Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Concept - My line up for Kits, April to September, 2021

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
edited March 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Captura.png

(Sorry for my bad English)
Post edited by Mak27 on

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I like July and August!
    I also think that the visual representation of your kits line up is great!
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited March 2021
    no dude these content should be at least on eps.. otherwise they are just microtransactions. if kits are gonna be a thing they should be more specific things, that are not really needed on the game. for example sewing and lawn mowing are things that should be at least on ts4 base game given it's a life simulator which should include these things, but yet we're accepting them to be on packs. but kits? paying $5 for one feature is not cool. of course people would still pay because well $5 is just a coffee for some, doesn't matter that ts4 is getting milked i guess.

anyways sorry for ranting, it's not about you but about ea.
    your concepts are cool, but not as kits. it's just an opinion of course.
  • Options
    I like July and August!
    I also think that the visual representation of your kits line up is great!

Thanks,

For the August Kit, a forging station consist in a forge, an anvil and a armor model, with a bellows and grinder as upgrade items.

Medievals weapons and armors would be based in six cultures: mediterranean (roman/greek), egyptian, american (aztec/mayan), norse (viking), oriental (chinense) and european (middle age)
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    bella_goth wrote: »
    no dude these content should be at least on eps.. otherwise they are just microtransactions. if kits are gonna be a thing they should be more specific things, that are not really needed on the game. for example sewing and lawn mowing are things that should be at least on ts4 base game given it's a life simulator which should include these things, but yet we're accepting them to be on packs. but kits? paying $5 for one feature is not cool. of course people would still pay because well $5 is just a coffee for some, doesn't matter that ts4 is getting milked i guess.

anyways sorry for ranting, it's not about you but about ea.
    your concepts are cool, but not as kits. it's just an opinion of course.

In that case, vaccuum cleaner and laundry would be a base game free update, because it's a life simulator. Kits it's the cheapest way to have more realistic gameplay adding new features with the only neccesary items. For example, for the lawn mowing proposed kit, three lawn mowers and two compost bins and a new gameplay system, just like Bust The Dust with two handled vaccuum cleaner, three normal ones and a new system.

There's some other stuff that can be handled by a Kit: telescopes, pool tables, nectar maker or fruit squeezer, not like the oversized ones. And, like some of the proposed kits, there's no explanation of the lack of some legacy/realistic/BG content and interactions, like for example the aquariums care, small things that microtransactions can handle. It's EA anyways.

For hobbies and other skills related interactions and items, a GP that contain sewing, pottery, forging and other like sculping should be enough, much like TS2 Freetime and not like Knitting SP. SP can be related with for example, music bands, outdoor activities like axe throwing, archery and log rolling.

BG updates will be focused in fixing bugs, adding new things like the bunk beds and possibly auto sofas as showed by gurus in the last streaming, or adding interactions like spooning in bed like TS2, playable pets or better babies or for example, upgrading the kitchen hoods with a fire alarm, the ceiling fans with lighting function or the showers with a small tub to wash pets and toddlers for apartments, cabins and tiny homes. Do you remember when TS4 was released without the toddler life stage, and later it was included as a free update, but EA selled a SP focused in toddlers? It has no sense, but that's how updates and DLC works for The Sims 4.

Sadly, TS4 is not TS2 or TS3, i've playing TS2 for 16 years, since 2004 to december 2020, and I'm glad to pay 5 bucks for new interactions, maybe broken in the beggining but i'm sure that EA is aware about the lack of content and how bad received was Stars Wars GP, a wasted opportunity.

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Are these actual Kits coming up? I really like the Medieval, Sewing & Wood Chopping Kits. :p
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Are these actual Kits coming up? I really like the Medieval, Sewing & Wood Chopping Kits. :p

Nope, my concepts only, but thanks!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Awe nuts.
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Awe nuts.

But i'm glad to fill your needs, i would add aquarium care or telescopes instead sewing, but it's something.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    - April is perfectly fine as a kit, no different from vacuuming.
    - May should be an update for Eco Lifestyle users first, then maybe two months later as part of a basegame update.
    - July and September would make nice foundations for stuff packs.
    - June is difficult, because the players who want pool fun and the waterslide may not overlap with those wanting more chores. I'd shove pool cleaning into either May or April (pgrading April to an outdoors chores stuff pack that also includes window cleaning) and put the waterslike into a pool party pack
    - Medieval I'm not sure how that should be handled.

In any case, I'd be interested in many of the propsed themes!
  • Options
    - April is perfectly fine as a kit, no different from vacuuming.
    - May should be an update for Eco Lifestyle users first, then maybe two months later as part of a basegame update.
    - July and September would make nice foundations for stuff packs.
    - June is difficult, because the players who want pool fun and the waterslide may not overlap with those wanting more chores. I'd shove pool cleaning into either May or April (pgrading April to an outdoors chores stuff pack that also includes window cleaning) and put the waterslike into a pool party pack
    - Medieval I'm not sure how that should be handled.

In any case, I'd be interested in many of the propsed themes!

From Medieval, I'm not sure about a dedicated SP or GP, a forging kit or beign part of a Freetime like pack should be fine. Maybe adding some another "medieval" activities like loom, archery range or axe throwing.
  • Options
    hvnsimmerhvnsimmer Posts: 4 New Member
    Absolutely in love with the sewing kit idea! I would love for my sim to be able to make their own clothes similar to in nifty knitting. You could have maybe bedspreads that you could sew along with other basic clothing items and toys. I myself would also love to see a pottery kit, I was so upset when the voting for nifty knitting happened and we didn't get sewing and pottery as well. :(
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    What would be the point of propane tank water heater and meter besides decor? And the sewing one seems way to big of a idea so far we have either got objects, clothing or game play in kits not all in one.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2021
    I think the lawn mower one is definitely possible however....they could make it so sims can water decor plants and smell them like in Mansion and Garden Stuff, bring back weeds, the compost bin, and trimming bushes. With Seasons they should grow faster in the Spring.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    What would be the point of propane tank water heater and meter besides decor? And the sewing one seems way to big of a idea so far we have either got objects, clothing or game play in kits not all in one.

In some countries, specially in Latin America, mostly of the water heaters uses propane tanks and cylinders or grid connections as source power for heating. Propane items can also, can give to the game another realism aspect, as the source power of stoves, ovens and even dryer machines. Of course, there's electric water heaters and solar heaters as well, but the common is propane powered.

For TS4, propane can add either a decorative object as a functional one. For example, like placing any laundry object to activate the laundry system, placing a propane item (full) or the heater the heater, the stove and the oven will consume propane as well. The dryer machine can be upgraded if LD is installed, to depending of propane instead electricity. If the propane tank or cylinder is empty, Sims must order a new one, or if the Sim lives in an apartment, paying the propane bill along with power and water.

About meters, it's a way to introduce new elements in the series, a fuse box would be nice too.

About sewing, I don't think that can be a heavy feature for a Kit. Basically, the sewing system will contain teo two sewing machine (the classic manual Singer and an electric) to craft some items like courtains, teddy bears and clothes. Maybe a mannequin and some clutter objects can be added as well.
  • Options
    ZinarchanZinarchan Posts: 13 New Member
    I think your ideas are good .What I would like to see in a kit are things in Cas build buy and gameplay that are highly requested or that can fill up some of the holes there are in those categories.
    For Cas
    I would love you see more clothing for men ,children and toddlers.
    Clothes just for the elderly and teenaged Sims that only they can wear.
    Clothes from different decades and cultures. Trendy youth fashion y2k ,cottagecore and so on.
    I would like to see some functional intractable items that bring back game play even if some of them are beloved items from the older games. Land lines for decades players.Pottery table , sewing machine, picnic basket and so on
    For gameplay
    More interactions with fresh new animations.
    I would love a romance, wedding ,birthday and holiday kit to enrich items we already have for more fleshed out game play.

Example for the birthday kit some decor pieces like number balloons ,balloon and balloon arches in various sizes and colors. Streamers you can hang from the ceiling, chair covers ,table cloths and runners. Party hats decor and wearable .

Piñata ,pin the tail on the Llama or musical chairs.

Birthday gifts ,cards and small giftable items you can give according to your relationship with birthday sim.
    Eg. Giftbasket with snacks for friends and family
    Bouquet of flowers for your love.
    New toys for the grandkids.

Some new cake recipes.
    Birthday cupcakes and or donuts that you can put candles in.
    Happy birthday interaction that only pops up to be used on sims birthday.
    Send birthday card or gift in the mail.
    Have Sims autonomously bring your played sim gifts as long as you have a gift pile on your lot during a birthday party event .
  • Options
    jaasimmer12jaasimmer12 Posts: 8 New Member
    I would buy the pool maintenance one in a heartbeat! I’m not super keen on kits, but I really like the idea of those small gameplay add ons that you won’t really see in packs,
    I grew up with a pool and it would get green ALL the time (especially after winter) and it would take a lot of maintenance. I’d love to see a sim jump in a dirty pool and get the sick/ uncomfortable buff. Also it would be a great spot to add a quick diving board and slide. I just want more life for my pools, they just swim and float