Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your story for the aliens?

Aliens definitely exist in Maxis-sims world, and have since SimCity 3000 & The Sims 1: cities could be visited by ufos, and Sims there could be abducted. As the series has progressed, we've seen more and more aliens, until now in The Sims 4, there are alien nights at the bar. So...how do you explain them, and how do you play them?

My head-canon is that the aliens (who I call Xenons for some reason) began visiting the Sims world 20+ years ago, and didn't realize that Sims regarded their attempts to communicate and learn about life on Sim-Earth were perceived as abductions. As more people were abducted it became impossible to hide the fact that there are aliens. The military wanted to rally and stop the Xenons, but were so out-classed that the Xenons didn't even realize they were under serious attack. Eventually, the Sims learned that the Xenons' home planet was mostly uninabitable now, and that they lived in space and were interested in partially settling Earth. Although the Sims couldn't really STOP them, the Xenons were given a small area where they were allowed to settle among humans (Strangetown in Sims 2), in exchange for trading tech. In the last 20 years, Simworld's tech has grown exponentially thanks to that trade, with the ability to clone sims and have talking robots, etc, and more and more aliens have settled. They now live everywhere, not just in Strangetown, but often assume human guises so that their hosts won't freak out by how many aliens there really are. There are different-colored Xenons just as there are different-colored sims. There's a sims ministry that is just about Xenon-Sim relations. (Er...diplomatic relations, not bedtime relations.) The plants in Strangeville may or may not be from the Xenon's home planet. (However, I just realized why I call them Xenons: the alien world in Half-Life is Xen. :D )

Comments

• Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't explain them at all because I don't play them. They don't even exist in my game anymore, thanks to mods. I used to think they'd be a fun addition, but they turned out to annoy me with those balloon-fueled voices and to generally irritate me in other ways as well. So I got rid of them.

I like your "Xenons" story, though. Half-Life was a very cool game, too. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    edited February 2021
    I make up a different backstory for each save. This is the lore for my rotational save:

The planet Sixam takes roughly 220 years to circle the sun once. For twenty of those years it is close enough to allow travel from and to Earth (if technology level is sufficent, that is). In the past, contact has been mostly with the Omiscan priesthood. Interestingly, their accounts of Sixam's culture and technology vary, as there have been several setbacks. In the 1818-38 cycle Sixam's tech was at a low point (due to war or desaster, haven't decided yet) and they had to pick up some earth inventions, that led them to develop a steampunkish technology. In the 2038-58 cycle (my game's current time) Sixam and Earth are about on par. That allows me to play a more intrigue and economy based story rather than an invasion.

Alien disguises aren't really disguises, but the result of eating Earth foods. With Sixam foods in their system, they manifest their alien form, but when they regularly eat earth food, they change to the human coloration, eyes and whatever else.

I keep a lot of my alien backstory sketchy, to later build upon when maybe new packs bring new gameplay elements to weave in. I also sometimes retcon things, for example originally Sixam was an exoplanet, not part of the Solar System.

Details (longwinded & self-indulgend ;) )

Relations

Strictly feudal Sixam is divided into several noble houses, but they act as a unity in their dealings with Earth. Those nations of Earth that are aware of the aliens took up negotiations individually. So far these are the USA, Canada, Russia and Sulani.
    Scientists, tourists, exchange students, workplace interns etc. travel back and forth with relative freedom, there are speciality restaurants and I also built a campground on Sixam. I do not have RoM, but in my headcanon the magic world is either a moon of Sixam's or maybe the planet consists of several asteroids held together by a shared gravity field (torn apart in a war, maybe?).

Motherplant

She is the head of a noble house, but got left behind during the 1818-38 cycle, believed dead. In truth she'd only went dormant, and in the present was found by scientists, who revived her. However, Mother was confused and then her reproductive cycle set in, that Earth's ecosystem had no counter for.
    After the crisis was solved in 2039, the investigators learned the secret of Sixam and returned Mother to her home. They promised to keep quiet about it, but then the abductions started.

Abductions

The noble houses were not aware of those and when they got accused by the victims, they payed compensation in addition to helping stop the assaults.
    It turned out that Morgyn Ember, Sixam's head scientist, and Elijah Kamski, Earth's most brilliant mind, had teamed up in secret. Their goal was to find whether some specific dna sequences still existed in humankind and to what extent interbreeding was possible.

Morgyn found the dna he was looking for, but not in humans. Baffling as it sounded, it was in their androids. But Elijah had created those androids and to him the discovery was equally baffling. What the heck was going on here?!

The dark secret

Long ago Sixam mainained a colony on Earth. With each away-cycle the colonists became increasingly independent, to the point where during one cycle the noble houses ordered a complete retreat, for fear of their colony growing into a rival during the next circle. When the colonists refused, they got bombed from orbit.
    This act of genocide was covered up by Sixam's rulers, who taught future generations that there had been a colony alright, but that it had perished during an away-cycle. Earth was just too dangerous to permanently settle. However, the Omiscans kept knowledge of the original events and after many forays into the omiscan ruins, my sims now know the full story.

Morgyn believed in the lie he had grown up with, however, they suspected that there had been breeding between early humans and Sixamites. Morgyn's goal was to find proof of that theory and then enjoy the chaos that would ensue when thousands of earth people suddenly turned out to have ties to current rulers or claims to the funds of noble houses that didn't exist anymore.

Tie in with Detroit Become Human (the PS4 game which this save is based on)

Originally I didn't want to include aliens in this save, but then one day they grabbed an android from his home and not just, that, Daniel returned pregnant. I hadn't felt the need to make my androids sterile, because try for baby is always user-directed, so there was no risk. So now I had a little cyborg coming and a backstory to write that explained why a robot would have an half-alien child.

Fortunately in Detroit the androids are powered by a (fictional) substance called thirium, which is mined in the polar regions mostly. Androids also start to deviate from their program code in that game, they develop fears and desires. I decided to combine these two facts with my alien backstory and declared that thirium is what's left of the perished/destroyed colony, basically the desecrated remains of the settlers. Normal servos therefore cannot deviate, only androids running on thirium.

Upon realizing this, Morgyn now believed they could bring back the colonists. They not just analyzed dna anymore, but started creating the hybrid babys. Morgyn erred, each hybrid child is a new individual, no cloned alien.

With that backstory in mind I randomize possible bloodlines for my abduction babies and for each android who sends in a blood sample for a test. So far many blood samples contained enough recoverable dna to prove kinship (and thus apply for citizenship on Sixam), but only sim's thirium was pure enough to allow linking to a specific family: Connor Anderson, an international negotiator. He is related to a poor family of factory workers, so no political upheaval yet.

The Paranormal

I wanted this save to be about androids, and I still do not allow vampires, animated skeletons, talking ghosts or spellcasters to exist, but some lowkey paranormal activity (island spirits, komorebi spirits, haunted lots) is subtle enough to fit in. In my headcanon it occurs whenever Sixam and Earth come close. This also means that Guidry is no ghost in my game, but an A.I. that projects a picture of itself into the room.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    My Sixam stories are within normal lore. Most Sixam aliens are here for scientific purposes or as pollination techs. Kerrigan is a pollination tech who is looking for a less dramatic method of pollination than abducting and impregnating Sims so Kerrigan is studying the relationship side of things. Kerrigan tries to be open minded for science but really falls for blondes.

Other Sixam aliens are here for science or serial romance depending on the story. I don't take them too far outside the norm but the children of the Sixam aliens are open season for every story. Kerrigan and her daughter discovered vampirism is a good way of having "children" so Kerrigan's daughter sought out and became a vampire with the aspiration of having a vampire family. She ultimately feels empty because they aren't biologically connected so she makes enemies out of her creations.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2021
    I do have this thing where there is multiple alien colonies and they have different views about each other and sims on "earth"

I view sixamians as sort of more posh safe colony of aliens who do the earth travels as like tourist thing and have like nobles and royals and such

and abduct some cows for fashion and make pretty field patterns and that kinda stuff

they are mostly friendly and want to get close to humans but little off about how to interact

then there is the evil colonies of aliens that are constantly attacking other colonies and earth and abducting sims for weird experiments and such and are slowly creeping their way in the midst of ordinary sims to take over the earth easier

and then there is moonwalkers which are basically like soldiers and spies for the evil aliens that got their colony pretty much murdered by the evil aliens but they were brainwashed by them to do their dirty jobs for them

and should they ever realize that... well surely they could switch sides

as for like other existing occults
    i sort of treat them as being caused by ancient day aliens mixing with humans

it's sort of "all magic came from space" and "all occults are human mutations caused by alien activity" type of spin

mainly cause i watched too much xfiles where everything becomes
    alens.jpg regardless of if its werewolf, vampire or weird sewer creature
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Since the Sims is mainly aimed at the Disney crowd I find the whole supernatural thing a joke. Having a Zombie eat lettuce is insulting and Aliens have been kicked to the curb for floating orbs.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I created a club for them. And a club for people who hate them. And of course, as I write this, I realize that I need a "hate alien club member" to fall in love with an alien without her finding out.

I also tried to play out the Sims 2 Bella abduction story at some point. So I think I turned Bella into an alien, and she has a clone walking around somewhere.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I have some Alien & other SiFi stories going on in my play.
    1. Doctor Who marries his beloved Donnarose in the TARDIS while they are traveling through Time & Space.
    2. Kathryn Voyager & her beloved Chakotay get stranded on an Earthlike Planet & begin to fall in love.
    3. General Jack O'Neill throws out the d.u.m rule book & falls in love with Cor. Samantha Carter while chasing bad Aliens.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Once upon a time, a young woman from Oasis Springs discovered a green baby in a crater in the middle of the desert. She took it in despite not knowing what exactly it was, and shortly thereafter, the baby's father showed up at her door. He and his fellow astrounauts from Sixam had been observing the Earth for a while, trying to learn as much as they could about the life form on this - to them - foreign planet before attempting to communicate, but then, the powers that be decided to speed up the process by crashing one of their UFOs. So the woman took in the alien pilot, too, giving him an opportunity to find out more about her species first-hand, while she learned about his. The alien then signalled his colleagues that the planet was safe to land on.

Today, the woman and the alien are still living together, now as a couple raising the latter's daughter, who is all grown up. Oasis Springs has become the Earth's alien capital, so to speak, with one neighbourhood being inhabited exclusively by sims from other planets and their offspring. There is even yet another alien species that showed up shortly after the first one, the Asari (yes, the ones from Mass Effect if you are familiar with that game), who aren't actually aliens from a gameplay perspective, but blue-skinned, tentacle-headed spellcasters and vampires with alien powers added via cheat. I have yet to decide whether they're from the same planet as the green species, but yeah, that's the story of the aliens in my game so far.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    I don't play aliens, but I really enjoyed reading everyone's stories. Hooray for imagination!
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited February 2021
    I had one of my Rags to Riches style aliens run away from an arranged marriage (or extraterrestrial equivalent..)

He lived in a shack I built in Brindleton Bay and had a pug who wasn’t exactly what he seemed either.

A second version of him got rescued by a conservationist during a Sulani monsoon. Then his betrothed turned up looking for him...
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    edited February 2021
    I have two aliens for the most part. One is Nettle Book, who's an Art Lover who's fascinated by all of the Earth art and has decided to permaently live on Earth in order to better study and admire all of that fascinating art. Her actual aspiration is Friend of the World though, and she's having a good time chatting up everyone around. Though she's in Salim's old apartment and she wants out badly. A shame really, San Myshuno makes it so easy to get out and chat with others.

The other is an alien impregnation within the Sigworth family. So Dylan got pregant and Jess kinda flipped out, with ya know, memories of the Mother and stuff. The problem is that uh, Jess took it out on the kid and that's grounds for divorce right there so I divorced the two. Dylan picked up Christie, her brother Neil and alien daughter Sally off to Brindelton Bay. So far nothing too strange is out of the ordinary but she says strange things sometimes and seems to know more than is usual and seems to be more mimicing whomever she's closest to.

...by the by, I'm neurodivergent and Sally's thing is me playing out the being weirdly "off" sort of vibe. I'm planning for her close relationship with her brother to fracture and break down once he becomes a teen and no longer finds her cool. Which is very much how my relationship with my own brother went. -sad sigh- But unlike myself, someone else has taken up a friendship with her at least, Elsa Bjergrsen, though, which'll be nice.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited February 2021
    From a storytelling aspect in my save, aliens as a race are exhausting all of their energy into abducting twin brother & sister sims of mine and can't seem to get their grubby hands on them no matter what they do.

The way things are looking right now isn't too good for aliens now that one of the siblings are spellcasters-in-training with (deadly) untamed magic.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Wow, some of you go so deep! My imagination feels very limited in comparison.

I actually do not currently have any aliens in my game, but I do have a guy in the astronaut career who lives in Strangerville and is obsessed with finding out if there is life beyond this world. I plan to have him go to Sixam when his rocket is finished, eventually I want him to fall in love with an alien and bring them back to Earth to live with him. Following that event, more aliens will discover that it is quite nice to live on Earth...
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I don't have a story for the aliens in general, just the only alien that I have for one of my save files.
    I named the alien Nadia Ilene (Not a alien), who is an alien that lives in the town, and her fashion is outdated to the 50's. So, her disguise is a 50's house wife, with the blonde hair and blue eyes, and a mole on her face, since that is what she saw in the movies that managed to be broadcast to their world. She just adopted two dogs to fit in a bit more as well.
    I know it sounds kind of dumb, but that is her backstory.
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    Aliens s1ck in the sims 4. The only thing they do is abduct you and get you pregnant. Thats it. I wish they could just remove them, because its a pointless and useless "feature". Or make stranger ville somehow different and independent of alien stuff. Making a story for the aliens is rather silly, since there is not much to pick from.