Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Just two completely random comments:

I made a floral shop in Windenburg to sell scented flower arrangements. I have my Sims shop there just to buy a new centerpiece for the dining table to represent every season. It's a good money sink since the arrangements can be expensive.

I bring my pets to the vet even when they aren't sick and pretend I'm taking them to a yearly check-up. Vets will give them a preventative shot to protect them from sicknesses if they aren't sick.
  • Options
    ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    Alrighty, so i'm going through to see what recipes need learned, I wrote down City Living Recipes, Batuu Recipes, Experimental Food Recipes, and Selvadoradian Recipes, and I know there is random ones you get with skill level (wellness and vampire lore), is there anymore that i've missed?
    Thank you.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »
    Alrighty, so i'm going through to see what recipes need learned, I wrote down City Living Recipes, Batuu Recipes, Experimental Food Recipes, and Selvadoradian Recipes, and I know there is random ones you get with skill level (wellness and vampire lore), is there anymore that i've missed?
    Thank you.

Cats & Dogs has a few learnable food stall recipes. It's been awhile, but I think that the Haddock Sandwich, Lobster Roll, Popcorn Shrimp & Seafood Chowder are all learnable.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if there is limited romantic gameplay added.

Why would it be limited?

Because I believe EA/ Sims 4 has a rather solid history of under-delivering game play.
    And because I am sardonic.

I think I know what you meant now. Basically "not very in-depth". I guess I've been spoiled with "romance" mods. Come to think of it, going back to just 'vanilla' kinda makes me shudder!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Question: Is there a way to record short videos in-game with Sims that can later be played back in-game on a TV, computer, cinema screen, etc?
    (Kind of like taking photos in game.)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Why is this a sad moodlet?

sad.png

Raj Rasoya is listening to his daughter's track that she mixed on the music station. It's Outstanding. He completely adores her. Why sad?

• Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member

sad.png

Raj Rasoya is listening to his daughter's track that she mixed on the music station. It's Outstanding. He completely adores her. Why sad?

I've seen that before. I think it's a bug.

Though, you could pretend that the music is so beautiful that it brought him to tears.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

sad.png

The game pulls a random moodlet for any track a sim happens to hear. Unfortunately, they almost never match the circumstances at the time, at least in my experiences.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I though it might be a good idea to have a thread for those occasions when we want to comment on something game related or ask a question without having to start a new thread. Or those comments and questions that don't really fit into an existing thread. Also for new members who are unable to start a discussion.

It's a great idea in theory. But in practice, one person's question may get overlooked or someone needing info about a certain thing might have to scroll through page after page after page before finding (if not missing) what they're looking for.

For that matter, that's exactly what the forums are for; to ask random questions about the game and get feedback. The difference is that the thread that they create remains dedicated (for the most part) to their topic instead of multiple topics.

That's my opinion on it. Thanks for posting the idea though. It's a good one to discuss.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

sad.png

I don't find this to be an unrealistic response. Sometimes, my daughter will do something artistic, surprising, or unexpectedly beautiful. When it is something beyond what I expected, I will be struck by how much she has grown as a person. This realization usually leads to memories of her when she was younger. Then I get melancholy because she is all grown up now, and time has passed so quickly. If this happened in my game, I wouldn't think it was a bug. I would just think it was normal. Funny how life experience colors the interpretation of this event.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Some of my most favorite songs are the ones that invoke powerful feelings of melancholy. Just mho that it does take a true musical genius to evoke that kind of emotion from listeners just through the music.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    We can't pre-order Game Packs, right :grey_question: It's been a while so I don't remember but I'm also not seeing the option. My EA Play free 3-month trial is about to expire today so I wanted to use the small discount. Bummer! Only a few days until release too.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    We can't pre-order Game Packs, right :grey_question: It's been a while so I don't remember but I'm also not seeing the option. My EA Play free 3-month trial is about to expire today so I wanted to use the small discount. Bummer! Only a few days until release too.

Yah, no option for preorder on Game Packs, unfortunately.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member

I don't find this to be an unrealistic response. Sometimes, my daughter will do something artistic, surprising, or unexpectedly beautiful. When it is something beyond what I expected, I will be struck by how much she has grown as a person. This realization usually leads to memories of her when she was younger. Then I get melancholy because she is all grown up now, and time has passed so quickly. If this happened in my game, I wouldn't think it was a bug. I would just think it was normal. Funny how life experience colors the interpretation of this event.

As a father whose daughter is still not all grown up, I can completely relate to this emotion. It's a poignant happiness, or a pleasant sadness. However I describe it, it's an amazing feeling, and I can understand how the game can't capture it perfectly with the moodlet choices it has.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    AlexLeeAlexLee Posts: 16 Member
    This thread is a good place. I am a new member, unable to start a new thread yet. Happy to post my questions here.

Not sure anyone seeing this issue before:
    I have a large family tree, someday I suddenly find some of the sims were gone, as not appears in the family tree any more. Is that because the number of sims out of limit and the system delete them? Or some issues caused by MCCC? It is kind frustrating that I am trying to build a story but some people are not there :(
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    AlexLee wrote: »
    some of the sims were gone, as not appears in the family tree any more.

Are they still in your game anywhere? Are those ancestor sims that are long dead or are they living townie sims or members of some household somewhere?

If they're 'out there as townies' then MCCC can cull them out of existence unless you set a flag on each of them to never be culled (under sim flags in MCCC).

If they're long dead then I'm not sure as I don't play multi-generational but I imagine the game can only track so far. I've managed to avoid this by having a 'homeless' household full of ghosts - all flagged by MCCC to not be culled. But I don't play multi-generationally so these were all created and then manually killed just to give one active sim an ancestry...

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    AlexLee wrote: »
    Not sure anyone seeing this issue before:
    I have a large family tree, someday I suddenly find some of the sims were gone, as not appears in the family tree any more. Is that because the number of sims out of limit and the system delete them? Or some issues caused by MCCC? It is kind frustrating that I am trying to build a story but some people are not there :(

Sims that are not in protected (My) households can be culled unless you use MCCC to change your culling settings or to flag them for not culling.

Dead Sims (Ghosts) are no longer considered as being in a household at all (more accurately, they are in a hidden ghost household), so by default they are not protected even if they were originally in one of your households, unless you take measures to protect them. You can either add the ghost to a household and make sure that household is one which you are protecting, or you can use the flags in MCCC to flag the ghost to protect it from culling.

Depending on your MCCC settings, it can also move around Sims between households as well, which could potentially lead to a Sim moving from a protected household to an unprotected one. I recommend if you use MCCC that you also use the Sim Flags to set any sims (whether alive or dead) which you don't want culled to be protected from culling, just to be safe.

Here's a thread with a lot more information on culling which may be of help.
  • Options
    KriseldaKriselda Posts: 25 Member
    This might be a weird question, but is there any way - either through the game or via a mod - to use the Vampire game pack without, you know, having any vampires in the game as either PCs or NPCs? The stuff for CAS and Build Mode that come with the pack are GORGEOUS! But I ***loathe*** vampires in general. I know they're the point of the pack, but I really just want the stuff and the world.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Kriselda wrote: »
    This might be a weird question, but is there any way - either through the game or via a mod - to use the Vampire game pack without, you know, having any vampires in the game as either PCs or NPCs? The stuff for CAS and Build Mode that come with the pack are GORGEOUS! But I ***loathe*** vampires in general. I know they're the point of the pack, but I really just want the stuff and the world.

If you don't pursue the vampire lore skill with any sims, don't use the Vampire lot traits and don't play a vampire, they are very, very unobtrusive in the pack. My game has only 5 vampires, out of a total of over 800 sims and I almost never see them. The last time I saw a Vampire was at a karaoke bar, and the only reason I know he was a vampire is because it was Caleb Vatore (one of the premade vampire families in the new world)...he didn't even do any vampy stuff.

Older games in the franchise had issues with Vampires 'taking over' after you installed the pack that added them (especially TS2), but that's not a problem in TS4.
    There are also mods that completely disable them if you want. But, imho, they aren't needed. And I'm saying that as someone who used a mod to rein them in for TS2 and checked the box to turn them off (most of the time) in TS3.

I imagine if you delete the vampire premades, and don't play a vampire, don't use the vampire lot traits, and don't research the vampire lore skill with any sims, you may be able to end up with a game that has no vampires at all even with the pack installed.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Hi @Kriselda welcome to the forum. :smile: Not sure about this, but I know one of my nieces had to uninstall the pack because she loathes them too and can't stand the sight of them in her game lol. Maybe you could try to find Maxis match of the objects on CC websites so you might be able to get similar objects as CC. Or you could try the suggestions above. I'm not sure if Vlad might still show up once in a while at your place. I know he makes my niece's skin crawl and she hates the vampires intensely. I guess it depends how much you can tolerate.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Random thought for the day:

I think the next clothing kit pack the devs create for us should be:

"My Boring, Non-Trendy, Wash and Wear Wardrobe Stories"

--- Sul sul Simmers! Worried about what to wear today? Tired of always having to dress to impress? No plans to hang out at a runway fashion show, or the latest trendy watering hole, or Judith Ward's weekend dinner party? Well have no fear! Our new boring and brandless CAS kit will give your simmies the perfect fashion faux pas wardrobe made to fit loosely, casually, and compliment all body types, guaranteed! ---

Just say "No" to twitter trends.

And just say "Yes" to ordinary folk who only need to cover their body enough so they can get on with their regular day-to-day washing dishes, painting the next Rembrandt, repairing a leaky faucet, fighting off a swarm of hornets, or chasing the munchkins around the house.... without having to worry about something accidentally falling out should they need to reach for that last bottle of Dr. Parker’s Spider Repellent in the back of the cupboard.

:|
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited February 2022
    @AncientMuse They could call it My Normcore Closet. :lol: Edit to add: That way they could have trendy in the name while the items are... normal.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    Deleted my tray folder. 900 files.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @VeeDub I like "My Normcore Closet" very much, here's hoping it gets used
    Then I get melancholy because she is all grown up now, and time has passed so quickly.

@Monet11 @MoonlightGraham Oh dear... now I'm melancholy too
    (minisprite is about to be 14)

(that was a very good observation though thank you for pointing it out)
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Then I get melancholy because she is all grown up now, and time has passed so quickly.

@Monet11 @MoonlightGraham Oh dear... now I'm melancholy too
    (minisprite is about to be 14)

(that was a very good observation though thank you for pointing it out)

@mightysprite Z will turn 13 soon, so we're just about in the same place. If Z were a Sim, she would be aging up to Teen. In fact, that's what she's doing, even though she is not a Sim.

I doubt she'll suddenly reach her adult height, however. :smile:

Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top