Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's With Plant Sims?

Tonight I thought I'd try a Plant Sim for the fist time. Played them in Sims 3, from memory they looked good and were enjoyable. I wasn't expecting that hue of green and what happened to the plant hair, it was missing?

Sorry this is sounding like a restaurant meal review.

In edit CAS, I was hoping I could make my sim more appealing but wow frightening. I do have a mod that supposedly, can keep them a plant sim permanently. I was excited by that thought, making her a market gardener, flower arranging, eco etc personality.

Is it worth it? Do they actually do anything different compared to a non plant sim?

Comments

• Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    edited May 2021
    inkyviolet wrote: »
    Tonight I thought I'd try a Plant Sim for the fist time. Played them in Sims 3, from memory they looked good and were enjoyable. I wasn't expecting that hue of green and what happened to the plant hair, it was missing?

Sorry this is sounding like a restaurant meal review.

In edit CAS, I was hoping I could make my sim more appealing but wow frightening. I do have a mod that supposedly, can keep them a plant sim permanently. I was excited by that thought, making her a market gardener, flower arranging, eco etc personality.

Is it worth it? Do they actually do anything different compared to a non plant sim?

TS4 Plant Sims were added in a free update way back and are notoriously trash.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    IObelleIObelle Posts: 136 Member
    These posers don't even deserve to be called plantsims!
    There Are No Plantsims In The Sims 4
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    ts4 butchered them sadly
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Ts4 did them dirty. They are a normal sim in every way apart from a water/sunlight need and an occasional idle animation.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    They were added for free which is why they were done so cheap and never given anything special.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Yeahhh, plant sims were just a very underwhelming occult added for just an event as mentioned above.

Other than a mod that I remember adding more onto it, no real reason to play as one. Plant sims were always th emost underwhelming and fairly boring occult compared in previous games, but here there's really no gameplay to them.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Maybe they'll be updated in the Farming Pack.

Or maybe not.

EA pretends that Occult species are niche, but they are not niche at all; they are the most looked-forward-to of packs. Everybody was disappointed when Mermaids were rather underwhelming in Island Living.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Yeahhh, plant sims were just a very underwhelming occult added for just an event as mentioned above.

Other than a mod that I remember adding more onto it, no real reason to play as one. Plant sims were always th emost underwhelming and fairly boring occult compared in previous games, but here there's really no gameplay to them.

I disagree that they were underwhelming. I always liked playing as them. They weren't as good as the main 4, witches werewolves fairies and vampires, but were on par with genies and aliens, and totally beat out mermaids, servos, etc.

In the sims 2 they are on par with every state besides witches.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Actually they should even not be considered as "PlantSims" or occults. I don't think the game recognize and threats them as an occult but just hidden buff. They don't even have the Occult Plumbob.