Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else doing bands? Any tips?

I recently started playing with the musician (non) career, making a band with it's own "Club" for music writing and concerting. I also have them busk at the same time in public locations, and have a concert venue for bigger "gigs". They are, of course making use of the fame system from GF. They mostly make money from licensing songs (using a mod currently to bypass the one-week limit), a bit from busking or re-mixing.

Have you done bands before, and do you have any ideas/tips? What game mechanics helps you to play a band-like career?

Also, it would be amazing, if we get a proper selection of instruments and skills, and ability to form bands as a EP/GP. What would you like to see in such pack?

dlNXupW.png
simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    The art center lot type could be used as a rehearsing place. They skill faster there. They could sell pictures of themselves for extra money.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I never did a full band, but my famous jazz singer do both practice and perform with a pianist. She normally drags in a good audience, but it's a rather small club venue that gets packed with 10 guests :) There is a bar on the lot, and I think the lot is tagged Bar, too, there is always a crowd and even if they wander a bit over to the bar (in another building, but would probably work better if in the same club), they stop long enogh to cheer and tip. I think it's so fun listening to how the singer and the pianist actually performing different songs, sound together. To my surprise there are some combinations that sounds real cool :)

They normally earn tips, but not enough to talk about, really. And with a full band there would be even more heads to share the money with. I cheat some money whenever I think it's suited, my jazz singer is a 4 stars celeb, after all :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I haven't tried in ts4, I used to do that all the time in ts2. Does the sims in 4 play together like in 2? I haven't tried, I don't want to be disappointed.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8