Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are the homework books?

Where can i find/buy homework books? My sims are in high school but don't have homework books. I've searched in the bookstore and in bb and can't find it...

Comments

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    There aren't any homework books, unless you're referring to the ones they sometimes get assigned to read for school. Those are only generated by the game for those opportunities.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    There aren't any homework books, unless you're referring to the ones they sometimes get assigned to read for school. Those are only generated by the game for those opportunities.

Ohhh, thank you for letting me know @IreneSwift ... so how do they do homework? Cause it's showing as a sad/angry face in the school panel...
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    After a sim completes their first day of school, they are supposed to be provided with homework in their personal inventory. Click on that to do homework or you could use the Do Homework tone while they are at school the next day -- that's not ideal if they end up spending the entire school day to finish it as they won't be progressing scholastically during that time. It's more helpful to do at school when a sim's hidden homework skill advances far enough (takes some time for this to happen) so that they can polish it all off in a sim hour or two.

If they never got the homework object in their personal inventory, then of course that's a problem. If not averse to using mods, an NRaas DebugEnabler object reset on the sim should fix that immediately.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    thanks @igazor It doesn't show in any of my sims inventory . I'll download the DebugEnabler mod. I'm already using some nraas mods :)
  • Options
    @igazor can i ask you something different? :blush: I have celebrities disabled in my save and my household is also opting out of fame. But one of my sims have rolled the star quality trait. He's rolling some celebrity related wishes like meet a celebrity or go to a hot spot. How can i have a sim complete those kind of wishes but don't engage in celebrity livestyle like receiving presents... or isn't this posible, i must decide all celebrity system or no celebrity system?
  • Options
    If you have NRaas MasterController (and even better, StoryProgression), it's not all or nothing. What celebrities disabled in the built-in Game Options does is freeze everything related to celeb levels and scores right where they are, I think, but not zero it all out.

If you aren't interested in playing for celeb points at all though, wouldn't it be easier to just dismiss the wishes and use MC or Edit in CAS to give your sim what might be a better trait?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Yes, i'll dismiss the wishes and use testingcheats to edit the trait in cas... i miss some things that came with the celebrity system, like the director career and meeting a random celebrity once in a while, but what i don't like are the presents. If i could get rid of the presents i'ld be ok with the rest...
  • Options
    I use a mod by Shimrod at The Sims Asylum to stop the random gifts in the mail, and then took the extra step by way of NRaas Retuner to make the chances of a celebrity discount or freebie at a store so low that it almost never happens now.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Homework can also be done using the multi-tab digital tablet.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    mw1525 wrote: »
    Homework can also be done using the multi-tab digital tablet.
    It can, but I believe the sim must still have the homework object (that looks like a book) in their inventory or else they can't make any progress on it by any means.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Really? I didn't know that. Thanks. I always sit my Sim's homework (blue notebook) on their desk if they are going to use the tablet. Maybe because they are honor roll students (prolonged A's) is why I haven't seen a decline in their performance. However, I do switch between the two (tablet & book), depending on how their day goes.
  • Options
    Oh right...I stand corrected. What I should have said is that the homework object needs to exist. It doesn't have to stay in the sim's personal inventory the entire time, sitting out on a desk is fine too. I've played a couple of sims where I do NOT want them to ever do homework because they are total academic washouts, rebellious kids you know, and find in that instance that it's best to lock their homework in the basement where they can't sneak around behind me and suddenly start doing it. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Hi @igazor I have been looking for the Shimrod mod to stop the celebrity random gifts in the mail that you talked me about, but i can't find it anywhere... would you mind to share the link? Thank you so much.
  • Options
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Hi @igazor I have been looking for the Shimrod mod to stop the celebrity random gifts in the mail that you talked me about, but i can't find it anywhere... would you mind to share the link? Thank you so much.
    It's hosted at The Naughty Sims Asylum. I can't really link to the mod itself since internal links only work when you are logged in on an account over there, but he and his mods are listed under retired TS3 developers.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!