Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Power Conservation Day - Eco Life

My sim self and his family had a chance to experience their first Harvest Fest. I had a plan of inviting my sim self's parents, his spouse's parents and their teens boyfriend and girlfriends parents over for the grand meal. However, their plans were stopped when power conservation day fell on Harvest Fest meaning they couldn't cook anything until after 9pm. Does power conservation day fall on the same days each time or was I just unlucky?

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I think it does. You could reschedule the festival for another day?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Bummer, but also had to smile :) It's a pity though if major events are cancelled out like hat. I like it when unforeseen stuff happens, but one challenge ruining another challenge feels wrong. Worrying for my next Winterfest, will it be a fest with no functioning lights on their tree... no lights at all... hope not.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    My sim self and his family had a chance to experience their first Harvest Fest. I had a plan of inviting my sim self's parents, his spouse's parents and their teens boyfriend and girlfriends parents over for the grand meal. However, their plans were stopped when power conservation day fell on Harvest Fest meaning they couldn't cook anything until after 9pm. Does power conservation day fall on the same days each time or was I just unlucky?

You could have used the pit BBQ to make a holiday meal, or take your sims to a restaurant that serves them.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,088 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

You could have used the pit BBQ to make a holiday meal, or take your sims to a restaurant that serves them.

Ah, i didn't know that. Please guys, i'm getting back in to the game. Some of the posts here seem a little rude. I'm not complaining, i was just asking a simple question that can be closed now.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited March 2021

OH! Like that movie the Christmas Carol. Christmas dinner was ruined by the neighbor's dogs so they went to a restaurant instead. cool :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

OH! Like that movie the Christmas Carol. Christmas dinner was ruined by the neighbor's dogs so they went to a restaurant instead. cool :)

...We are going out to eat.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    It's fine if they collide it adds to the challenge. That NAP won, you should of tried to repeal it or look for alternative methods of making food for Feast day.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member

Ah, i didn't know that. Please guys, i'm getting back in to the game. Some of the posts here seem a little rude. I'm not complaining, i was just asking a simple question that can be closed now.

I haven't tried this yet but maybe it is also possible to prepare a grand meal a day in advance and keep it fresh in the fridge (do off the grid fridges help on power conservation days?) preparing a feast a day in advance seems very realistic to me. That way the host can also enjoy the feast.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I haven't tried this yet but maybe it is also possible to prepare a grand meal a day in advance and keep it fresh in the fridge (do off the grid fridges help on power conservation days?) preparing a feast a day in advance seems very realistic to me. That way the host can also enjoy the feast.

It still counts as a grand meal yes. You still get the Singing and Call Grand Meal interactions with it, so if you have a Grand Meal requirement for both Xmas and New Years and only say 3 ppl in the household you can re-use the same dish.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek