Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay, so did I just not know about the charisma party bonus?

I've done parties before, and gotten gold before. But now I notice that if I get gold, at the end, a social bubble pops up on all my guests and I gain like a full level of charisma. Four parties and I went from 6th to 10th. Which was nice, because I hate levelling charisma. But I'm guessing it was added lately because I don't see how I could have missed it all these years?

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I hate throwing parties so I never knew this either but it makes sense.

Charisma is one of the easiest skills to gain in general in my opinion. Just doing regular socializing gains charisma.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Charisma is one of the easiest skills to gain in general in my opinion. Just doing regular socializing gains charisma.

I don't know; I find regular socializing hardly does anything unless you use brighten day, compliment outfit, or flatter. Lower levels aren't too bad, but the last three are mind numbing in my game. But it probably depends on how you play your game.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    I've done parties before, and gotten gold before. But now I notice that if I get gold, at the end, a social bubble pops up on all my guests and I gain like a full level of charisma. Four parties and I went from 6th to 10th. Which was nice, because I hate levelling charisma. But I'm guessing it was added lately because I don't see how I could have missed it all these years?

I probably would have never known this, so far I've consistently baled out of an aspiration when I see a social event requirement.
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I usually end up talking into my mirror for extended periods of time when a higher charisma is required like a job promotion requirement.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Yeah, I don't usually do a lot of parties, and when I do, they aren't generally goaled. I just decided to try and get some golds out of boredom and discovered it. That, and I needed people to drink my buildup of seltzer.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Hey, cool!
    I wonder if the charisma skill book you get as a Bronze party reward is a hint?

• Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    WHat.

I always hated gaining charisma, businessims have to be level 10.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Wow that's great to know. I don't think I've had occasion to throw a party since the latest patch. I do have birthdays coming up, however. Aaron could really use more charisma. LOL It's hard because two of his siblings seem to have a Corner-Market on that trait. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »

Omg I didn't know this! I'm going to have to start throwing more parties now. I also am not a fan of leveling charisma as it takes so long when playing a single Sim just using a mirror. It's not as bad when you have another sim to socialize with but I play with mostly single sims. Thanks for this!