Fresh off the press - the May 11 Laundry List! Click here to find out more!
April 30 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Rank the aspirations!

LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 81 Member
edited April 18 in The Sims 2
Hi all,

Just for fun, rank your favorite to least favorite aspirations! Provide reasons if you feel compelled.

My personal ranking:
1. Romance - I love playing as romance sims because it's so chaotic and exciting. Granted, I don't play romance sims too often, but I always have a ton of fun and become quite attached to my sims with this aspiration because there's always tea. I do wish romance townies and premades were a little more rare though.

2. Knowledge and Family (Tie) - I usually end up playing a family, and having a very caring parent/grandparent figure is so endearing and I love watching them feel happy when their children move through the life milestones. It's definitely the cutest aspiration. Knowledge sims are cool just because they're so interesting. Unfortunately my male knowledge sims ALWAYS end up pregnant, but it's so funny watching them get excited by ghosts and aliens while all the other sims are going through a crisis over it lol

3. Pleasure - This would probably be my IRL aspiration. It's a bit shallow and the constant date wants are a little exhausting, but it's still fun.

4. Popularity - I never feel compelled to make my sims be popularity. It feels like a cycle of meeting sims, making friends, wanting more friends, so on and so on. I think it's the og "party animal" aspiration, but I usually opt for pleasure instead

Let me know your thoughts!

edit: I just realized I forgot fortune, which is strange because my favorite premade (Dina Caliente, the icon herself) is a fortune sim. I'd probably put it at 3 despite forgetting it!
Post edited by Logicallyironic on

Comments

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 807 Member
    I tend to be a real “happy families” type of player, so I don’t really create Romance Sims. Plus it can take a while for a Sim to get a romantic relationship going with one Sim let alone several! But I can see the appeal.
    My Sims are usually Family, Knowledge or Popularity.

I don’t know if I can really “rank” them as such! It’s always funny when a Family Sim rolls the “have 10 children” want because I just go “hahaha no, you WILL go insane”. I don’t think I’ve ever had a Sim get abducted and have an alien baby unless I’ve played with the Curious family, although I have sometimes used the Tombstone of Life and Death to make a Sim alien pregnant in that way.

I also pay more attention to the specific Lifetime Want rather than the overall aspiration. I can easily change the LTW too.
    Sims 3 Families: Fairy Friends, Jenningses, Delaunays
    Sims 4 Families: Fosters/Matsumotos/van Beerses, Harper-Joneses/Bridges, Mastersons

• LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 81 Member
    I don’t think I’ve ever had a Sim get abducted and have an alien baby unless I’ve played with the Curious family, although I have sometimes used the Tombstone of Life and Death to make a Sim alien pregnant in that way.

It's honestly my own fault. I almost always complete the reward tree for the aspiration, so my knowledge sims end up with Summon Aliens. I'm not sure if just this reward being added vastly increases the chance of abduction even when the sim is just stargazing, the spike in the likelihood of being abducted again after each time is just that powerful, or my luck is just weird. I used summon aliens ONCE, and if I hadn't intervened since then my sim would've had 4 alien babies by now instead of 2.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 3,247 Member
    Knowledge #1, romance is the cellar dweller, the others lumped in the middle.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,268 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

My favorite order...

1. Fortune. I love how hard they work and the one's I've played enjoy their families, too

2. I would say Pleasure. I like some slackers, too. They make great teens, imo.

My least is Family. They seem to be more about having the baby and then making friends then actually the family... Some are Really good family but not all Sims so I guess it's a lot to do with their personality.

My favorite combination is Fortune/Knowledge.
  • ecoterseyecotersey Posts: 1 New Member
    1. Knowledge - it's just ME, it's my fav-fav-fav aspiration that I give to my favourite Sims. I really like smart Sims, I guess.
    2. Pleasure - because it's a bit of a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ aspiration with very low rewards for Wants :D So because it's an underdog, I put it as second on my personal list, hahaha
    3. Popularity - because it's got good highly-rewarded Wants, like publishing a book or selling a masterpiece, so it's a good aspiration. Though
    4. Family-oriented - it just seems so dull to me... like, how many babies can you have? I don't want all my Sims to have like eight kids, because then I'd have to play with them all... that's how I play - I like to take care of every Sim in the world.
    5. Romantic - because it's wicked in my opinion haha
    6. Money - I don't like greediness...
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 361 Member
    1 Romance because it brings so much chaos and I like the wants that come with it
    2 Family because this changes a lot in the game with marriage and kids
    3 Fortune because you keep buying new items for you Sims and the house will look different
    4 Popularity I guess is okay
    5 Knowledge because it's kinda boring
    6 Pleasure I never use this aspiration

I like to keep some sort of balance in my game with the number of specific aspirations and when a child ages up I always look at the friends what their aspiration should me. For example no friends = knowledge or fortune, female child with male friends = romance, female child with 1 male friend is family etc.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 1,175 Member
    edited May 1
    Deleted because wrong thread. Sorry!
    Post edited by WhatCobblers on
    cZkInMO.png
    The ones I use the most are the Creative aspirations, such as Writer or Painter. I enjoy making Sims paint from reference and inventing books for my author Sims to write. I also like that sims can interview each other and write articles.
    Another near the top for me is the Chief of Mischief, though I mainly pick it for personality because I like making dastardly sims. 😁
    I use Knowledge, Friendship and the occult aspirations such as Spellcraft and Sorcery a fair bit too.
    Haven't really played through many of the others.

This is a thread about the Sims 2 aspirations.
    Sims 4 Families: Fosters/Matsumotos/van Beerses, Harper-Joneses/Bridges, Mastersons

• DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,219 Member
    Clearly Grilled Cheese is the best aspiration.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited May 9
    Well it has been a veery long time since i played sims 2

but i think this is how i unintendedly ranked the aspirations in ts2 cause its pretty much the order from most used to least used

1.Knowledge
    -occults and skill building just comes to me naturally so i often chose this aspiration as easy way for my sims to have platinum lives
    2. Family
    - now the occult loving family would still need to become big big family so this also suited that and i felt it quite easy to keep my sims happy
    3. Romance
    -but then i wanted drama and what is more drama than romance sims so yes those were the pick 3 usually combined with knowledge and family sims ;)
    (after this point honestly i probably didn't even ever play these aspirations cause no recollection)

5. Fortune
    - fine but also like nah cause id rather take the romance aspiration "marry a rich sim" route to wealth
    6. Popularity
    - I'm very much loner myself so it feels bit unnatural for me to go for this one
    7. Pleasure
    -forgot it exists

but in the end it would probably be more fun to flip the order and play things i have not played with now if I were to play ts2 again cause i mean dang i missed whole loads of things there :sweat_smile:
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,648 Member
    edited May 9
    1 Family - Most of the time my Sims have at least one child, some end up with more than eight!
    2 Knowledge - Who doesn't like to know stuff - especially basic cooking so you don't burn down the house?!
    3 Popularity - Having friends makes life more interesting, doesn't it?
    4 Fortune - You are born and you die. At least spend the time inbetween in a big nice house.
    5 Pleasure - Some Sims enjoy life that way as some people do. Not my personal choice, but good for university students.
    6 Romance - This is just for special Sims. Yes, I'm looking at you Don!
    7 Grilled Cheese - I tried it once.
    TeamFARMING! Please EA, we need a FARMING expansion for TS4!

List of my TS4 games:
    EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, SE
    GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, RoM
    SPs: LP, CK, SS, RG, KR, B, VG, BN, T, LD, M, TL, NK
    Kits: /
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 68 Member
    Family! I'm trying to fulfill tge 10 children eant with my current family! 👪
    I did have one family have ten kids. I think they were all conceived with the help of the Tombstone of Life and Death. I believe they were five sets of twins, with the first set being alien babies and I think one of the other sets was too. Literally all I remember about the family is that one of the first set of twins was called Billie. It was YEARS ago now.

• OugonmusouOugonmusou Posts: 33 Member
    My personal ranking for each Sims 2 aspirations:

1) Family - This is easily one of my favourite aspirations because my Sims 2 gameplay will solely revolve around forming families and their relationships with family members. Though I do spice it up a little with giving them either a Fortune/Knowledge sub that compliments them well based on personality.

2) Knowledge - Mostly because Knowledge sims remind me a bit of myself in real life because I love learning although they can get repetitive real quick and I don't really want to always fulfill skill related wants so I will likely add a sub aspiration to make their wants more varied.

3) Grilled Cheese - This aspiration is supposed to be a joke but I kinda like the charm of your Sims going bananas and losing their minds to focus on their love for Grilled Cheese. Although Grilled Cheese is a good sub aspiration to make for some funny Sims

4) Fortune - I'd rank this higher if they weren't so obsessed with buying stuff more than they even need. Like chill with the spending?

5) Popularity/Pleasure - These two aspirations are fun if you're playing with teenage sims but not ideal for later life stages but I do enjoy them nonetheless, I will most likely give them a sub aspiration to balance them more in terms of their wants and life goals

6) Romance - It's not that I hate them but all their wants seem to revolve around WooHoo which can be tedious for long gameplays but hey they're pretty fun to spice up neighborhoods with because of the drama they cause by just existing. I will definitely give them sub aspirations to round them out a bit more so they're not always DTF
    I am just a simple Sims 2 lore addict