Fresh off the press - the April 13 Laundry List! Click here to find out more!
April 16 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.
Sul sul Simmers! It's awesim to see that so many of you are starting new and interesting discussions! But please make sure that you do so in the right forum section. Thank you! 🙂

How would you feel if into the future and into the past came out for the sims 4 ?

«1
NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,388 Member
edited April 7 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I was thinking 2 separate packs to add more detail to each pack but both contained a time machine, your sims could meet their ancestors and decendents, the future could be similar to the likes of futurama with technology and items to make your sims lives easier, spaceships, more types of robots, the past could be a world with typewriters, vintage clothing, old technology or being able to travel to the medieval times
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 1,933 Member
    Yes, please let our sims travel through time. I would enjoy a futuristic pack just as much as a pack in the past (pre industrialisation) . Give me anything but the present ;)
    If they would come in separate packs, it would be good if they use the same device to travel through time.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited March 30
    I was thinking the time machine could be added to the base game but a locked and hidden object until you buy one of those packs, it would be brilliant if it was all in the same pack but I'm being realistic and it would be shallow if they did lol, there could be 2 pasts in into the past pack, one like medieval times and one like the 1920s with old technology or omg victorian times, the future could be effected by what your sims do in the present so kind of similar to the sims 3 into the future, ooh they could do a time travel series thing in the game of course after they added the most requested things 😂 @Atreya33
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,042 Member
    Love the idea of some Victorian times. Although, I've seen some Simmers who already play this way,
    but not having to use CC to achieve this would be nice (I have no CC in my game). I don't want
    "Victorian era" stuff bleeding into my present day neighborhoods, though.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 1,738 Member
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 3,152 Member
    edited March 30
    id absolutely love into the past type of pack

    don't really care so much for future though
    I guess apocalypse and world disasters be fun tho if they were to do future pack
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 17,743 Member
    As long as 18th century colonial America is included in that past. I would be very happy.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited March 30
    Gordy wrote: »
    Heck yeah, sign me up

    With medieval you can finally get your dragons lol @Grody and I was thinking with the future pack if you have eco lifestyle it could enhance this pack a little (obviously not needed) but if you have eco lifestyle it could start of the future as a dystopian world if you've let the pollution get bad in your sim world @Simmingal
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,388 Member
    As long as 18th century colonial America is included in that past. I would be very happy.

    I was thinking they could do it as a series in the game of course after the most important stuff have been added, it would be cool to have elements of the past and future in the game, give our sims more family background and their actions have consequences in the future @GalacticGal
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,645 Member
    I would actually rather have an into the past out of the two, but I can definitely see there being both. I'd really like for Medieval to be the "into the past" era but I also recognize it's a bit stereotypical of games that are set in the past. You don't see a lot of Victorian or Renessaince (forgive my spelling, I can't spell it haha) era themes in games.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 751 Member
    Honestly? Low expectations. I don't really mind the concept. I liked Into the Future in 3, but I don't think 4 can do it nearly as successfully.

    It can go one of two ways: the usual open residential world with all the random NPCs and townie clothing errors of them or a closed vacation world like Batuu that does not play well with other content packs and has a number of restrictions. Either option leaves much to be desired, according to how their predecessors played out.

    How much I would enjoy it would completely depend on how well it was developed and the most basic integrations and systems put into place. If it is another supernatural killer, I'd be better off not purchasing because I could hardly use it. Also, to be clear, I am not expecting anything spin off Medieval quality and quantity with a pack. I am thinking very restrictively Into the Future style.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,388 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Honestly? Low expectations. I don't really mind the concept. I liked Into the Future in 3, but I don't think 4 can do it nearly as successfully.

    It can go one of two ways: the usual open residential world with all the random NPCs and townie clothing errors of them or a closed vacation world like Batuu that does not play well with other content packs and has a number of restrictions. Either option leaves much to be desired, according to how their predecessors played out.

    How much I would enjoy it would completely depend on how well it was developed and the most basic integrations and systems put into place. If it is another supernatural killer, I'd be better off not purchasing because I could hardly use it. Also, to be clear, I am not expecting anything spin off Medieval quality and quantity with a pack. I am thinking very restrictively Into the Future style.

    If it was executed well, it would be cool though, the concept @Calico45
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,206 Member
    edited March 30
    Tbh I wouldn't really buy either. I think TS3 Into the Future is fun but it's not content that I play with often, it's kind of a novelty to me. I'd rather play in the "now" with normal more realistic stuff.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 751 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Honestly? Low expectations. I don't really mind the concept. I liked Into the Future in 3, but I don't think 4 can do it nearly as successfully.

    It can go one of two ways: the usual open residential world with all the random NPCs and townie clothing errors of them or a closed vacation world like Batuu that does not play well with other content packs and has a number of restrictions. Either option leaves much to be desired, according to how their predecessors played out.

    How much I would enjoy it would completely depend on how well it was developed and the most basic integrations and systems put into place. If it is another supernatural killer, I'd be better off not purchasing because I could hardly use it. Also, to be clear, I am not expecting anything spin off Medieval quality and quantity with a pack. I am thinking very restrictively Into the Future style.

    If it was executed well, it would be cool though, the concept @Calico45

    Agreed.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,438 Member
    Love the idea. Any pack that makes it possible for my sim to travel through time, especially to the past, is fine with me.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,388 Member
    I also thought what could those packs bring to the present day for our sims, medieval could bring royalty, your sims could be a modern royal family, of course your ancestors would be the king and queen in medieval times, into the future of course all actions in present time would affect the outcome of the future, victorian and 1920s like era would be fun 😊
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 3,152 Member
    okay ive decided i'll approve into the future if this time its into the world end and its last pack of ts4 and i can make whole world go poof in style cause idk despite the replay value of that being low i guess itd be very enjoyable and provide closure for anyone personally victimized by eliza pancakes
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,388 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    okay ive decided i'll approve into the future if this time its into the world end and its last pack of ts4 and i can make whole world go poof in style cause idk despite the replay value of that being low i guess itd be very enjoyable and provide closure for anyone personally victimized by eliza pancakes

    That would be epic 😂 @Simmingal
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 1,695 Member
    I love the concept but sadly I don't think sims4 would execute it well. Best case scenario, we would probably have one world closed off with unique npcs. That world would have to be large and fantastic to be worth it and we have all seen how small worlds have been since Windenburg.
    Origin ID: 3989
  • MetaphasicMetaphasic Posts: 650 Member
    edited March 30
    I’d love it. I could finally resurrect my scientist sim who lives with nothing but custom robots! I had one gold and six silver, Cylon style. Each had their own specific trait chips and things to do. The gold one had the free will chip. He was like a son to the scientist, whose name was Frank Nathan Stein.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

    Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

    ** Metaphasic's Builds **

    If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,388 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I love the concept but sadly I don't think sims4 would execute it well. Best case scenario, we would probably have one world closed off with unique npcs. That world would have to be large and fantastic to be worth it and we have all seen how small worlds have been since Windenburg.

    Maybe eventually we could get surprised 😂 but I understand your point of view, this concept would be awesome if executed well though @CelSims
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,388 Member
    Metaphasic wrote: »
    I’d love it. I could finally resurrect my scientist sim who lives with nothing but custom robots! I had one gold and six silver, Cylon style. Each had their own specific trait chips and things to do. The gold one had the free will chip. He was like a son to the scientist, whose name was Frank Nathan Stein.

    Ooh I love mad scientists, I have a scientist that's cloned himself alot, this guy loves himself 😂 @Metaphasic
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 4,432 Member
    I like to play challenges in the past with the help of historical cc. But i'm not sure i'ld like an historical world. It would feel like Batuu, that is not integrated with the rest of the game.
    Time travel, i don't know... if it's a trip to a destination world i would say no, but if it changes all the worlds for as long as my sim is there, then yeah...
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,388 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I like to play challenges in the past with the help of historical cc. But i'm not sure i'ld like an historical world. It would feel like Batuu, that is not integrated with the rest of the game.
    Time travel, i don't know... if it's a trip to a destination world i would say no, but if it changes all the worlds for as long as my sim is there, then yeah...

    That's a good idea that the things your sims do when travelling to past could affect the present like the future @texxx78
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 4,432 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I like to play challenges in the past with the help of historical cc. But i'm not sure i'ld like an historical world. It would feel like Batuu, that is not integrated with the rest of the game.
    Time travel, i don't know... if it's a trip to a destination world i would say no, but if it changes all the worlds for as long as my sim is there, then yeah...

    That's a good idea that the things your sims do when travelling to past could affect the present like the future @texxx78

    I assume it is how into the future worked in sims 3...? I never played it so no idea how it was handled...
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,388 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Nikkih wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I like to play challenges in the past with the help of historical cc. But i'm not sure i'ld like an historical world. It would feel like Batuu, that is not integrated with the rest of the game.
    Time travel, i don't know... if it's a trip to a destination world i would say no, but if it changes all the worlds for as long as my sim is there, then yeah...

    That's a good idea that the things your sims do when travelling to past could affect the present like the future @texxx78

    I assume it is how into the future worked in sims 3...? I never played it so no idea how it was handled...

    Yes everything that your sims done in the present affected the future either in negative or positive ways @texxx78
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top