Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Legacy spares moving out

When your spares move out, do you give them family money? Do you have a set amount or it depends on the situation?

I'm playing a legacy now (not the challenge) after a year or so playing in rotation, and i'm indecided in what to do about spares, concerning the household money. My family only has 4000 so it would be better to keep the money. But i feel it's unfair, cause the heir is already staying at the legacy house, so the sibblings should be allowed some money...

Comments

• Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    If you have city living, you could give the spares enough of the money to buy an apartment, until they can earn enough money on their own to move out to a house.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited April 2021
    I usually give anyone moving out of main played family half to all of the cash money depending on money situation at the moment so they can get comfortable home set up

(well unless family hates them then they get none and get to eat dirt in tent)
    (or if their spouse they move out with happens to also be extremely rich they probably do not need as much)

but that is because main heir usually gets the house and all objects in it and they usually have way or another to gain quick money from it

+ since we got vault with get famous i usually keep separate fund in one for any sim that I might want to move out later
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    I give them enough to buy the home of their dreams and decorate it. Even if that's most of what the legacy family has on hand at the moment. The legacy family will continue to earn income much more often than the "spares" since I don't play them very much after they move out. And the legacy family has the lot with the moneymaking garden B)
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I give 10% of the total household income to each person that moves out.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm sure it's a consequence of playing on long life, but I usually don't have an issue setting up spares in decent houses (sometimes I have to build them because MCCC has filled up all the suitable ones and I don't want to kick a family out.) with a reasonable amount of seed money.

Of course, I could just as easily send them out into the world without money (and will do so if it suits their story, but it usually doesn't) as once I move the spares out, I leave them to the mercies of MCCC and remove them from my played households.