Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do I Fix Partihaus (Factory One) Stairs

I know there is a bug that causes fencing to deny access to stairs, but I don't know how to fix it here. I can't delete the railing. This is not a build from the gallery, but the original Maxis build. It is very frustrating not to be able to use a house from the game. Can someone explain in very simple terms what I need to do to fix it? Or does someone have a house that looks very close to the original but with working stairs they can share on the gallery. Thank you for any help!

Comments

• Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    OK, I am sorry I know absolutely nothing about building! I finally realized I needed to use the hammer to destroy the railing. It looks very unsafe, but the Sims can climb the stairs now. Please EA, fix this bug!
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I'm not sure how your railing looks now, but a way I got around the issue in the same build without having to delete the entire railing and leave the second floor looking unprotected was to:

1) Activate the "bb.moveobjects" cheat
    2) Draw a new railing over the top of the stairs all the way to the wall
    3) Delete the stairs entirely
    4) Remove the piece of railing/fence that the stairs used to connect to
    5) Add back the stairs to its original spot
    6) Connect the railing again, but this time not all the way to the wall (not passed the stairs)

You could probably do without step 2.
    Thankfully my sims can now move between floors, of course a fix to this bug would be much preferred.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    I'm not sure how your railing looks now, but a way I got around the issue in the same build without having to delete the entire railing and leave the second floor looking unprotected was to:

1) Activate the "bb.moveobjects" cheat
    2) Draw a new railing over the top of the stairs all the way to the wall
    3) Delete the stairs entirely
    4) Remove the piece of railing/fence that the stairs used to connect to
    5) Add back the stairs to its original spot
    6) Connect the railing again, but this time not all the way to the wall (not passed the stairs)

You could probably do without step 2.
    Thankfully my sims can now move between floors, of course a fix to this bug would be much preferred.

Thanks, I'll try this if I decide I can't live with it like it is. I was able to leave the railing that juts out past the stairs, so unless you look at it sideways it's hard to tell it's gone from the rest.

Thanks again for the help!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    This is possibly one of the worst bugs ever since many of us will have invested in these lots. I hope it is fixed soon.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I hate this bug and the fact that they can't seem to fix it. I can't build at all, so fixing the problems on existing houses is impossible for me.
    The bug is also happening on Judith Wards house. When I was playing my save with a Sim that married her and moved in her house I had to use a teleport cheat every time they went to sleep because their bedroom is upstairs. It's so frustrating.
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    I dont understand people recommending to use the bb.moveobjects cheat. Do you realize that you are basically messing up the placement of regular objects doing that?. That cheat comes at a price. If you are not going to place vanilla objects anymore, yeah, use it. On the contrary expect many many many problems because of it.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Yeah I've done the fixes to stairs without having to use bb.moveobjects. It isn't necessary.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!