Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bust the Dust disappointment

Overall I like the kit. It gives Sims something else to do and it is another realistic attribute brought to the Sims 4. I do however wish that some things were different or changed.
  • There should be a duration slider for how long it takes for maximum dust to accumulate. I feel it comes back way too fast.
  • You should be able to vacuum pet hair. It is pretty annoying that it gives you the option to do so but does nothing.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I thought they slowed accumulation in the last patch, I haven’t had time to play for awhile, and I never play with pets. I literally only bought that pack for the world, the bb, and the cas.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've gone off this kit big time. I still think the dust accumulates too quickly and I'm tired of dust bunnies. They should have made owning a vacuum be the trigger for dust as I don't want every household to encounter it. That's why I love rotational play - different households have different goals/problems.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I have at least 5 mods just to fix all the annoyances that i found in this pack. That being said, i like it. I don't know how i played before, without houses getting used and dirty... it's the same feeling i have with Seasons. Since it first came out in the sims franchise story, and after i tried it, i don't know how i played without weather...
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,115 Member
    I like Bust The Dust, kits can add more chores for Sims homes like lawn mowing, aquarium care, swimming pool cleaning or wood chopping. The kit was patched in the last update. When a dust bunny appears, my Sim automaticaly uses his vaccuum cleaner full upgraded, and all the dust and the bunnies dissapears.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    So would y’all still not recommend getting it in it’s current state? I’ve been holding off on it due to all the issues I’ve heard about.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    So would y’all still not recommend getting it in it’s current state? I’ve been holding off on it due to all the issues I’ve heard about.

I've been holding off too but it seems to be still pretty bad. Your sims only stand in one spot and vaccum, the dust is broken. Greenhouses get dust, it's just annoying.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options are allows a good idea, but compared to all the other things I want added to my gameplay options UI a dust slider is pretty low priority to me. I was fine with the original level with a household of eight, but, yes, anything outright broken should also be fixed.

I don't quite understand the too fast claim. It never seemed too fast time in the respect that it would always be too fast to me. It's like laundry and every other mundane chore in the game. It is bothersome and must be taken care of. That is the realism point, and I feel my real life house gets dirty too fast too but all you can do is get cleaning.

I do not see a lot of talk of it being unmanageable or twisted by other mechanics either, and it wasn't for me, unlike say how broken laundry is after hot and cold outfits and IL were added. Living in Sulani is laundry tartarus because Sims constantly go in and out of the water and leave piles upon piles for me to deal with-- Even when I am not playing eight Sims like I would prefer. I have also encountered bugs in general which will keep me from emptying hampers when I do loads of laundry and it just assures that you can never get on top of it. How many real life families have to have two full washer dryer combo set ups, a clothesline, and skeleton maid to keep their clothes washed?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited November 2021
    I don't think it comes back too fast. I first purchased it the day before the Patch came out and I noticed a huge difference, in the dust accumulation, right away. May I have a patch to curb the dust accumulation in my RL house, please?
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    sam123 wrote: »

I've been holding off too but it seems to be still pretty bad. Your sims only stand in one spot and vaccum, the dust is broken. Greenhouses get dust, it's just annoying.

I've seen parks becoming dusty!
  • Options

@Akl500P Can you handle sims being inspired 24/7 and constantly spamming easels, bars and anything else connected to the inspired mood?
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

@Akl500P Can you handle sims being inspired 24/7 and constantly spamming easels, bars and anything else connected to the inspired mood?

I agree. This kit is only bearable with mods, in my honest opinion.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    sam123 wrote: »

I've seen parks becoming dusty!

🤔 I haven’t seen this, even before the patch when the dust was a bit out of control.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Aww man I guess I’ll keep waiting. I want the feature but I don’t want it completely broken and not working right.
  • Options
    jenpow01jenpow01 Posts: 28 Member
    Hmm, that is weird. I bought the kit after the patch. I have found that dust is really slow to build up in my game. Seems my sims homes are always sparkling clean. I direct them to vacuum most of the time. Love it so far, hope the next patch doesn't break it for me. I have had that happen before. Had to repair my game after a few patches.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I am interested in buying Bust the Dust but I will wait a bit longer.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I think it accumulates just as fast in RL as well. At least it's more fun to deal with in the game.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    May77beeMay77bee Posts: 54 Member
    I am having trouble getting dust to show up.... what am I doing wrong?
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    May77bee wrote: »
    I am having trouble getting dust to show up.... what am I doing wrong?

It takes about 3/4 sim days for the dust to show up.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Overall, I like the kit too. But, I am using a mod to tweak the speed of the dust accumulation. I also didn't like the autonomy of my Sim being in the middle of writing a book for example & then stopping autonomously to vacuum. Once I put a few mods in place, I'm enjoying the kit a lot more. However, I do wish there was a toggle to determine which Save file to use the kit. I do play an occult save and I just don't see my vampires caring to vacuum, just like I don't have them do laundry. So there house is a dusty, dirty mess lol
  • Options
    PooltasticPooltastic Posts: 1 New Member
    I may be thinking too outside the box, but this kit is absolute trash for anything but the most standard of homes.
    I created myself a nice open air villa with a small fence instead of walls, and when the floor started getting dirty, I whipped out the vacuum and... nothing! The sim refused to do anything! After an extensive - and mostly fruitless - bout of researching and testing, I found out it's because the game treated the now filthy floor as being outside, which nixed any possible vacuuming - I couldn't even put in a robot vacuum because it needed to be "placed indoors". To add to the dumb bizarre situation, I am not even getting dust piles or dust bunnies, just a slow accumulation of dirtiness that I cannot clean because of the stupid restrictions I was not made aware of. So either I ruin my home or turn off thepart of the game I paid $7.95 AUD for. Again, I may be in the vast minority with this, but to me it is unforgivably stupid.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    That's the one kit I will never ever own. Personally, it's the worst ever. :s
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    This is the only Gampeplay pack we've had. Because the Devs can't actually layer gameplay into optional kits without increasingly mangling the programming. The Sims has so many bugs because of so much optional DLC.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    And the animation is lame. Why would they stand in one place to vaccuum?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2021
    My biggest annoyance with the kit is vacuums being kept in sim inventories, I hate it. Why must everything be designed in such stupid ways in the Sims 4? A vacuum is a household item, it does not belong in individual sims inventory so no other sims in the household can use it.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I turned the dust off. I was hoping you would only accumulate dust if you owned a vacuum. I play rotational and don’t want all of my families to have to dust.