Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caleb Vatore Theory

morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
So it's the first time I'm playing with the Vatore Siblings and I'm beginning to think Caleb doesn't want to be a vampire. It was just in his inventory randomly.

Comments

• Options
    inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    I've played with Caleb, the Vatore's, for ages. Actually can't remember where his sister went. Noticed too, he is really trying to be, if nothing else, a 'good' Vampire. He hasn't aged in my game [immortal] and has had a serious makeover. Renamed him Cosmos instead of Caleb.

In game play I've let him have relationships, kids and have grown quite attached to his character. I basically have to force him to do anything Vampire like. In comparison to Vlad who reeks havoc.
  • Options
    inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    Only Vampire thing he ever does is that fast run
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Been a while since I played Sims4, been doing Sims3, but doesn't Caleb come with the "good vampire" aspiration and the "guilty drinker" weakness? which would mean he's built as a sort of reluctant/apologetic vampire, who would prefer plasma fruit. I think he's modeled after the twlight-style teen heart-throb emo vampire who's oh-so-pwecious. But I had great times with him, and with turning the Villareal brothers into vampires. They made fantastic vampires, one of them evil, one of them just...vengeful.

It's too bad the Sims4 has so little heart and depth compared to earlier Sims games because the storytelling potential is so good with Caleb, and a lot of other characters. But it loses its savor when they are like electronic toys that make all the same sounds and movements based on all the same inputs, rather than actual robotics/AI that learns, changes, remembers, reacts.

If they could take Sims4 and reinstate the depth so that every Sim wasn't basically the same but with different skins, it would be terrific.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    MintMango13MintMango13 Posts: 7 New Member
    From what I understand he and his sister were not turned by choice and so I feel like they both now just try to live quiet, discreet lives. Although in my current save file I have not played as Caleb at all, yet he still decided to go and get himself a part-time job so I'm kinda proud of him for that.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    From what I understand he and his sister were not turned by choice and so I feel like they both now just try to live quiet, discreet lives. Although in my current save file I have not played as Caleb at all, yet he still decided to go and get himself a part-time job so I'm kinda proud of him for that.

Did this happen without mods affecting autonomy? If so, that's outstanding! And makes me want to open up sims4 again and see if they now will do things of their own initiative like that. Very good news if they do!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg