Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, one of my townies turns into a ghost to sell me goods in the Magic Realm

The last few days I noticed something very weird. Now, I do not know if it's meant to happen, or if it happened before, but this is kind of annoying me?
There is this one specific townie I see EVERYWHERE. Paka'a Uha. He has now decided to become a ghost in his spare time, and be a ghost vendor in the Magic Realm, only to turn back into a human whenever I leave. What is going on??
Was this ever meant to happen?

It isn't a really big deal, but can the game truly not generate enough townies to not re-use the same ones everywhere? Also, isn't he supposed to be a mermaid...?

Comments

• Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    The vendors in the Magic Realm aren't ghosts. They are astral projections of the vendors. I also wish that the same four vendors weren't used everywhere.
  • Options
    marissimmarissim Posts: 55 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    The vendors in the Magic Realm aren't ghosts. They are astral projections of the vendors. I also wish that the same four vendors weren't used everywhere.

Fair enough. I just call them ghosts since they look practically identical.
    It is kinda weird though how the game uses this one specific townie as a vendor in the Magic Realm, in Brindleton Bay, San Myshuno and so on. I wish it made more sense and picked a Spellcaster, because while Mermaids are Occult Sims, I don't exactly see their connection there.
    I can believe a witch being an Astral projection, anything else? Not so much. Kinda ruins it. ):
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I agree.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    edited May 2021
    Especially weird, considering Paka'a Uha is a Merman.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yeah, Paka'a is always slated as a stall vendor, it's the same for Caleb or Lillith (if they don't get employed at a restaurant). It just seems there's a program running that always employes the same sims to the same/similar jobs no matter what save you're playing. I mean, I'm not complaining too much, I've had my sims meet their spouses that way so many times XD. My Global Superstar sims fell in love with Paka'a that way at the Romance Festival that way so no complaints. XD

Anyway, I feel it's better to have already pre-existing NPC's fill those job rolls rather than the game constantly creating homeless townies to fill the roles instead.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Anyway, I feel it's better to have already pre-existing NPC's fill those job rolls rather than the game constantly creating homeless townies to fill the roles instead.

I also like it the way it is - even though I actually have more than 4 different stall vendors in my game. But I wouln't mind having only 4 of them.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    I truly wouldn't mind if they made sense though. Say if an NPC is a vendor in San Myshuno, I think the game should pick a different one for another map instead of letting me see the same Sim everywhere I go. I understand that one day he could be selling food, and the day after beverages, but I don't really want to see him bounce between maps and never roll in another Sim.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I've had the Caliente sisters show up as vendors all over the place, including the magic realm. Don L. is a regular for vendor & restaurant jobs but not the realm yet. Vlad seems the go-to for bar tender. In TS 2 there are specific townies for vendor jobs, and that's all they do, not being part of the random everywhere you go townie population.
  • Options
    I think it's weird and truly breaks the flow of the game. Of course I love townies getting their own jobs (I have a save with some Sims made by me, and they seem to be getting jobs after a while!), but some are eccessive. ): Especially in magical areas, considering that everyone seems to randomly end up in the Magic Realm & become a Spellcaster, the game has a pretty big amount of Sims to choose for the job. But no, the one townie that has never even been there. I'd appreciate it more if it would work like in TS2.