Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New & improved bed animations coming with the next patch?

riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
I was thinking that along with the bunk beds, this time around we might finally see things like (already present in previous games):

-relax in bed
-read books in bed
-make beds
-cuddle and make out animations

What are your thoughts about it? :smile:
Post edited by riccardouga on

Comments

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Watch TV in bed. Honestly I would love this! The animations are already in game too - I use them quite a bit when I’m making poses so it’s about time they officially introduced them to the game!
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    We will get bunk beds with a teleport to top bunk animation and that's all my dear! B)
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I would absolutely love more "non-sleeping" and "non-woohoo'ing" animations and activities for the bed!

But, I don't personally see us ever getting them so I prefer not to get my hopes up. I prefer instead to be pleasantly surprised when something I've been wanting actually gets implemented into the game.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    We shall see what we shall see. I'm keeping an open mind. Don't need any more disappoints at this time. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Watch TV in bed. Honestly I would love this! The animations are already in game too - I use them quite a bit when I’m making poses so it’s about time they officially introduced them to the game!

@GracieO312 Oh yeah the animations are definitely already in the base game, ready to be unlocked by the developers! Also I really hoping in "pillow talk"... those animations are so cute 😍

MTS_Shimrod101-1623680-PillowTalk.jpg

MTS_Shimrod101-1623682-PillowTalkExtras.jpg

https://modthesims.info/d/577758/pillow-talk-after-woohoo-1-18.html

Too bad that the mod is now abandoned ☹
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Yeah those are the animations that I use! I really hope to see them one day... When I think about it though I’m not really sure that they’re going to update the beds with these animations because they said mystery ‘object’ and not mystery ‘gameplay feature’ soo... idk
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Yeah those are the animations that I use! I really hope to see them one day... When I think about it though I’m not really sure that they’re going to update the beds with these animations because they said mystery ‘object’ and not mystery ‘gameplay feature’ soo... idk

@GracieO312 Interesting... so they are still work with the newest patch? 🤔
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I really hope this comes with the next patch! I love romance interactions, so Sims being able to cuddle in bed would be the best thing ever! Having them just be able to relax and do other activities in bed would also be great to have again. I miss that feature from the other Sims games.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes, watching tv or reading a book in bed is something that i think fits well with loners and lazy sims.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I wish....TS4 is really lacking in the romance department. And when it comes to animations with 2 sims interacting they are often not well done...just look at the snowball fight animation, it's awful. Thank god they fixed shower woohoo though, now they finally get into the towels before going in the shower.

I wish they updated lunge chairs and beds so that sims can read books/watch tv/drink/be on the phone or tablet while lounging. After all this is suppose to be the game with the best multitasking engine....lol

Really miss sims sleeping and cuddling too and making out while lounging in bed side by side.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I don't know that we'll get any new animations for beds, but I would love to see the return of the animations you mentioned. I've also always wanted kids to be able to jump on the bed. It would also be cute if little kids could sleep between their parents (especially after having a nightmare). I doubt we'll ever get anything like that though.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited March 2021
    that would be a nice detail, but ea has taught me to lower my expectations when it comes to their products.
    hey, at least ts4 is getting bunk beds.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I was thinking that along with the bunk beds, this time around we might finally see things like (already present in previous games):

-relax in bed
    -read books in bed
    -make beds

Hmm I never thought of that. I hope your right.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Holiday wrote: »
    We will get bunk beds with a teleport to top bunk animation and that's all my dear! B)

Acutually there is a mystery item coming too.

Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I wish they would add things like watching TV , but I don't see them adding anything to be honest.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options

@GracieO312 Oh yeah the animations are definitely already in the base game, ready to be unlocked by the developers! Also I really hoping in "pillow talk"... those animations are so cute 😍

MTS_Shimrod101-1623680-PillowTalk.jpg

MTS_Shimrod101-1623682-PillowTalkExtras.jpg

https://modthesims.info/d/577758/pillow-talk-after-woohoo-1-18.html

Too bad that the mod is now abandoned ☹

The problem I have with this mod is sims have to woohoo first and the animations are random. You don't get to pick.
  • Options
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I wish they would add things like watching TV , but I don't see them adding anything to be honest.

Yes considering a lot of builders add tvs to bedrooms.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Pretty sure he's talking about bunk beds. That's the 'mystery' item in the Sims' tweet.
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member

-relax in bed
    -read books in bed
    -make beds

Yes, yes, I don't mind not having this, and YES PLEASE! But I'm not gonna get my hopes up. Never again.

It's sad because there's a high probability they'd do this.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

Pretty sure he's talking about bunk beds. That's the 'mystery' item in the Sims' tweet.

We already know about the bunk beds. Chances are it's loft beds or something else.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited March 2021
    I’d love to see either loft beds or the interactions, I do miss the bed interactions.
  • Options

We already know about the bunk beds. Chances are it's loft beds or something else.

@catloverplayer Maybe that picture on Twitter with the dog is really hinting the fact that new animations are coming for all beds present in the game... Cats and dogs included (ok, maybe I'm dreaming too much) 😆
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

@catloverplayer Maybe that picture on Twitter with the dog is really hinting the fact that new animations are coming for all beds present in the game... Cats and dogs included (ok, maybe I'm dreaming too much) 😆

Maybe we are getting a bed kit, including pet beds (which you technically don't need Cats and Dogs to have Pet beds in your builds...)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member

Maybe that picture on Twitter with the dog is really hinting the fact that new animations are coming for all beds present in the game... Cats and dogs included (ok, maybe I'm dreaming too much) 😆
    Maybe the mystery item is a dragon egg, and he posted his dog because dragons can also be pets
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Maybe we are getting a bed kit, including pet beds (which you technically don't need Cats and Dogs to have Pet beds in your builds...)

@DaWaterRat Wow, I remember that octagonal-shaped item from The Sims 2 Apartment Life! 😍
    latest?cb=20111226090030