Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So many premade households!! Which ones do you delete with no regrets? 😅

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Gosh, I just started a new game and added a whole bunch of Maxis gallery sims to it. The more the merrier I say. 😆
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2022
    Every single one. No regrets lol😆
    Actually I think I kept a few like vlad and Caleb, Morgan and a few others. But that's it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I promptly delete them all.
  • Options
    Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    I delete all the townies. I don’t find any of them particularly interesting to play. It’s hard for me to get attached to sims I haven’t created myself. I’ve been playing a save file for awhile now, with one family I’m absolutely obsessed with. Currently on generation three, still going strong.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I try never to delete any sims because I'm afraid of breaking my game... had neighborhood corruption once in Sims 2 and lost a whole save, it was sad
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    I like to play them all, even the boring ones. As most of the premades don't have preferences/degrees/lifestyles/fame/reputation/occult status, they can be made more interesting by adding them or working towards them.

For all sims, give them some preferences in CAS according to how you interpret their traits, style (favourite colour, more outfits to match their aesthetic), home décor taste and ethnicity. (E.G. I like to give my Latinx sims one of the Latin music stations as a preference, then choose another that suits them. If sims live in an apartment with noisy neighbours, they might build up a Like or Dislike of their neighbours preference etc).

You can also make a list of recreational objects and activities in game which don't technically count as hobbies in preferences (because they aren't a skill) and either pick or randomise something for them to get into. This could be some kind of game, sport, craft or other feature. Maybe they like to go camping somewhere on weekends (handy for collectors/gardeners), play poker (sabacc, for gambling) every Friday night or are part of the local Swim Team. You could make a club for it, do it alone or do it as a family activity. Also decide what their favourite genres are for books, movies and TV shows (if they like those activities) and sell/buy books to represent that preference. If they are a painter or musician, give them a favourite style or quirk. You might have a guitarist that only busks at cafés because he has the Coffee Addict lifestyle, or an artist who only paints surrealist works.

If you want degrees for premade sims without moving they can work towards degrees from home while doing part time jobs/producing/crafting/freelancing/odd jobbing etc. for cash, or they can start/stay in a full time career if you want them at a lower level non-degree position for variety. (E.G: Liberty Lee could quit her Astronaut job then buy, build and upgrade a rocket while gaining a physics degree. The rocket science hobby earn money towards the household funds and skills towards her degree and when she graduates she can re-enter the career at a high level).

Some sims may work towards or discover items that change their lifestate. A sim who takes up caving (spelunking) and finds mermadic kelp in a Sulani cave becomes a Mersim or gifts it to someone else who does. Maybe you spot Moira Fyres browsing in an occult shop so the next time you play her you buy her the Magic Beans she seemed so interested in and she eventually becomes a PlantSim.

Decide if your sim would collect anything based on their personality. Gamers might collect MySims or VoidCritters, for example, whereas an Art Lover might collect prints of all types. They might collect non-official collection too, such as sports memorabilia or celebrity autographs.

For Adults, roll a dice each time you rotate to them to see if they have a mid life crisis. You decide the probability. If they roll one, then randomise what about. Things to change could be a change of scene (move to a new world), a new partner, career or hobby, a personality change (change a trait, get lifestyle coaching, invert a preference), selling a beloved collection and starting another etc.

Lots of ways to spice up those less interesting sims.
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited February 2022
    Are all the sims in the manage households randomly generated by the game? I have about 120 and are all one person households.
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »
    I dont usually delete premades, but if I must choose I will just delete most of the single sim premades as they take up Lot that I can use.

Don't delete them, just evict them via the world map options. This way you still see them around, but they aren't taking up a lot.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I think I only delete Baby Ariel, and that's because she's not a Maxis OC but a real life celeb.

Alex Moyer, Jasmine Holiday etc get made mortal via MCCC (only legendary sims like Father Winter and Grim should be immortal, not regular ones).

I like to move in the homeless premades and sims from the base game trailers at the start of a rotation (except for special sims like ole Crumplebutt and Father Winter), and I introduce newer Maxis trailer/Gallery sims gradually over time.

All premades get hair and make up tweaks to suit their face and hot/cold weather outfits added. I like to carry their everyday style over to the hot/cold outfits though, so for example, Eliza might wear the same top and flip-flops for hot weather, but would have jean shorts instead of jeans. This way they keep their iconic look and I can spot them around town. Additional outfits they have to acquire through gameplay.
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • Options
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Are all the sims in the manage households randomly generated by the game? I have about 120 and are all one person households.

Some will be premades. To see who is a premade, start a new game and pause immediately so townies don't spawn. Go to Manage Households. Select Other Households and filter for Not in World sims.

These are homeless premades such as celebs from GF, Father Winter from Seasons, Mayor Whiskers and a ghost dog called Captain from C&D, Mersims from IL, Alex Moyer from the tutorial, Erwin Pries from SV and possibly others I forget.