Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim State - The Sims 3 Open For Business Mini Expansion - Launch Trailer Available Now!

timecatchertimecatcher Posts: 387 Member
Good evening Sims 3 community!

I thought I'd get a post going on the actual Sims 3 forums too. I am creating a new mod for The Sims 3 that adds a variety of new features called Sim State! Read on below if you're interested!

Sim State

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD8d4BLsY2A[/video]

Welcome to Sim State! A new mini expansion focused on adding ownable stores to the game in an open ended format. Create a store, hire employees, set objects for sale (without rugs!), restock objects, earn XP on sales to increase your rank and more! Check it out below!

DISCLAIMER: The mod has been thoroughly tested by myself and other simmers but due to the nature of public release I cannot guarantee you won't run into a new one! As a rule make backups to keep your saves safe, but you can shutdown a business by purchasing a computer and using the 'Manage Business' option on the lot, this should fix any Sim State specific issues for a buggy lot. Thanks!

DOWNLOAD[Awaiting Moderator Approval]

Sim State & Co Profile - Hopefully won't take too long to be online officially!

https://modthesims.info/m/member.php?u=10263156

DONATIONS

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=K57VWU8K4L4HY

Completely optional but for anyone who enjoys the mod and would be interested in helping out financially you have my deepest appreciation!

MUSIC CREDITS

-The Sims 1 Disco Radio Station
-The Sims 2 OST
-Photon X - Sim State Dude Original :P

FEATURES

-Ownable Stores

Create and run stores across town, you can open a maximum of one business per lot, but there are no limits on the amount of stores you can run! Pay the $1000 set up fee and start today!

-Hire & Manage Employees

Use the scripted OFB register to manage your store and hire/fire employees! Call them into work and assign them roles, you can even switch households and work at a store run by another sim, create managers and complex economy systems around your town! Running an upmarket boutique? Customise your employee uniforms to match the style.

-XP & Ranks

Stores level up in rank similar to resorts. Using a custom UI system you can earn up to 5 stars which allow for more employees and higher prices! The ratio is 1:10 per Simolean earned!

-Customer Satisfaction Points

Inspired by a similar mechanic used in The Sims 2 your businesses earn points for each purchase. Use these points to purchase the $1000 cash reward or a security system!

-Petty Theft

Yup! Crime can be an issue for your stores, keep and eye out on sims eager for a freebie! If you see a notification popup and your stock diminishing you may be able to catch the thief quickly by clicking on them and using the 'Stop Thief' interaction; this will call the police and have them arrested! Purchase the security system to automatically call them and halt any negative impact on your Customer Satisfaction Points!

Keep an eye on those Kleptomaniacs and Evil sims... but anyone with the right motive could leave you missing a few items!

-Mystery Shoppers

Randomly sims that visit your store will have a chance of being a mystery shopper which will earn you a nice bonus of funds! Keep objects stocked up and prices fair to stand the best chance of high rewards. Can you get a perfect 100/100 score?

-Frugal Sims...

Not everyone will be happy with your inflated prices, keep some objects set to a low mark-up to ensure frugal sims don't complain!

-Power Surges

Randomly during thunderstorms your sims have a chance of experience a power cut! Don't worry though, the don't last long... usually!

-Custom UI's & New In game Lessons

A few visual improvements to the notification system give a fresh look to the game. You can also find 8 new lessons under the 'Sim State' heading!

Well after months of work and the great sims community I am pleased to finally release the mod! As mentioned above it may have a few outstanding bugs but hopefully nothing too serious, let me know how you find it in the comments!

I would love to see what stores you run with Sim State so please post about the mod and your experiences on social media and YouTube!

A few special thanks go out to Battery, GameFreak, Lyralei and Zoeee for all their help getting this project to release and helping me understand the Sims 3 API and learn C#!

Finally I will be posting the source code and assets as open source in the near future, I am stepping back from active development myself but I know there's a selection of active simmers interested in supporting the mod into the future. I would appreciate credit for the original idea and version but if you wish to take the mod/update it or release it in an updated form elsewhere I would be interested to see where it goes!

Thank you to everyone who helped out and everyone who tries the mod, I really hope it adds something new and fun to The Sims 3 scene! I really believe that with the right motivation someone could create an entire new EP for TS3 it really is very moddable when you get stuck in!

Enjoy!

Regards,

Sim State Dude (& Co)
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top