Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Super-Sims Occult Pack

First off, lemme say that I understand more and more people who play games are becoming less willing to pay for the expacks that seem to be offering less than what they're valued at. I get it, I really do. That being said, if that is your reason for downing this idea, please refrain from making those comments! :)

Alight, lets get into the pitch, shall we?
I love the unexplainable: superhuman strength, lightning fast reflexes, "super" speed. That's real life stuff that I've seen people do when others are in danger. Now, I know that these things weren't really superpowers but just bursts of adrenaline in a dire situation. But we're playing Sims here, and we've got vampires, mermaids, spellcasters, aliens, a freaky Sim-eating motherplant and cow-plant! Where's Dr. Vu and his problem causing minions of chaos from SimCity?

I understand that's a different game, but hear me out, I think this has potential!
Start it like you would any other occult sim, make them handsome, ugly, deformed, extra-shredded, whatever! Start the game and get a text from Maxis-Man-- he's in desperate need of a sidekick/ward and you have shown the most raw talent. You get two reply options, something like: "Heck yeah! evil-doers beware" or: "What, are you crazy? villains have more fun!"

Depending on what your answer is you follow the path of good or evil (Maxis-Man as your instructor or Dr. Vu)
From there you start your career as a hero-in-training or villain-to-be. As you progress you get a selection of powers and weaknesses to choose from (like vampires). The story progression path could even be somewhat like the Batuu pack, mixing rank with what powers and tools you can unlock.

As far as extra stuff for the pack (the fluff) there could be several buildmode options. First thing that comes to mind is all supers need a place to hone their skills. Add tools and training equipment like a home obstacle course, hidden cameras for safety, training dummies, etc. Add new lot traits such as, Power Paradise (grow your superpowers quicker), Evil Lair (a place fit for anyone who dreams of just doing things evilly), Neutral Site (a place for all powered sims to just get away). There's so much you could do with this idea in buildmode!

Now for CAS and outfitting. Sims got a ton of really cool things recently, new skin tone mixer, scars and blemishes, etc. This pack begs for more of that! Maybe they could even throw in more tattoos. The main thing, though, is what every super needs to stay safe, a secret identity! Have the normal CAS outfit options, but like with vampires and aliens, have a "show/conceal" option for roaming the world. As far as Super-suits goes, that could be like every clothing option, as long as there are enough color options.

What about powers, you mentioned powers?
Like I said above, a skill tree type thing that lets you pick powers, abilities, and weaknesses. Travel powers are what this part is about. Vampires already have "vamp-speed" and a type of flight. Wellness based sims can already teleport. So really all there needs to be is slightly changed animations for those. There could also be a Spider-man type of web travel. Lots of possibilities there!

The second to last thing I'd like to add is about the career path and schooling.
In my opinion, I think it would be cool if you could start "training" as a child and join the career part at young adult. There could be random text from the school talking about odd things the child/teen has been noticed doing. Even in the college pack, completing the villain degree or physics/biology could give you a boost in pay from the start.

If you've read this far, thanks and hang with me a little further!
Interactions are the most important thing in a Sim's life (aside from food and water :D) and there are several really cool ways this pack could be unique with them. Firstly, supers who have high friendship could "entrust secret" with that sim and tell them about being a hero/villain. That sim's reaction could vary, giving a couple possible moodlets.
  1. Feeling energized by being so close to a real hero/villain!
  2. Terrified by the power *name* possesses!
  3. Bored- The news comes as no surprise to *name*
  4. Flirty- Seeing *name* in a whole new way after they entrusted you with a HUGE secret.

Having a sim ask if you are a super could lead to you being embarrassed, scared, or happy/silly (if you aren't a super).
Other moodlets could be stuff like: super kiss (from being kissed by a super whether you know they are or not), feeling unexplainably safe (being near a super), feeling endangered (being near a super you don't like or a villain), etc. Supers could also have a secret handshake like aliens do with other supers. Attempting one on a normal sim could give an extra tense moodlet and possibly blow their cover. Interactions don't technically have to be as complex, but I think that it would add something extra if they were.

Anyways, a big thanks to those that read this far! Comment and lemme know what you like, didn't like, or would add!
Happy simming,
#CaptainDrigger (Sims 4)

Comments

• Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    It literally makes me sad that we don't have this pack, especially now I've read all your ideas for it! You should be in charge of it lol. I have found a few threads that mention this as an idea for a pack, and the thought has always really excited me. People who have read those threads are going to get bored with me repeating myself. :D
  • Options
    DriggerDrigger Posts: 168 Member
    @manicobsessive This would literally be the main thing I'd do if it were in sims!
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I've been wanting this kind of pack for quite a while now. As you may have seen my comment on your poll. This is literally my dream pack.

And actually, a month or two ago I made a thread (and a poll) about this exact kind of pack. And we have a lot of similar ideas too.

Don't worry, I'm not mad that you made another thread for this. (Actually, it makes me happy to see that more people want this kind of pack.) I just wanted to let you know in case you haven't seen it. :blush:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/985966/superheroes-villains-pack-idea/p1
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986348/would-you-be-interested-in-a-superheroes-villains-themed-pack/p1
  • Options
    @MeowchaFrappe I like creating my own polls and threads... Tbh, I lack computer navigation skills, so I don't search for threads :D. Thanks for tagging those though! Your ideas are cool and a little more in depth than my pitch. Hopefully EA... or Maxis... whoever the powers that be are will put something with supers in the game. Hopefully it won't be half-baked and as "why did I buy this" as a lot of recent packs have been.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    @Drigger no worries at all. I completely understand that. Haha.

And sure thing! You also have a few additional ideas I didn't think of, which I think is really cool. :smile:

I'm really hoping that supers make their way into the game as well before the end of Sims 4. If it's a game pack though, we may stand a chance of it being halfway decent at least.
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    I like your idea, it would be awesome to have a pack like that, i hope one day it happens.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @MeowchaFrappe That's what I'm thinking too. I think an EP would offer the best chance at having something that feels more than 50% complete.

@Hauk150 thanks! I really hope it does come. Maybe if more people post about it EA will do it.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    My Batman family, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Xmen Storm & Sailor Moon Couple sims are so deprived of being actual Superheroes. :'(
  • Options
    @SERVERFRA I feel that. I write for a living and have done a few superhero novels that I've turned into sims. I wish I could play those like they're supposed to be!
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Drigger wrote: »
    First off, lemme say that I understand more and more people who play games are becoming less willing to pay for the expacks that seem to be offering less than what they're valued at. I get it, I really do. That being said, if that is your reason for downing this idea, please refrain from making those comments! :)

Alight, lets get into the pitch, shall we?
    I love the unexplainable: superhuman strength, lightning fast reflexes, "super" speed. That's real life stuff that I've seen people do when others are in danger. Now, I know that these things weren't really superpowers but just bursts of adrenaline in a dire situation. But we're playing Sims here, and we've got vampires, mermaids, spellcasters, aliens, a freaky Sim-eating motherplant and cow-plant! Where's Dr. Vu and his problem causing minions of chaos from SimCity?

I understand that's a different game, but hear me out, I think this has potential!
    Start it like you would any other occult sim, make them handsome, ugly, deformed, extra-shredded, whatever! Start the game and get a text from Maxis-Man-- he's in desperate need of a sidekick/ward and you have shown the most raw talent. You get two reply options, something like: "Heck yeah! evil-doers beware" or: "What, are you crazy? villains have more fun!"

Depending on what your answer is you follow the path of good or evil (Maxis-Man as your instructor or Dr. Vu)
    From there you start your career as a hero-in-training or villain-to-be. As you progress you get a selection of powers and weaknesses to choose from (like vampires). The story progression path could even be somewhat like the Batuu pack, mixing rank with what powers and tools you can unlock.

As far as extra stuff for the pack (the fluff) there could be several buildmode options. First thing that comes to mind is all supers need a place to hone their skills. Add tools and training equipment like a home obstacle course, hidden cameras for safety, training dummies, etc. Add new lot traits such as, Power Paradise (grow your superpowers quicker), Evil Lair (a place fit for anyone who dreams of just doing things evilly), Neutral Site (a place for all powered sims to just get away). There's so much you could do with this idea in buildmode!

Now for CAS and outfitting. Sims got a ton of really cool things recently, new skin tone mixer, scars and blemishes, etc. This pack begs for more of that! Maybe they could even throw in more tattoos. The main thing, though, is what every super needs to stay safe, a secret identity! Have the normal CAS outfit options, but like with vampires and aliens, have a "show/conceal" option for roaming the world. As far as Super-suits goes, that could be like every clothing option, as long as there are enough color options.

What about powers, you mentioned powers?
    Like I said above, a skill tree type thing that lets you pick powers, abilities, and weaknesses. Travel powers are what this part is about. Vampires already have "vamp-speed" and a type of flight. Wellness based sims can already teleport. So really all there needs to be is slightly changed animations for those. There could also be a Spider-man type of web travel. Lots of possibilities there!

The second to last thing I'd like to add is about the career path and schooling.
    In my opinion, I think it would be cool if you could start "training" as a child and join the career part at young adult. There could be random text from the school talking about odd things the child/teen has been noticed doing. Even in the college pack, completing the villain degree or physics/biology could give you a boost in pay from the start.

If you've read this far, thanks and hang with me a little further!
    Interactions are the most important thing in a Sim's life (aside from food and water :D) and there are several really cool ways this pack could be unique with them. Firstly, supers who have high friendship could "entrust secret" with that sim and tell them about being a hero/villain. That sim's reaction could vary, giving a couple possible moodlets.
    1. Feeling energized by being so close to a real hero/villain!
    2. Terrified by the power *name* possesses!
    3. Bored- The news comes as no surprise to *name*
    4. Flirty- Seeing *name* in a whole new way after they entrusted you with a HUGE secret.

Having a sim ask if you are a super could lead to you being embarrassed, scared, or happy/silly (if you aren't a super).
    Other moodlets could be stuff like: super kiss (from being kissed by a super whether you know they are or not), feeling unexplainably safe (being near a super), feeling endangered (being near a super you don't like or a villain), etc. Supers could also have a secret handshake like aliens do with other supers. Attempting one on a normal sim could give an extra tense moodlet and possibly blow their cover. Interactions don't technically have to be as complex, but I think that it would add something extra if they were.

Anyways, a big thanks to those that read this far! Comment and lemme know what you like, didn't like, or would add!
    Happy simming,
    #CaptainDrigger (Sims 4)

I think what EA should have done instead of Batuu Stuff Pack was created a Marvel Stuff or Expansion Pack to appease Disney instead. Since Disney owns the rights to Marvel. I think more of the community would have responded well if they would have done that instead.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    @drakharis I'm a bigger star wars fan than marvel, but I totally agree. I think batuu would have caused a bigger noise had they added force powers.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    yes. i have nothing else to say. yes.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif