Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Golden Age Of Hollywood Fashion

I loved Marilyn Monroe's style and Eartha Kitt's personality and her poise. It would be fun to have an actual vintage clothing of Marilyn, Aretha Franklin (gorgeous), Josephine Baker (love her hair), Dorothy Dandridge (striking beauty), Audrey Hepburn, and Elizabeth Taylor. Not many know a lot of the names mentioned and I had to look up names honestly, but they are BEAUTIFUL.

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I like the beautiful styles of:
    Audrey Hepburn
    Judy Garland
    Maureen O'Hara
  • Options
    morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    @SERVERFRA well there ya go! They had a great sense of style.
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    Can we throw in some stuff from the likes of Humphrey Bogart, James Cagney, Gregory Peck, Fred Astaire, Louie Armstrong, Sammie Davis Jr, Dean Martin, and Frank Sinatra for the guys too? (And just for my own amusement, Don Rickles!) PLEASE??

Also... don't forget to include Lauren Bacall, Ingrid Bergman, Marlene Dietrich, Ginger Rogers, Billie Holiday, and Nina Simone
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    @ghamrick75 I was actually just going off of the people I knew and wanted to look up for other women too. I was in the process of making a Marilyn Monroe impersonation or inspired by her, or even Clark Gable. I always thought Clark Gable was handsome.
  • Options
    @morganlefaye
    Ah ok. I started brainstorming a "Golden Age of Hollywood fashion kit" when I read your post. And I like a lot of older films. Had to include a few musicians because... just because.

As for Clark Gable, he completely slipped my mind when I was rattling off names. I do agree with you though. I need to rewatch "It Happened One Night" one of these days. (Seen "Gone with the Wind" TOO. MANY. TIMES.)
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    @ghamrick75 I watched "Gone With The Wind" with my grandma and we ended up watching a lot of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 movies. I completely forgot about Frank Sinatra, I was mainly thinking of the women in Hollywood's golden age. I was trying to make a Marilyn like I said ended up thinking about the actresses and female singers. Sinatra would be such a cool thing. I don't remember why I liked Clark Gable, but I just do.
  • Options
    Alfred Hitch movies. I don't understand why it blocked it out, just because it has a word in his last name. (eye roll).
  • Options
    @ghamrick75 I watched "Gone With The Wind" with my grandma and we ended up watching a lot of Alfred's movies. I completely forgot about Frank Sinatra, I was mainly thinking of the women in Hollywood's golden age. I was trying to make a Marilyn like I said ended up thinking about the actresses and female singers. Sinatra would be such a cool thing. I don't remember why I liked Clark Gable, but I just do.

We watched "Gone with the Wind" yearly in elementary and middle school during history class. (Think we did during high school some too.) That isn't including the times I watched with with grandparents. As for Gable, probably similar reasons that a lot women of his era liked him a lot. Eh, though I could be wrong. :smile: :

It's funny that Alfred H's last name is blocked out that like. I liked several of his films. :smile:

• Options
    @ghamrick75 exactly it's funny his name is blocked. I wish the get famous pack had golden era hollywood outfits and stuff.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Has anyone noticed that there's a simish picture version of Marilyn Monroe, Bette Davis & Audrey Hepburn in Vintage Glamour?
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that there's a simish picture version of Marilyn Monroe, Bette Davis & Audrey Hepburn in Vintage Glamour?

Yep. And have used them a few time in builds.

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2021
    Isn’t that what the Vintage Glamour pack tried to emulate?
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I have created a number of Sims to resemble like they're from the 30s and 40s in terms of hairstyle and attire but you can only go so far. More hairstyles from that time would be nice.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Katherine Hepburn Joan Crawford I would love their styles Dean Martin, Marlon Brando, Rock Hudson.
  • Options
    SimsirellaSimsirella Posts: 11 New Member
    Get to Fame could have better hair options for to the glamourous Hollywood style but especially the one Judith Ward has is funny and the others are not good enough