Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS discussion: How to make better:

instantmagicinstantmagic Posts: 36 Member
edited May 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
A button to stop the animations in CAS. i.e. Vampires, Spellcasters, Mermaids etc... I know you can type in casclockspeed 0, but I think a one button push in CAS would be helpful. Spellcaster Children doing this animation in CAS is confusing since they cannot use magic yet. For this same reason the children of spellcasters and vampires always being born with glowing eyes, is sort of upsetting to me since, as I mentioned they cannot use their powers until they are teenagers. Also, in an unrelated topic: Why oh why does the game produce NPC's to infinity? I make my own townies and put them in a fresh game save before I start but the game keeps producing NPC's that are not needed and the game will not use my created homeless townies or assign jobs to them it makes new NPC townies! Which I have to stop playing and go delete the new townies VERY tedious. 99% of the time EA produced new townies have the Klepto Trait, Evil Trait, and Hates Children. One more thing: Why should any builders out there have to stop and enter a 'cheat' to build on the GTW lots and other NPC homes lots? If an NPC has a infant, the cradles that appear very often block the sides of the bed so the npc's cannot sleep. Lastly, Thanks for listening! The Sims 4 is the only game I play and I always look forward to new packs and hopefully new changes that makes things easier on the player to make S4 more real and satisfying.
Post edited by EA_Neil on

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would love more sliders and toggles. I am hoping the makeup opacity slider works for CAS and build/buy.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Number one thing I want is the ability to save CAS outfits. After 7 years of packs, 5 slots per category per Sim is not enough. It takes way to long to do my detailed looks on the fly so I slowly tweak them on my favorite Sims and then never mess with the outfits during play. Plus I want outfit presets for quick Sim creation.

This is the most obvious for CAS itself, but if I could get a color wheel and better personality traits I would love it. I know we are getting more hair colors, but I want eye colors, too. What if I want to go straight anime colors one day?
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited May 2021
    A few ideas :

- Being able to save CAS outfits
    - Being able to have the same makeup for every outfits of a sim
    - Update the « Cold Weather » category so sims take off their coats and hats inside.
    - Update all basegame hairs so they fit the new updated ones quality wise.
    - Being able to add bangs or baby hairs to any hairstyle or remove them.
    - Make a separate clothe layer for jackets so we can put them on top of any dress, top etc
    - Add a lot more traits and trait slots
    - Hair accessories (scrunchies, headbands....)
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I think that overall, CAS is pretty impressive as it is. The only thing I would add is the ability to keep the same makeup (and glasses) for every outfit. When I'm designing a female Sim, it's a real pain to have to add the same makeup to every outfit, it's quite time consuming
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    It would be nice to have something to freeze a sim in place, and the ability to find out the file location of any custom content.

I would also love it if CAS made it much much much more clear what item(s) were currently selected. Maybe a red border around them and move them to the top of the list.

And some sorting options. Let me sort by name, by EP (which would also sort CC by creator name)... And some ability to filter out things by those same two elements.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    In addition to the things already mentioned, I'd say:
    - the ability to filter hair by type (straight/wavy/curly) and/or length
    - more relationship options (grandparent/grandchild, aunt/uncle, niece/nephew, cousin, boyfriend/girlfriend, fiancé. And maybe even a divorced/broken up option and then split the household in manage worlds, or not if you're in for an awkward/dramatic situation)
    - more tattoos with more freedom to place them
    - genetic skin details instead of having to cheat and re-add them after aging up. And in general, more skin details, including body skin details
    - placement and size sliders for the face piercings, I've had them sit above the eyebrows or next to the nose... and how about body piercings?
    - more ear presets

And the obvious ones:
    - body hair
    - more focus on items appropriate for sims other than female young adults/teens
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Random aspiration button. I need it so bad.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Face recognition for automatically created self sims.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    There are exceptions, but at least from what I noticed in my game is that the game tries to generate outdoorsy sims and also to balance the population, if you don't have enough elders it will generate elders, if you don't have enough vampires it will generate enough vampires (enough by the code standard, not yours). So that's why making your own townies sometimes makes no difference. It also seems to not assign jobs to whatever townie there is, there are some parameters that it follows and it often will generate townies to fit those. I have not figured out why sometimes it it so into creating males who are very much into squats and completely avoid upper body workouts, tho

What I would like to have in CAS :

- Ability to apply make up to all outfits if I wish so, often I use the same one for all and it's very boring to go through all the outfits to apply to each one.
    - Scarfs as accessories and gloves/mittens.
    - No more hats that make sims look bald (since i guess it's too difficult to add hair for those hats which would be ideal). I think we have more than enough of those and to me they are just clutter.
    - Have more in depth family tree
    - Ability to hide certain outfits that I know I will never use. (and reveal of course).
    - Item wise, more covered up clothes, not necessary in conservative or religious sense, but some variation to the cleavage out, belly out form fitting outfits that are abundant in CAS. Also layered outfits, since we can't do it ourselves, would be great. More high waist pants and skirts. More coats for females. Generally more variety in shape, form, length, textile for everything. There are a lot of clothes in CAS at this point if you have all the packs, but most of them are one of the same. Clothes inspired form different decades too/historical outfits.
    - More sunglasses, there is finally a good variety in glasses, but not sunglasses. More different swimming suits, full body especially but bikini too. More modern heels, currently there is only one in the game and that's from moschino pack.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    I'd just be happy if they added all the stuff I now have to download CC for: body hair for males AND females, eye bags, dimples, a greater variety of moles and freckles, C-section scars, stretch marks, cellulite, birthmarks, better looking acne and scars and more scars including body scars...
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    -ability to copy/paste makeup onto every outfit so you don’t have to pick everything individually for each outfit
    -the ability to create and save our own styled looks and maybe even upload them to the gallery
    -more relationships
    -more stuff for sims that aren’t young adult females
    -also the ability to apply glasses and piercings to every outfit, similar to the makeup thing. it’s annoying if i want my sim to have a nose piercing or something and it doesn’t apply to every outfit. same with glasses
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    The ability to save outfits (and much more than 5) in CAS and the ability to copy and paste certain things (makeup, accessories, etc) would make CAS less cumbersome to use.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I like CAS but there is still room for improvement.

- Makeup should work like hairstyles. They should be saved across outfit categories.
    - We should be able to save outfits.
    - I would like more layering. E.g. instead of having to choose a whole new outdoor outfit just put on a jacket, a scarf, some gloves and a beanie on top of everyday clothes and call it a day.
    - A homewear category. Who wears their street clothes at home?
    - Smarter sims, e.g. taking off (or putting in inventory) sunglasses and handbags when they‘re at home or at the home of someone else. Similiar to how umbrellas work.
    - Pin favorite items to the top.
    - A „take off everything“ button so we don‘t have to remove all make up, clothes and accessories manually before styling our sims.
    - Deleting CC in CAS. I know this one is a bit problematic because EA officially doesn‘t support mods but we‘re able to delete lots that we got from third party sites within the game so why not CC?
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Great suggestions! I would also like to have a cas option to easily adjust workplace outfits without cheats and to to have an in-built selector for party/formal clothes that is dependent on the style of the event. e.g. Long fancy dresses for fancy black and white parties and weddings.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I would like to add one thing: ability to set a natural hair color. E.g. my sim is a natural redhead but likes to dye her hair pink, blue and green. I want her natural red hair to be passed down to her children, not her pink hair dye.
  • Options
    MDianaSims wrote: »

When I've opened these things up in something like Sims4Studio I see a lot of flags for things just like what you mention here. The game is already tracking all of this - so yeah, add me to the list of people who wish we could use it to sort and filter.

And I really liked your suggestions on skin details - though with some CC / Mods it would lead to odd results, better for me to have to cheat and fix the things that got in due to my choice of mods than to not have this at all.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    I would like to add one thing: ability to set a natural hair color. E.g. my sim is a natural redhead but likes to dye her hair pink, blue and green. I want her natural red hair to be passed down to her children, not her pink hair dye.

Yeah it's a bit too anime that all the wild hair colors seem to be genetic. Makes me wonder if they need to do a 'crossover EP' with the folks in Japan behind 'Macross'. ;)
  • Options
    Clancy57677Clancy57677 Posts: 10 New Member
    ok, i'm going to say this because somebody needs to, THE SIMS 4 NEEDS MORE EYEBROWS!!! Nobody talks about this but i feel like it needs to be said, the eyebrows that we have aren't bushy enough, i need some like the 21 year celebration ones
  • Options
    Clancy57677Clancy57677 Posts: 10 New Member
    I also think that you should set a look factor for more story telling, not outfit and hair factors but a achual bar that you could set to show how atractive other sims find your sim, this would also be passed down to other generations, this would affect sucsess with romantic interactions why talking to someone less atractive but harder for sims who are more atractive. This would add to storytelling. You could also have crushes, a sim could tell you who they found attractive on a lot, this would make it easier to choose potential partners.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

How would a length filter operate differently to the current length subcategories (short, long, updo etc)?

Personally I'd really love the ability to multi-layer skin details. Only being able to put on one detail per slot is annoying, especially if you use CC and you want to use multiple pieces of CC that use the same slot. And the skin details should get the same opacity/brightness sliders that the make-up have.

• Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I want to be able to create my own "styled looks."
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    The townie spawns and the building editing doesn't bother me too much. I don't mind entering in the cheat, since I personally don't feel the need to do it very often. The townies come in handy for me, since I have a wide range of Sims in need of pairing all the time.

As for the CAS idle, that has irritated me for years. It's annoying when trying to edit them and they just start bouncing around. I've got a mod to keep them still now, but I agree that a simple click in CAS to make them freeze would be great.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member

This is in CAS.
    daWhmDf.png
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited May 2021
    Jyotai wrote: »
    It would be nice to have something to freeze a sim in place, and the ability to find out the file location of any custom content.

I would also love it if CAS made it much much much more clear what item(s) were currently selected. Maybe a red border around them and move them to the top of the list.

And some sorting options. Let me sort by name, by EP (which would also sort CC by creator name)... And some ability to filter out things by those same two elements.

I don't know if this is useful or not but there's the "cas. clockspeed 0" cheat that stops your sim from moving. I use it when making vampires since they don't know how to stand still apparently :lol:
    he/him
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    What others already said:
    - something to stop animations for occults
    - eye colors, more hair colors
    - same makeup for every outfit
    - different colors for hair detalis
    - easier way to see what item is selected
    - more relationship options
    - body hair
    - more sunglasses