Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quit scrapping already finished paintings!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    It's never happened to me. I think I have to remember not to buy an easel for my perfectionist Sims from now on.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    This just started happening with my perfectionist sim as well. It was alarming at first because I thought it was a bug, too. But now I just queue up something else for him to do after he paints and it’s all good.
  • Options
    justcheriejustcherie Posts: 3 New Member
    I have one sim who does that all the time. It’s so annoying. Another one of mine is at the top of the painting career and never did it once. I don’t want to have to watch her constantly while she paints. I’ve wondered if it might have something to do with her perfectionist trait 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    justcheriejustcherie Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="justcherie;c-18005852"]I’ve wondered if it might have something to do with her perfectionist trait 🤷🏻‍♀️[/quote]
    I just read the comments that also mentioned the perfectionist trait. I might have to change it but generally I don’t like to mess with pre-made Sims personalities.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    A perfectionist Sim painter. That is hilarious. I'm going to have to test this out later. I'm always picking the bookworm and getting mad that they won't put the books back on the shelves... I had no idea that was a trait effect! Okay, I will let them keep their books and carry them around lol. I wish there was a list with all the trait quirks like that. Knowing about it makes me appreciate the trait more because I want my Sims to act like their traits.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    The perfectionist sims also craft items of higher quality more often than other sims. Taking longer than other sims and occasionally scrapping an item balances it out.

• Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Ah, I have a sim who did the same thing. I'm glad to know why, and I'll leave her to it. :) I like that little touch for perfectionists!
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I wouldn't mind if for perfectionist as much if they didn't scrap paintings of excellent quality along with less quality ones (I know they were excellent because they fulfilled the "make something of excellent quality" whim), but will sometime leave normal or less quality ones on the easel, depending on their mood or whatever. I think it should be that they ONLY auto-scrap poor quality paintings--then maybe I wouldn't mind so much and it would feel more like a personality quirk than a bug.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited November 2021
    Lazzial wrote: »
    Has any checked to see if it has been reported?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Honestly I think it's pointless. I mean I'm still experiencing bugs that have been around for years.

Me too…. I’ve been experiencing the plant reverting to a dirt pile bug for at least a couple of years, and that one annoys be so much I rarely get in the game now.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    Kornipoo wrote: »
    I have this glitch also. I like to just add a simple task right after she’s done painting and she just does the task which gives me time to sell the painting

It's a personality feature for perfectionist sims.

Actually, that does make sense…
  • Options
    j_nellyj_nelly Posts: 20 Member
    I need to watch out for my perfectionist sim scrapping her paintings then I was wondering where they would go and she'd be working on a new painting with the other one nowhere to be seen!