Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the minimum amount of investment in the Store for maximum gain?

In other words, what is the minimum amount of money I have to put into the Store's SimPoints to get the maximum amount of virtual goods?

$160.00 will yield 24360 SimPoints. ($0.01 USD = 1.5225 SimPoints)
$80.00 will yield 10600 SimPoints. ($0.01 USD = 1.325 SimPoints)
$40.00 will yield 5000 SimPoints. ($0.01 USD = 1.25 SimPoints)
$20.00 will yield 2040 SimPoints. ($0.01 USD = 1.02 SimPoints)
$10.00 will yield 1000 SimPoints. ($0.01 USD = 1 SimPoint)

There is definitely a stronger economic incentive to purchase the $160.00 SimPoint Bundle to get 24360 SimPoints in return.

But, is the entire store really worth 24360 SimPoints?

When it was still possible to earn free bonus SimPoints, it might be worth it to actually own the Store. But now, the free bonus SimPoint thingy has long been taken down, so the only way to get additional SimPoints is to get a product registered. I've already registered my Starter Pack and World Adventures/Generations Bundle, and both yielded me more SimPoints; and I spent them all. I kind of regret some of the purchases I've made, because I didn't know about the DD Schedule. The other EPs don't yield any bonus SimPoints, but the Standard-edition Worlds do yield 100 SimPoints.

Right now, as I wait for the Brunch at Old Mill to pop up on the DD, I just look at the other deals, and they look very tempting, especially the Palace of Versailles set. Nah... I'll just forego that one, because buying premium content on the Store is more worth it. The Palace of Versailles set and other Mother Russia set are merely for aesthetics, while the Brunch at Old Mill set has great gameplay content.

How much money did you guys spend on the Store?

Or did you just buy everything with free bonus SimPoints and sales and promotionals?