Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuck between Build/buy and live mode.

nonyabusnesnonyabusnes Posts: 52 Member
Hello.
I seem to get stuck all the time in build/buy and live mode. I googled for solutions, all I get are a bunch of unresolved forum discussions from years ago where people tell each other to hit f1 or f2, which doesn't solve the problem. All I can do is wait for the save mod to activate, save my game and exit. When I reload, nothing is lost.

But the thing is, I cannot seem to edit a public building/park any longer.
I edited the summer festival grounds to my likings, all i wanted to do is add a lantern pole somewhere on a dark spot, but it won't let me.

I have testingcheatsenabled true on by default, edited that in a mod. I shift click and then build or buy on this lot options appear, then it gets stuck.

It won't load the menu's, I cannot go back to live mode, I keep hearing background sounds like cars and birds. I can move around over the entire map.

This keeps happening suddenly.
Is there a fix for this in some way?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    This is a shot in the dark (sort of), but might you also have buydebug on at times? That's the one that is known to get things stuck going in one direction or another pretty often if left on.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    I have testingcheatsenabled on by default with Overwatch > settings > testing cheats enabled on true. Default is False.

Buydebug however, it's not listed as an option there, so I assume it is not on. When I go to buy/build mode, I don't see any sign of it being activated.
    I only use that when I have to build outside an apartment, which I rarely do.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Ok something happend: I went to edit town mode to save that edited festival lot to the bin and when I tried to return to live mode, I couldn't go back to live mode.
    But errortrap recorded something:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <NRaas.Traveler>
    <ModVersion value="87"/>
    <BuildVersion value="0.0.0.32"/>
    <Installed value="BaseGame, EP3, EP4, EP8"/>
    <Enumerator value="1"/>
    <Content>
    (OneShotFunctionTask) Function method: Void ReturnToLive(), Declaring Type: NRaas.Traveler
    Counter: 1
    Sim-Time: Fri. at 7:04 PM
    Start-Time: 02/09/2021 21:59:53
    PreLoadup-Time: 02/09/2021 22:00:17
    Loadup-Time: 02/09/2021 22:02:28
    Log-Time: 02/09/2021 22:26:26

System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
    #0: 0x0003e callvirt in Sims3.UI.Hud.Sims3.UI.Hud.PuckController:GameStateChanging (Sims3.UI.Responder/GameSubState,Sims3.UI.Responder/GameSubState) (71FAEB60 [14] [0] )
    #1: 0x00000 in Sims3.UI.Sims3.UI.GameStateChangingDelegate:Invoke (Sims3.UI.Responder/GameSubState,Sims3.UI.Responder/GameSubState) (93457F00 [14] [0] )
    #2: 0x00014 callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.UI.Sims3.Gameplay.UI.Responder:FireGameStateChanging (Sims3.Gameplay.InWorldState/SubState,Sims3.Gameplay.InWorldState/SubState) ([14] [0] )
    #3: 0x00008 call in Sims3.Gameplay.UI.Sims3.Gameplay.UI.Responder:InWorldSubStateChanging (Sims3.Gameplay.InWorldState/SubState,Sims3.Gameplay.InWorldState/SubState) ([14] [0] )
    #4: 0x00000 in Sims3.Gameplay.InWorldState+InWorldSubStateChangingCallback:Invoke (Sims3.Gameplay.InWorldState/SubState,Sims3.Gameplay.InWorldState/SubState) (2C42FE10 [14] [0] )
    #5: 0x00105 callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Sims3.Gameplay.InWorldState:GotoSubState (Sims3.Gameplay.InWorldState/SubState) (3A6D4A00 [0] )
    #6: 0x00025 ret.void in Sims3.Gameplay.Sims3.Gameplay.InWorldState:GotoReturnState () ()
    #7: 0x00015 ret.void in Sims3.Gameplay.Sims3.Gameplay.GameStates:TransitionToReturnState () ()
    #8: 0x00026 ldsfld in Sims3.Gameplay.Sims3.Gameplay.EditTownModel:ExitEditTown (bool) (80689300 [0] )
    #9: 0x000f2 brtrue.i4.s in Sims3.UI.GameEntry.Sims3.UI.GameEntry.EditTownPuck:ReturnToLive () ()
    #10: 0x0002e leave.s in NRaas.NRaas.Traveler:ReturnToLive () ()
    #11: 0x00000 in Sims3.Gameplay.Sims3.Gameplay.Function:Invoke () ()
    #12: 0x00007 leave.s in NRaas.Common+FunctionTask:Simulate () ()

</Content>
    </NRaas.Traveler>

This never happend before. It seems like that lot is suddenly bugged. My sims suddenly can't play an instrument there, they stop right away, the instrument stays there and errortrap teleports them home.
    :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    Can you do what you want though with other lots or is it just this one that is producing the error?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    igazor wrote: »
    Can you do what you want though with other lots or is it just this one that is producing the error?

Oh, I just tried to edit the petit swiming pool lot, and I can edit that one without problems.
    Trying on festival park again, stuck again.`

Edit: ok that lot is derping out for real. Can't click on that button to send my sim home when they are there.
    My sim is talking to a person there and in the top left corner where it says what a person thinks about my sim, there is the wrong name. The name of my sims sister. So weird. Did I break it?
  • Options
    Yeah, I dunno what's going on there but I do think it's time to cut your losses with that one and get rid of the lot entirely. You might consider replacing it with a fresh unedited copy, save one down to the bin from another loadup of the game if you need to.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Hmm I used MC to reset the lot, now it seems to be working again, I can build on it again and I also deleted a bunch of piano's and bass instruments that got stuck as my sims got send back by error trap :D
    If that didn't work, I think your replacing suggestion would've been another solution probably.

Edit: Sad thing is, a new season is here and there's a different festival lot, but the pool is still there and a bar I added is gone but the roof is still there, I thought this would be gone with the summer festival lot. Now I have to edit it all again, nobody wants to swim in fall.
    Post edited by nonyabusnes on
  • Options
    GothangelGothangel Posts: 128 Member
    me too
  • Options
    GothangelGothangel Posts: 128 Member
    i need update to sims 3