature.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    They haven't fixed it yet or it broke again.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    It's three months later and I had my sims climb Mt. Komorebi successfully today. The bug seems to be fixed. :)

• Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Gagea wrote: »
    It's three months later and I had my sims climb Mt. Komorebi successfully today. The bug seems to be fixed. :)

It's fixed in existing saves? Cause it was only fixed for new saves and I've been waiting forever to finally be able to do one in my main save.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    I tried it with my existing rotational save I've been playing for over a year.
  • Options
    Gagea wrote: »
    I tried it with my existing rotational save I've been playing for over a year.

Oh wow I'm so happy. I think this made my day lol
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I am training 2 of my most able climbers to do the mountain excursion. Now I have a little more faith it will work as its supposed to. Thanks for the heads up!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Ok I tried it and it didn't work for me.... very dissapointing but I'll try again tomorrow since I cleared my cache
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Apparently this event breaks because the Onsen lot gets corrupted.

Try starting a new game, copying the Mt. K Onsen to your Library and placing it in the effected save.

Hopefully, replacing the lot fixes the event.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Apparently this event breaks because the Onsen lot gets corrupted.

Try starting a new game, copying the Mt. K Onsen to your Library and placing it in the effected save.

Hopefully, replacing the lot fixes the event.
    @EmmaVane
    I placed an onsen lot from the gallery and cleared my cache, removed my mods and it still didn't work unfortunately
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    I was able to do it if instead of choosing a day and hour I asked that the event take place immediatly.
  • Options
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I was able to do it if instead of choosing a day and hour I asked that the event take place immediatly.

Do you still get the generic lot and the lama picture when choosing location?
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    Yes, I do. @kaiwrysims
  • Options
    Ziafar wrote: »
    Yes, I do. @kaiwrysims

Oh hm ok tomorrow I will try to plan the event even when it has the lama picture. I only checked to see if it still had it and didn't fully go through with the event because I thought it wouldn't work.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Keeping all my fingers crossed that this will work when my sims try to go for a climb.
  • Options
    Update: I tried it and it still took me to the map view. I even tried something new: using a different household and it's the same thing.

Next I will try to repair my game again and create a new household in case all of my current households are bugged out.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,933 Member
    i read alot on this, you have to start a new save, thats what i did and it worked !
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited March 2022
    Hi @kaiwrysims did you check the bug report ?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-SE-Excursion-Onsen-Lot-shows-as-generic-Llama-pic-Breaks/m-p/10528684#M190580 in here i found post#289 mentionning a workaround solution that seems wayy too complicated for me, but i really feel for you all the work you did... Good luck !
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    Hi @kaiwrysims did you check the bug report ?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-SE-Excursion-Onsen-Lot-shows-as-generic-Llama-pic-Breaks/m-p/10528684#M190580 in here i found post#289 mentionning a workaround solution that seems wayy too complicated for me, but i really feel for you all the work you did... Good luck !

Yeah I can't use that workaround because I've played too much with SE and even if I save my builds and households it will mess up relationships and other things