Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A few questions about Sims 4 Studio

Also asked at the Sims 4 Studio forum, but no answer so far.

Hello there. I thought I'd try my hand at creating some custom content and I have a few questions. First, here's some background on what I'm trying to do.

Let's say I make a 1x1 room, and then copy that to the second floor. I then lower the first floor eight "steps", then delete the first floor. The new "first floor" is four "steps" off the ground. I want to make a cube that is the same width as a 1x1 room, including the width of the walls, such that if placed under it, it appears seamless. Height needs to be four steps so that the top of the box meets the bottom of the room's floor without clipping.

I know how to create new swatches and import custom textures for the object, defining the look of the top, bottom, and sides, but a few questions remain. I Began by saving the default box mesh that comes up when you start Blender for the first time, with the intent of adjusting width and height later. I saved it unchanged as "Test Cube". I then loaded the studio and loaded up the stock "Boom Cube" object, which is smaller in height than it is wide. I then tried importing the "Test Cube" mesh to see if I could change the object itself and it didn't give me any errors, but the preview didn't update. It was still the "Boom Cube," not my mesh.

If somebody could answer that question first, I'd be grateful. Then, once you have a mesh imported into Studio, how do you...

1) Make the object stackable?

2) Make the object accept wallpaper on its sides (the object is a cube).

3) Make the object accept floor tiles on its top (the object is a cube).

4) Make the object "join" to adjacent objects of the same type (like counters).

Thanks for any answers, I really need this object to use as a faux foundation that doesn't have that dumb trim and can use wallpaper and floor tiles.
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.